PDA

View Full Version : noob take-off issues/general help

eddiemac0
11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey, I love this game, its my first legitimate flight sim, and I love how hard it is for me; its so much more fun! I just need some help. (1) My plane (only flying the A6M2-21; want to learn on one platform...) always veers to the left on take off- can I fix this, or do i have to adjust as I go. (2) Static carrier lift-off is impossible: is this due to problem (1). (3)What does aeileron/rudder/elevator trim do/how does it work? (4) When I used to push my number pad keys, my field of vision remained in place- now they shift back to facing forward when I let go: how do I change this back? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

eddiemac0
11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey, I love this game, its my first legitimate flight sim, and I love how hard it is for me; its so much more fun! I just need some help. (1) My plane (only flying the A6M2-21; want to learn on one platform...) always veers to the left on take off- can I fix this, or do i have to adjust as I go. (2) Static carrier lift-off is impossible: is this due to problem (1). (3)What does aeileron/rudder/elevator trim do/how does it work? (4) When I used to push my number pad keys, my field of vision remained in place- now they shift back to facing forward when I let go: how do I change this back? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

actionhank1786
11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
The plane pulls left because of the Torque from the engine. Just counter that with some Right Rudder and you should be fine.
Static Carrier takes offs (havent tried one) are difficult because you dont have the additional wind over your wings that you get from the Carrier's forward movement.
I'll leave the rest to someone with a better answer

Tully__
11-10-2004, 11:35 PM
1. Real planes do this, you need to use rudder to maintain a straight takeoff.

2. Not related to 1. Are you running the engine up to full throttle before releasing chocks? Are you carrying a heavy bombload and full fuel load? Both will affect the amount of runway you need for a succesful takeoff.

Run the engine to full rpm, push the joystick all the way forward and release chocks. With the stick forward you'll find the tail comes up very quickly, once it's done so ease the stick back as speed climbs to maintain a level attitude.

As you approach the end of the deck, lower flaps to the takeoff position. Fly level off the end of the deck, don't try to climb just yet. Raise the landing gear the moment you're clear of the deck.

Once you have enough speed to maintain a gentle climb, bring the flaps up one stage at a time.

3. Aircraft will only fly straight & level with controls neutral at one speed, load and power setting combination. At any other speed or power setting, you need to move the controls from the neutral position. If you're cruising or engaged in a long climb or descent at any other speed or power setting it's very tiring to hold the controls steadily to maintain that speed, climb or descent. Trim allows you to adjust the position at which the controls are neutral by slightly changing little tabs mounted on the control surfaces themselves or in some planes by changing the angle of an entire assembly (the 109 elevator trim is one example). Not all aircraft have adjustable trim, and some have trim on only some of the controls.

4. F9 key