PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4.09

Tator_Totts
08-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Is Patch 4.09 about as dead as Tom Cruise in Top Gun 2?

SeaFireLIV
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Feels like it. If Oleg was personally overseeing it, he would`ve kicked some bums into gear by now.

Billy_DeLyon
08-13-2008, 11:08 PM
With all the amateur "patching" being done now, I wouldn't be surprised if Oleg & Co decided it wasn't worth their time.

At least the dedicated server version would be nice..

WTE_Galway
08-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Billy_DeLyon:
With all the amateur "patching" being done now, I wouldn't be surprised if Oleg & Co decided it wasn't worth their time.

essentially that is why no-one cares about 4.09 anymore

Bearcat99
08-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Tator_Totts:

What's cookin kiddo? Heard from Sean?

Tator_Totts
08-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tator_Totts:

What's cookin kiddo? Heard from Sean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have not heard from the old gang anymore. Last I heard Sean had moved to Denver Colorado in the police force.
Beatcat, anything more going on with the contact I gave you from one of the pilots from the redtails that was Heading up the historical side? He did seem interested in your group and site.

joeap
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy_DeLyon:

essentially that is why no-one cares about 4.09 anymore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd still like to see it, at least to fly online with the dedicated server. Just IMHO.

Rjel
08-14-2008, 02:08 PM
You just need to know where to look. I got my 409 right here. She's real fine my 409. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoqHPYIUtBM&NR=1

JG52Uther
08-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes I would be happy enough if they just released the DS and then turned off the lights.

WTE_Galway
08-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Yes I would be happy enough if they just released the DS and then turned off the lights.

Basically yes that is it.

- Casual players really do not care and will not update anyway

- Offline players are happy enough with the beta. it works well enough for most people.

- The modders are happy as a pig in a poke flying their b52's with he111 pits over the new Antarctic map

Which leaves online players as the only ones with a serious problem.

ElAurens
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Which leaves online players as the only ones with a serious problem.

+1

M_Gunz
08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy_DeLyon:

essentially that is why no-one cares about 4.09 anymore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who is this no-one?

Tator_Totts
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
I guess we can call 4.09 the (Forgotten Patch).

knightflyte
08-16-2008, 08:51 PM
The patch is finished as far as developement goes. It only needs to be checked out by 1C/Maddox to go over possible errors and ommisions. THAT won't be done until 1C gets to a certain milestone in SoW;BoB (possibly beta stage of BoB?). Once they reach that then they will do what's necessary for the patch, compile it and then release it.

As said in another post most people are somewhat satisfied with the exception of the online crowd who have no dedicated server version to play online with 4.09.

Feathered_IV
08-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Can a dedicated server patch be created by the community? Just a thought...

knightflyte
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Reverse engineered from the 4.08 patch maybe?

h009291
08-17-2008, 03:01 AM
...... It only needs to be checked out by 1C/Maddox to go over possible errors and ommisions. THAT won't be done until 1C gets to a certain milestone in SoW;BoB (possibly beta stage of BoB?). Once they reach that then they will do what's necessary for the patch, compile it and then release it....

Just release it ... the community checks them out anyway .... right?

JG52Uther
08-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by h009291:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...... It only needs to be checked out by 1C/Maddox to go over possible errors and ommisions. THAT won't be done until 1C gets to a certain milestone in SoW;BoB (possibly beta stage of BoB?). Once they reach that then they will do what's necessary for the patch, compile it and then release it....

Just release it ... the community checks them out anyway .... right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this case:If there are bugs with 409 final I doubt they would be fixed,as 1C has finished with il2.So,if they release 409 and it porks your favourite plane,tough.

joeap
08-17-2008, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:

In this case:If there are bugs with 409 final I doubt they would be fixed,as 1C has finished with il2.So,if they release 409 and it porks your favourite plane,tough.

Errrr no FM changes in 4.09 at least not in the beta so I don't see why that would be the case with the "official."

h009291
08-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by joeap:
.Errrr no FM changes in 4.09 at least not in the beta so I don't see why that would be the case with the "official."

Shhhh ... don't say that ... won't give them any more excuses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

rustbucket1942
08-17-2008, 03:39 PM
pardon my english, I'm American
On the subject of 1946 patches, Is there ONE place in ubi that ALL the files needed to put together a server for 1946 4.08m are located, and is there an MD5 # anywhere for them?