PDA

View Full Version : disappointed with il2 1946

danielv1982
04-10-2007, 10:11 AM
i was quite disappointed with the il2 1946. far less flyable aircraft than i imagined. the flying wing is in none of the missions. the yp80. the new me 262 .. is there any way to unlock these aircraft?

danielv1982
04-10-2007, 10:11 AM
i was quite disappointed with the il2 1946. far less flyable aircraft than i imagined. the flying wing is in none of the missions. the yp80. the new me 262 .. is there any way to unlock these aircraft?

XyZspineZyX
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi

You are disappointed because you are misunderstanding

There are no "unlocks" of any kind in the program. There is no restricted content.

There are, literally, hundreds of flyable aircraft in this simulation. The YP-80 is not new. It seems to me that you are brand new to the sim. Just ask some questions, and you will get answers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dazza9806482
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi m8

the stock missions and stuff is fairly lacking, but you will find a wealth of fantastic user generated missions @ airwarfare.com

stick with it, it is a really cool 'game' just not so hot in terms of presentation and accessibility, you need a bit of perservance to get all the depth out

Manu-6S
04-10-2007, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielv1982:
i was quite disappointed with the il2 1946. far less flyable aircraft than i imagined. the flying wing is in none of the missions. the yp80. the new me 262 .. is there any way to unlock these aircraft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offline missions with those planes don't mean they aren't flyable.

The planes you named are all flyable online and still you can create mission with them in your own pc.

XyZspineZyX
04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
You can fly all of them offline in the QMB as well. Just select them. There's no "online restricted" content of any kind at all

berg417448
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielv1982:
i was quite disappointed with the il2 1946. far less flyable aircraft than i imagined. the flying wing is in none of the missions. the yp80. the new me 262 .. is there any way to unlock these aircraft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Il2 1946 has single missions for all of those aircraft. Additionally, you can create your own missions using the FMB.

PBNA-Boosher
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Feel free to ask us any questions, whether by PT or in this thread. We'll gladly answer them to help make IL2 more enjoyable for you.

FluffyDucks2
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Or you could use Mission Mate or the excellent UberQuick Mission generator... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Less flyables than you imagined???

We have 229 flyable aircraft in IL2 1946, individually modelled and simulated, over 300 overall, including non-flyables.

If you find a plane that you cannot start a campaign with, there is a good chance, it is simulated in a single mission and if that is not true, you can either download a user-made campaign or start one with lowegrins Campaign-Addon.
Besides that, if you start with the lowest rank, there is not much more to do for you, than flying formation.

Bearcat99
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Hit the Essentials link in my sig and get Mission Mate. It is a user made utility that will let you create missions beyond the QMB. It's to early to be disapointed unless you have a 6 year old rig and are trying to fly with a keyboard. Otherwise suck it up, hang in there and consider no question at all too dumb to be asked. Everyone here will bend over backwarfs to assist you... and cant wait to see your posts @ 3 months from now. If you want a sim thats a quick study... this aint it. It is challenging but well worth the effort. So stick to it.
Welcome aboard.

LStarosta
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
You should try the X-4 rockets

Lberaldo
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FluffyDucks2:
Or you could use Mission Mate or the excellent UberQuick Mission generator... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I create EVERY type of quick mission with those addons, from dogfights to takeoff-patrol-land missions?

stalkervision
04-10-2007, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
You should try the X-4 rockets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The x-4 is a lot of great fun ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

VW-IceFire
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Can someone check the IP address or something...I'd love to be helpful here but I've spent far too much time on people who were just trolling us along in the past.

Assuming this isn't a trolling attempt...welcome to the forums danielv. IL-2 1946 has 250 flyable aircraft. Not all are immediately available in the single missions or in the campaigns although they do cover quite a bit.

Try the Quick Mission Builder. That will grant you access to everything available right away. Then visit www.mission4today.com (http://www.mission4today.com) to download all kinds of single missions and campaigns.

K_Freddie
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
danielv1982 - I take it you're ~25 years old. Don't frett... A lot of us here come from 20+ years of flying and flight sims, and believe us - This is the only flight sim you'd ever want.

Have a bit of patience and persevere. This 'game' is difficult to master, but once that is done, that piece of 'blue' at the top of your screen is the limit.

Hang in there
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

major_setback
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
C'mon! The guy is fishing.

http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/earthquakes/bigone/images/ship.jpg

(Good picture...no connection).

Esel1964
04-11-2007, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
Less flyables than you imagined???

We have 229 flyable aircraft in IL2 1946, individually modelled and simulated, over 300 overall, including non-flyables.

If you find a plane that you cannot start a campaign with, there is a good chance, it is simulated in a single mission and if that is not true, you can either download a user-made campaign or start one with lowegrins Campaign-Addon.
Besides that, if you start with the lowest rank, there is not much more to do for you, than flying formation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cap'n Ranger-I like your montage sig pic,including the pic of an important lady to you(I assume),thrown in as it would've been in WW2.

Very nice work,any clues you could give me to get me on the track to creating such pieces,would be highly appreciated.