PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, will we be getting the B-26?

VonKlugermon
07-11-2005, 11:46 AM
In a patch or in BOB?

Just asking!

Willy

new-fherathras
07-11-2005, 11:58 AM
no news of a b-26, no

regarding BoB
the b-26 wasnt around in 1939. You knew that, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Foo.bar
07-11-2005, 12:28 PM
wich one? douglas or martin?

VonKlugermon
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Why Martin, of course! (No license issues either!) Only one flyable left in the world today is right here in Florida - Kermit Week's Fantasy of Flight.

(Oh, and first one flew in 1939, June I think. No, it wasn't in BOB, but the 109Z wasn't in service at all!)

Willy

BSS_Vidar
07-11-2005, 03:13 PM
That would be a nice addition to both FB, and PF. I just picked up this months Aviation History issue. It gives the accounts of a pilot, who is still living, that flew one of the four B-26's that were in the Battle of Midway. They all carrier a single externally mounted torpedo.

When a Zeke got on his six, this guy ran 4 ft right down the entire length of the Akagi's flight deck! Nice artist rendering on the cover.

I never knew B-26's were in the Battle of Midway.

p1ngu666
07-11-2005, 04:39 PM
might have a martin maryland?
there was some american bombers about early on

goshikisen
07-11-2005, 07:41 PM
The B-26 would make a great addition as AI seeing as how it was used in Europe and the Pacific. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though as it's probably out of reach due to the copyright madness.

VonKlugermon
07-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by goshikisen:
The B-26 would make a great addition as AI seeing as how it was used in Europe and the Pacific. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though as it's probably out of reach due to the copyright madness.

I still say that these aircraft companies have no grounds for license issues on public aircraft that are no longer in production, (or for that matter even supported by the original manufacturer). These airplanes/designs were paid for by our tax dollars, so the rights belong to the government/people! It doesn't matter if you are a US citizen or not, Oleg and the rest of us should petition our government representatives to squash this nonsense!

Willy

VW-IceFire
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by VonKlugermon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goshikisen:

I still say that these aircraft companies have no grounds for license issues on public aircraft that are no longer in production, (or for that matter even supported by the original manufacturer). These airplanes/designs were paid for by our tax dollars, so the rights belong to the government/people! It doesn't matter if you are a US citizen or not, Oleg and the rest of us should petition our government representatives to squash this nonsense!

Willy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some recent actions by other software developers seems to have made the same arguments that you did and it appears that the corporations have backed off...

Green light to me.

Eraser_tr
07-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Some recent actions by other software developers seems to have made the same arguments that you did and it appears that the corporations have backed off...

Green light to me.

Then lets have the U-4, P-47N, black widow, and american torpedo bombers then! and a P-38F, helldiver, P-40N and allison engined mustangs for good measure. It's too bad PF has such a low poly count limit, by october I'll have a gorgeous P-38F done for the MS sims

VW-IceFire
07-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Green light to me.

Then lets have the U-4, P-47N, black widow, and american torpedo bombers then! and a P-38F, helldiver, P-40N and allison engined mustangs for good measure. It's too bad PF has such a low poly count limit, by october I'll have a gorgeous P-38F done for the MS sims </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The low poly limit is no doubt based on the limits of what is now a 7 year old engine. Considering that, things still look pretty darn cool.

Certainly, if the green light is opened then we have some possibility for aircraft. But not all that everyone want...simply because they do not exist and were never finished. Even if the green light is now on, there are likely to be few gains from it.

My feeling is maybe the Devastator AI (as it was finished and delivered to our knowledge), the Yorktown/Hornet/Enterprise, and possibly anything else that was finished. I've never seen or heard of a Helldiver (although I'd love to see it) and the P-47N suffered setback after setback finally succumbing later on.

As Oleg said, the vast majority of efforts is now on BOB with one guy working on the FB/AEP/PF engine related stuff. He DOES need to move on...

Herustic_Algor
07-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh Yes!

A Martin B-26 Marauder would be so cool!

han freak solo
07-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Herustic_Algor:
Oh Yes!

A Martin B-26 Marauder would be so cool!
That would be great.

I want the flyable B-25H, too! 75mm Cannon, mmmmmmm! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/bombers/b25h-3.jpg

MS_Siwarrior
07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Yes it would be nice but its very hard to fly LOL

TAGERT.
07-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by VonKlugermon:
In a patch or in BOB?

Just asking!

Willy http://www.umich.edu/~info/8ball/7.gif