PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR question

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 03:46 AM
I've been trying to setup TIR properly but can't work out how to ensure it centres properly after looking somewhere else.

Can any TIR users tell me what I need to do in my setup?

Thanks in advance!

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 03:46 AM
I've been trying to setup TIR properly but can't work out how to ensure it centres properly after looking somewhere else.

Can any TIR users tell me what I need to do in my setup?

Thanks in advance!

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:55 AM
go to the track ir forum at the main track ir page there is a good setup instuction there. Also befor u start il2 be sure that track ir enhanced mode is on hit f12 to center then start game. Also use the latest drivers i guess from the main page. I have had it 2 days and i am still learning.
S!

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Be sure to press F8 too.
F8 will switch to "enhanced mode", and thats what you want in FB. For Sturmovik (old IL-2) there is no enhanced mode available, centering is more difficult there.

Enhanced mode should also work with FS2k2, SF:P1 and LO-MAC (lucky people who can fly it already).

Good luck !

Edit: F12 centers, but F8 helps to keep center where it belongs to... with regular mouse-view the center will drift when you turn your head dramatically.

Message Edited on 07/05/0302:14PM by weasel75

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:07 PM
F12 by defaul. Program this to your joystick if you can.
Viking

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:17 PM
I have set up number pad key 7 to toggle TrackIR on/off.

Number pad key 5 centers the pointer and I have mapped a button on my joystick to snap back to front view.
To recenter I look ahead, hit the 5 key, and then my joystick button.

In addition I have mapped num pad key 9 to TrackIR precision mode. I use this when taking off and for those tricky aiming situations.

Having all the TrackIR controls in one place (the number pad) makes it easier to control it without moving your head to look at the keyboard.

Also, play around with the mouse sensitivity in FB together with the smoothing slider in TrackIR. I've settled on a mouse sensitivity of 1.75 and a smoothing of 27.

One last thing, it's also good to program in a dead zone and I even deaden out the very end of the graph (you end up with a sort of W shape for the graph).

A center mounted spot is the best (right inthe middle of your glasses/hat/whatever. I also make the front legs of the TrackIR unit hang over the front of my monitor. It lowers the unit and therby makes it point more accurately at your head.

Alexi

------------------------------------------
Drug of choice...coffee
=======================

Message Edited on 07/05/0301:42PM by Alexi_Alx_Anova

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks for your help!

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the F8 tip. I didn't know about it.