PDA

View Full Version : Ottoman Doctor US availability



Toki Wartoooth
09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
The Doctor is my favorite character in Brotherhood and I intended to have the Ottoman Doctor as my main character for Revelations. The only problem is there is no US edition that includes the Ottoman Doctor. The only way US assassins can get the doctor is by pre-ordering the PC version of the game. I am getting the console version. I was wondering if ANYONE had any information they could share concerning US Ottoman Doctor availability.

Biomedical-Fire
09-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:
The Doctor is my favorite character in Brotherhood and I intended to have the Ottoman Doctor as my main character for Revelations. The only problem is there is no US edition that includes the Ottoman Doctor. The only way US assassins can get the doctor is by pre-ordering the PC version of the game. I am getting the console version. I was wondering if ANYONE had any information they could share concerning US Ottoman Doctor availability. I think that the only way that North America will get the Ottoman Doctor is through an MP DLC Map Pack. I heard that people will be able to get the Crusader through using Uplay points, much like the Hellequin character for Brotherhood. Though I'd prefer to get the Ottoman Doctor through the Uplay point system.

Toki Wartoooth
09-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the Doctor will be available later in a DLC pack, much like the Harlequin, but I wish I didn't have to wait that long! The Doctor is the ONLY extra character I want; The Crusader is cool, but in my opinion, the Doctor is cooler. And lets be honest, when will I ever be able to play as the Jester. I was/am never able to play as the Harlequin because he is always taken. In Revelations, it will be no different.

Toki Wartoooth
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Plus, I think the Crusader is NOT a Uplay reward. I played the beta and while waiting for a game (when matchmaking was really slow) I read all the tips and one of them said the Knight will be a Uplay exclusive. This is probably different from the Crusader. I think you can even see a Knight in the new multiplayer trailer if you decide to play it frame by frame.

Voltige2011
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Even after he comes out for Dlc most people will have already picked him, the coolest people are always taken. My plan is to wait for about a month so that the demand can lower a bit.

SleezeRocker
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Im sure it will be DLC a month or 2 later.Also I been hearing that the Knight is avalible through UPlay (The Knight form the Da vinci add in BrO.)

Also for those that got the Otto Dr,Jester and Crusader, if you have none those characters, probably best chance to play as them before DLC hits for ACR would be team games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Stowdace
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10259960.jpg

I too wish to have the Ottoman Doctor, but just have to wait and see how available he'll become.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:
The Doctor is my favorite character in Brotherhood and I intended to have the Ottoman Doctor as my main character for Revelations. The only problem is there is no US edition that includes the Ottoman Doctor. The only way US assassins can get the doctor is by pre-ordering the PC version of the game. I am getting the console version. I was wondering if ANYONE had any information they could share concerning US Ottoman Doctor availability. I think that the only way that North America will get the Ottoman Doctor is through an MP DLC Map Pack. I heard that people will be able to get the Crusader through using Uplay points, much like the Hellequin character for Brotherhood. Though I'd prefer to get the Ottoman Doctor through the Uplay point system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet NA PC players will be able to get the Ottoman Doctor through the Digital Deluxe edition. That's the way the Digital Deluxe edition works, it releases the best edition of the game in Digital form world-wide.

TigerFox360
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
i will point out the officer character was never released as DLC.. i WANT the doc to come out.. but the officer never did.

Chronomancy
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by TigerFox360:
i will point out the officer character was never released as DLC.. i WANT the doc to come out.. but the officer never did.

Yes he did he came with the DLC 3.0.

Blind2Society
11-06-2011, 11:22 PM
It is my opinion that all in game content should be available to everyone. Store/Country specific pre-order bonuses should be physical things such as soundtracks, art, books, toys/figures even shirts and what not.

As for the Doctor, it sucks I will have to wait (if they decide to add it to a DLC pack at all) but I'll just pick Jack Sparrow instead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SleezeRocker
11-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:.

As for the Doctor, it sucks I will have to wait (if they decide to add it to a DLC pack at all) but I'll just pick Jack Sparrow instead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Yeah for us north americans (aside PC assassins) the closest to playing as Dr. before (possibly) seeing him as an addon later is to hook up with players from EU who have the Dr. already http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

indulgence82
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM
The Ottoman doctor is available on the Ubisoft store as part of their version of the game. It doesn't come with as many features as the Gamestop version though. They didn't advertise it on the main page originally you had to look on either the details of the game or the image to see that its included. Now it's spelled out exactly what you get now.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx)

reddragonhrcro
11-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Also anyone remembers the unplayable character in the beta?Hm whats his name?

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by indulgence82:
The Ottoman doctor is available on the Ubisoft store as part of their version of the game. It doesn't come with as many features as the Gamestop version though. They didn't advertise it on the main page originally you had to look on either the details of the game or the image to see that its included. Now it's spelled out exactly what you get now.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx)

Pretty sure the OP wants it for console, not the PC.

travilanche
11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I didn't know that the doctor wouldn't be available in the US. What a load. Why do game companies pull crap like this. He's the coolest looking character and I was really looking forward to playing as him. I call shenannigans!

SleezeRocker
11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by reddragonhrcro:
Also anyone remembers the unplayable character in the beta?Hm whats his name?

I think you mean The Count.


Yeah sucks in US we don't get the Dr soon but..oh well I can wait, in meantime have to make the most of my Jester and Knight bonus charcaters.

Im hoping for the Knight he has some cool customizations or i may not play as him much

Toki Wartoooth
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I have come to accept the fact that I will not be able to play as the Doctor until he is released as DLC. I wanted to play as him so bad I did some research to see if I could trade codes with a friend in the UK. As far as I'm concerned, UK(PAL) DLC will not work on our NTSC consoles. But I could be wrong. Anyway, I am still THRILLED the game comes out in less than a week and I hope to see the Doctor available to me and everyone very soon.

BlessedDoctor
11-18-2011, 04:43 AM
The Ottoman Doctor is available in all FutureShop in Canada. i don't know if it's the same thing in US just need a check

lagrue
11-18-2011, 07:19 AM
@TigerFox360, you're wrong, the officer DID come with the DLC, I know because I got it AND the Harlequin... maybe it depends on your system (I have ps3) but I most certainly got both.

And I got so lucky, ya'll... I preordered sig. edition and obs got my jester... but I also won an online contest and got the crusader, which I thought I'd never see in my life http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That being said the net on my list is obvs the only one I'm missing, the doctor.

I think Ubi will probably give them away in DLC, but not for a good 8 months or so, we're already getting new MP characters in like 2 weeks...