PDA

View Full Version : Hawk81 vs P40B/C/Tomahawk MkII.

Lt.Davis
11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
It's just me or anyone else notice the performance of Hawk81's speed, turn rate and roll rate are different from P-40B/C/Tomahawk MKII.

I was flying Hawk81 1st in one of the server, i manage to score 3 kills. Then i feel like flying fighter bomber so i change to P-40C and 1 500ib bomb. Of cause with the bomb underneeth the P-40C slower and drag a bit.. Before i reach the target are i saw 1 109F-series so i drop my bomb and chasing after him. I dogfight with the 109 and i feel the different straight away. It's more easy to stall in P-40C so i cannot turn like Hawk81, The speed also to me like slower... that's totally like another new aircraft that i not familier with.. end up i stall and spin till i hit the ground.

I hit refly again and without bomb. End up same thing. So i swift to Hawk81 and try.. And from that moment i strongly believe the performance are different.

I try all P-40 below C series and i can tell Hawk81 is the best compare to others.

Anyone have this experience??

Lt.Davis
11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
It's just me or anyone else notice the performance of Hawk81's speed, turn rate and roll rate are different from P-40B/C/Tomahawk MKII.

I was flying Hawk81 1st in one of the server, i manage to score 3 kills. Then i feel like flying fighter bomber so i change to P-40C and 1 500ib bomb. Of cause with the bomb underneeth the P-40C slower and drag a bit.. Before i reach the target are i saw 1 109F-series so i drop my bomb and chasing after him. I dogfight with the 109 and i feel the different straight away. It's more easy to stall in P-40C so i cannot turn like Hawk81, The speed also to me like slower... that's totally like another new aircraft that i not familier with.. end up i stall and spin till i hit the ground.

I hit refly again and without bomb. End up same thing. So i swift to Hawk81 and try.. And from that moment i strongly believe the performance are different.

I try all P-40 below C series and i can tell Hawk81 is the best compare to others.

Anyone have this experience??

chris455
11-29-2004, 10:59 PM
I believe the early export models of the P-40 lacked SS fuel tanks and armor.
If modelled, this could be the difference you are experiencing.

Maj_Death
11-30-2004, 12:32 AM
That is probebly the bombrack. Many planes in PF and the previous incarnations of IL2 as well have a very heavy performance penalty for bombracks. Try a clean fighter P-40C, I doubt you can tell the difference between it and the Hawk-81 or P-40B.