PDA

View Full Version : View the game from 1940's camera technology!

SodBuster43
01-24-2004, 03:22 PM
I was goofing around with my video card settings and tried something I didn't know I could do. One of the features of Radeon 9800 is something called "smartshader".

I started changing the smartshader settings and decided to see what "black and white" looked like. To my delight I was now back in 1942 and everything in the game was in grey scale just like the old black and white camera footage.

One thing I also noticed is that I can see things much more clearly in black and white mode. So I tried my QMB in full real and was able to get a couple extra kills just because I could now see more of the planes around me.

The game now reminds me of the old "gun cam footage" we see so often when watching the WWII documentaries.

So, if this feature is available to you, give it a try if you already haven't. You might have some fun with this also.

SodBuster43
01-24-2004, 03:22 PM
I was goofing around with my video card settings and tried something I didn't know I could do. One of the features of Radeon 9800 is something called "smartshader".

I started changing the smartshader settings and decided to see what "black and white" looked like. To my delight I was now back in 1942 and everything in the game was in grey scale just like the old black and white camera footage.

One thing I also noticed is that I can see things much more clearly in black and white mode. So I tried my QMB in full real and was able to get a couple extra kills just because I could now see more of the planes around me.

The game now reminds me of the old "gun cam footage" we see so often when watching the WWII documentaries.

So, if this feature is available to you, give it a try if you already haven't. You might have some fun with this also.

TheGozr
01-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Yes it was cool http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
i tried the others.
real smooth too.

-GOZR
"TheMotorheads" All for One and One for All (http://www.french.themotorhead.com/themotorhead_fighters/)

SodBuster43
01-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Further testing with smartshader has revealed to me that there are also ways to gain an edge over other players online.

One setting called "sketch" was very interesting and made dots very visible anywhere on the map. They actually literally glowed. This is a very bizzar setting but could be used to gain unfair advantages.

Some of the settings sort of simulate wearing some kind of amber or green goggles. These also could be used to gain an edge.

I'm quite sure, by seeing some of the things that can be done with graphics card settings, that you could tailor your game to give you a definate advantage over players using default RGB settings.

SodBuster43
01-24-2004, 04:18 PM
LMAO, this one is way too funny.

If you play first person vietnam shooters like Vietcong for instance and you always wanted to know what it was like to fight in NAM while on LSD, try the smartshader "RGB cycle" setting.

"Psychodelic man, I can dig it man, groovy, woowww!!!"