PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh .. so AC turned out to be .. *Spoilers*

Medifro
05-17-2010, 05:56 AM
So AC turned out to be very heavy on fiction. I LOVED the historical aspect of the series (being a fan of the Hashashim history). I was O.K with messing up the history but the story was awesome, Templers and all. Awesome alternate history, I thought, even with the Eden stuff going on.

I went through Subject 16's puzzles and loved it even more, Dan Brownish conspiracy theories all over the place, Alteir's writing in the Codex, The tombs of the past assassins whom are from different civilizations. The historical fiction of the game was fantastic. The ending was a big WTF moment.

Needless to say I was disappointed especially after the 2012 sun flare thing ( reminded me of the movie "Knowing" ). Personally I have no idea how its going to progress in a meaningful way especially since the AC:Brotherhood is in Rome.

I have strong faith in the team, I'd REALLY love to see some added depth and twists to the story later on. By now it seems predictable, somewhat.

I can't find a reason why the Templars would continue fighting the assassins, since the whole world is at stake here. Oh well ..

PlagueDoctor357
05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Because no one but Desmond and his crew seen the message that was left for Desmond through Ezios eyes.

Templars just want to rule the world, they don't know about the incoming death.

Deathshennin
05-17-2010, 03:09 PM
They actually do know about ''Those who came before''.

Vidic told Desmond about ''Those who came before'' So he probably either saw the message, or they used Subject 16 to go back into that time.

They also play a part in 2012 plot, in one of the emails. It states that they are programmed to launch a satilite(Probably with the Apple) into space.

Geuss when, on 21st December 2012.

BK-110
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
The Templars' plan is to launch one of the Apples with a sattelite into the earth's orbit to magnify the reach of its mind control powers in order to control the people's minds.

This has nothing to do with the impending doom which they may or may not know about. But judging by their plans I'd say it's rather reasonable to say that they don't.

Deathshennin
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
There might not even be a doom, if you look carefully you see that what they say is also important.

What do we know about 2012?

The Maya knew that date was special, we also know they where known for there gifts. This could indicate that ''Those who came before'' revealed themselfs to them. This also explains how they could know about 2012.

In Assassin Creed, we see allot of Maya symbols, also the Maya Temple with Apple on top. This could also indicate that they had a piece of Eden.

We know the Templars are trying to create a new world, also stated as ''The New World Order''.

The Maya's claimed 2012, also known as the launch date of there plan. As end of OUR world, and the beginning of the NEW world. This could indicate they know about the events that are about to happen.

PlagueDoctor357
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
They know about the ones that came before simply because they know about the apple and stuff.

Abeonis
05-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
They know about the ones that came before simply because they know about the apple and stuff.

Noep, by the time of Desmond's capture the Templars know a fair amount about the First Civilisation, whereas the Assassins know next to nothing. Ironically, this is the direct opposite of how things were at the end of ACII (Ezio's story), when the Assassin's knew more about them then the Templars did.

PlagueDoctor357
05-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Which is exactly what I said. They know about the pieces of eden, nothing more.

They don't know about some solar flare, or about Minerva.

They know OF them, but do they know what they look like? Do they know if they are little green martians or not?

No.

The Templars were finding out about Holy artifacts whihc were pieces of eden and working their way to them.

Where as Ezio, being the prophet that he was....anchoring Desmond and allowing his team to actually view and hear Minerva.

She says guard against the cross, for there will be many that stand in your way.

As in, yeah the Templars are hunting those pieces of eden still because they want to launch their sat on the 21st of December in order to use the apple to take control.

They also want the other pieces for the few straglers like Desmond or some one who can see passed the apple.

They know nothing of the doom that approaches unless AC3 says otherwise somewhere.

godsmack_darius
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Well the templars saw the messages left by 16, and in the emails Lucy said they were gonnaa get people study them,

john63
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
@godsmack darius: I don't think the templars know about 16's secret messages, or fully understand his final few animus sessions.

While Desmond is first training in the Assassin warehouse, Lucy says that after everything Abstergo did to 16, his mind was all scrambled and hard to interpret. That's why Desmond trained by living Ezio's life, and not another Assassin's; he'd get training, and Lucy would be able to get the information that they couldn't understand from 16. (the whole finding of the vault and whatnot)

How 16 managed to get the "Adam and Eve" animus session, without Vidic or others immediately seeing it, IDK, but he clearly was hiding the recording from someone, and who else but templars would be looking for it?

Maybe 16 was a little more functinal than he let on, and purposely "scrambled" his sessions as Ezio, in order to prevent templars from looking through those recordings and finding

1) the hidden "Adam and Eve" tapes, and

2) any info on the vault?

Argh... my head hurts :P

Medifro
05-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Because no one but Desmond and his crew seen the message that was left for Desmond through Ezios eyes.

Templars just want to rule the world, they don't know about the incoming death.
Excatly, and thats why I can't see how the story can progress.

Once they do know about the truth everything changes, they'll be side by side with the good guys to save the world. Any further fighting with them would be meaningless, they should be notified as soon as possible.

I dont want to wait till the end of AC3 to see Desmond finally letting them know, after killing tons of them.

ThrownInLie
05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Deathshennin:
They actually do know about ''Those who came before''.

Vidic told Desmond about ''Those who came before'' So he probably either saw the message, or they used Subject 16 to go back into that time.

They also play a part in 2012 plot, in one of the emails. It states that they are programmed to launch a satilite(Probably with the Apple) into space.

Geuss when, on 21st December 2012.

I thought subject 16 was the only one able to go as far back as Adam...I think that is how Vidic knows

Why subject 16 went crazy