PDA

View Full Version : Combos?!

Zackebacke
11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I love this game, but one thing really bugs me. How do I do the cool finishing combo-moves? Like in AC1 when you were supposed to tap the attack-button just as the swords made contact. I manage to do some finishers some time, but I want to know if these are random? Because hidden blade is only funny with the extremely violent finishers. :3

Edengoth
11-21-2009, 02:21 PM
When their health is low enough that the next hit will kill them (usually one or two squares), then it'll do a finishing move, provided you're not already in the middle of a serious of swings on that enemy.

Zackebacke
11-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
When their health is low enough that the next hit will kill them (usually one or two squares), then it'll do a finishing move, provided you're not already in the middle of a serious of swings on that enemy.
So I should stop and then do the tap-combo? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SupremeCaptain
11-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Zackebacke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
So I should stop and then do the tap-combo? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the plan! :P

Sinlore
11-21-2009, 03:00 PM
You can do it from the start, it just depends on the enemy. As you progress you have to weaken them usually before you can do a combo to them.

All you need to do is counter attack, the second their sword begins its swing hold right trigger and press X, and it will counter attack.

Furthermore, if you are using your fists and Disarm them, usually if you dont get hit the immediate next attack on the enemy will be a killing combo.

There are some really sweet kills from disarms, axes through heads, sweeps and axes to the chest. Really top notch stuff.

Zackebacke
11-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Sinlore:
You can do it from the start, it just depends on the enemy. As you progress you have to weaken them usually before you can do a combo to them.

All you need to do is counter attack, the second their sword begins its swing hold right trigger and press X, and it will counter attack.

Furthermore, if you are using your fists and Disarm them, usually if you dont get hit the immediate next attack on the enemy will be a killing combo.

There are some really sweet kills from disarms, axes through heads, sweeps and axes to the chest. Really top notch stuff.
No, you got it all wrong! I don't want to do the counter, I want the combo-kills from AC1!

Edengoth
11-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention those fatality moves (they are no longer combos, but it's the same type of move that was a combo kill in AC1) can be done on the first hit if the opponent is unarmed.

Zackebacke
11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Ok, let's call them fatalities. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But I don't know how to do them. Everytime their health is low and I attack, they just... Die. Just fall down and die, without something brutal. Although, sometimes Ezio punches them 7 times in the stomach with his hidden blades and stuff like that. But just sometimes. :/

X10J
11-21-2009, 07:26 PM
one thing you can do is stun them with sand then attack while they're stunned it should do a "fatality"

Zackebacke
11-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
one thing you can do is stun them with sand then attack while they're stunned it should do a "fatality"
Yeah, they're awesome. But the sand-attack is way to slow to pull of.

But I think I've got it. You have to have a weapon with good speed and dodge an attack and then attack them. It worked three times in a row with my knife.