PDA

View Full Version : Another glitch, I think?

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 06:02 AM
So here I am, moseying around on Brotherhood. I poison my Target, the Captain (I didn't get a glimpse of his/her XBL name, though), and... he keeps living. So then I go and check to see what's going on, and he's running around, right as rain. Then I stab him, and he dodges. Several times. And every time I tried to kill him, he somehow made it so that it was impossible.

So is this guy using a modded xbox or something? I should have grabbed his XBL name, huh. My bad.

Also, first post on this forum. Hi. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Welcome!

Besides the classic blame the lag I honestly can't think! The poison thing is very odd :S

EscoBlades
01-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Sounds like lag. I've had a couple of games like that in the 150+ hours i've spent playing MP. Very few and far between. I usually just leave the lobby if that happens.

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, he had the little poisoned symbol above his head, but he ... wasn't dying. I have no idea.

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't know if it was lag, though. He was dodging my attacks perfectly - and the poison thing. Idek.

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Maybe he had a lag switch? Not sure haven't seen one used in AC:B yet.

jimbo11235813
01-12-2011, 07:34 AM
This happened to me before (PS3). I think it was a glitch because I found this guy, tried to kill him, and he dodged. I tried for about two minutes and he kept dodging. I went off to kill some others. I think I then found him again, and the same thing happened.

It has only happened once for me, so I think its just a glitch.

P.S. He didn't move at all. He was just standing there, probably laughing as well.

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
My Persona was actually lunging for the attack, and each time my Target would jump backwards to avoid it. This happened again and again until I finally became annoyed and just killed a random citizen to get rid of his contract.

veni445
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I think i can shed some light, the same thing happened to me today but i was the target, i was poisend and the screen went green and bright but i didn't die, no one could kill me and i couldn't kill anyone (unless i used poison but that is an ability) everytime somone went to assassinate me i dodged and when i went to stun somone they dodged. it just some random glitch i wasn't lagging or lag switching (still not even 100% sure what lag switching is) ive never cheated in online games, so i don't think it was that, but hardly being able to see sucked big time. so its not a mod just some weird glitch

papartusedmcrsk
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Go to youtube.com and search "Playtime with Rainie 05 - Damn Glitches"

This glitch happens to her for a good four minutes. Not lag or lag switchers, just an annoying glitch.

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
It's good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing it!

MidlifeHighjack
01-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Seen this one a lot. I've had others who I couldn't hit and been the one no one could hit. I normaly just use poison if I have it loaded or walk away and take out a civy. I hope they fix in the next patch.

jack3auer
01-13-2011, 05:12 AM
yeah this has happened to me, tried multiple times hitting X (in excess of 10-15 seconds) and it just doesn't effect the other character, i got stunned by him eventually. went off on another contract and killed them, later it drew me against the first guy again and it would let me kill him then either. weird

DoctorEurope
01-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Unfortunately the only explanation I can think of is, as everyone before me has said, lag. XD

This has only happened once before but I'm pretty sure if my poison had worked I would have won the match. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

amoralcompass
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
It might have been lag, it was just such a weird glitch to see. XD

I probably would have been in the first three had the poison I'd use taken, but alas!

obliviondoll
01-13-2011, 07:37 AM
With the right combination of lag and 2 events occurring simultaneously, a player can sometimes become immortal and un-stunnable, but can't kill or stun. If they're poisoned, they'll see the green screen, but won't die.

Sometimes they can use targeted abilities like poison and gun, other times they can only use ones without target - like smoke and mute.

Used to happen a lot in the beta, they managed to reduce the chances, then with one of the patches they've made it rarer still, but it hasn't yet been eliminated completely.