PDA

View Full Version : Request for easy chg- F1 always goes to Cockpit

Sky_Captain
02-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I use the CTRL-F1 'no cockpit' view pretty often and I would really like to be able to hit 'F1' and go straight back to the regular cockpit view.

But once you're in 'CTRL-F1' mode you have to cycle through all the modes to get out of it.

I wish F1 would just ALWAYS go straight back to regular cockpit mode.

Can this be that difficult a thing to do? It surprises me what with all the enhancements and patches to this series that no one has asked for it before. Maybe it's just us non-purists (ie, not very good sim-pilots) who even use the 'CTRL-F1' mode.

Any chance we'll see this change sometime?

-MB

Sky_Captain
02-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I use the CTRL-F1 'no cockpit' view pretty often and I would really like to be able to hit 'F1' and go straight back to the regular cockpit view.

But once you're in 'CTRL-F1' mode you have to cycle through all the modes to get out of it.

I wish F1 would just ALWAYS go straight back to regular cockpit mode.

Can this be that difficult a thing to do? It surprises me what with all the enhancements and patches to this series that no one has asked for it before. Maybe it's just us non-purists (ie, not very good sim-pilots) who even use the 'CTRL-F1' mode.

Any chance we'll see this change sometime?

-MB

RobertNighthawk
02-09-2004, 05:08 PM
have you tried binding (assigning) your most used view keys to your joystick in the "Controls" section so you can switch without cycling. This works for me.

S!

http://robertnighthawk.homestead.com/files/surrenderdorothy.jpg