PDA

View Full Version : Resting Officers.

malkuth
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Getting to the point where Shuffling the officers around is a pain in the butt. There is only two resting spots for them. And if you have 5 officers it can get pretty annoying (type VII).

What do you fellas do, as most of you know if you max time compression, morale, fatique is not counted (And its doesnt get better either).

Any Tips on this? What are you guys doing, the crew is easy. The officers suck. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

quillan
03-20-2005, 08:28 PM
What I've done, is I got two officers who are Watch qualified. I run two officers in the command room (Chief of Engineering and Navigation), one on watch on the bridge, and the other two (one of whom is the other Watch qualified officer) stay in the quarters, resting. When the watch officer gets tired, I switch him out for the other one. The one in the stern quarters switches off with the two in the command room. I cannot keep up on fatigue, but I can usually keep them functional. If the patrol drags on too long, they start losing performance due to fatigue. I think I'm good for 3-4 weeks at sea, before I start really seeing a hard drop in efficiency, but that depends on how much time I spend at 1-32X compression.

Masterjts
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Personaly I turned fatigue off for the officers until the devs give us another bunk.

Nieldo
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Its becoming a bit of a pain for me also, I just hope I can run on x1024 most of the time otherwise all my officers run out of enegy at the same time, usually as we arrive at the mission area :|

Maybe in the next patch eh? Anyway, I cant see why they cant just use the other bunks with the sailers and petty officers.
Stuck up bastards :P

HeibgesU999
03-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Is there a plan for a third officers bunk?

How do I turn Officer Fatigue off?

bigwheel99
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I find it a pain too. There should be some automation where you can say I want you to cover him when he gets tired and I want to to cover him... Also telling the crew to do somthing in advanced would be good to. I was attacking a destroyer the other day and got one good shot with my last torpedo but it didn't sink. it would have been nice if I could have told the crew to man the deck gun and fire at will as soon as we surfaced the way they take watch immediately.

HeibgesU999
03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I just got back from a 42 day patrol and two of my officers had just about had the radish.

The_Third_Half
03-21-2005, 07:46 AM
It's all about the human resources....

First, if you have only 4 officers, all with more than 1 qualification, you won't need 5 officers.
Second, the only way to pull off having 5 officers is by, constantly shuffling them around, whether they are tired or not. I usually let 1 officer remain on duty, till very fatigued, this way the other 4 stay at premium freshness. I shuffle them around , bt i pick one to be the swing man.

Ioandar
03-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Yes, I find it a pain too. NoJoy in shuffling officers...

HeibgesU999
03-21-2005, 08:07 AM
And it takes a lot of Patrols to develop all your officers into having more than one Qual. I like developing more than spending Renown.

rehfett
03-21-2005, 08:18 AM
There is no need to have 5 officers at all, there is also no need to have an watch officer all the time on the bridge !
The lookout on bridge will always report any contact, but he will do that without any details about the contact.
So i have always two in the "beds" for sleep and two to run the navigation and to run the engines....as soon as there are contacts i can call all 4 for duty, this is working pretty fine for me!