PDA

View Full Version : How old were you when you got your first stitches?

Aj6627
01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I just got mine today, right before I turn 20, so how 'bout the rest of you?

tmgbhot
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm 21 and I've never had stitches

WhiteKnight77
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I got my first stitches when I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled several months before I went into the Marines back in 80. I was 19.

cooldude6681
01-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I was 6 months old when I had my first stitches.

quillan
01-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Between 1 and 2 years old. I managed to get a finger caught in the gears of the winch on my dad's boat trailer; it cut the tip of my index finger off. They reattached it. I have feeling in that finger. There are some noticable scars, and that nail grows slower than the others but it grows. Not bad for 1967 medicine, wouldn't you say?

WhiteKnight77
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by quillan:
Between 1 and 2 years old. I managed to get a finger caught in the gears of the winch on my dad's boat trailer; it cut the tip of my index finger off. They reattached it. I have feeling in that finger. There are some noticable scars, and that nail grows slower than the others but it grows. Not bad for 1967 medicine, wouldn't you say?

You just gave your age away. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

CoastalGirl
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I was four. I got pushed off a wooden platform thingie at the park, and cut the back of my ear. The better part of the story is when they tried to stitch it up, I totally nailed the doctor as he came at me with the needle and he almost fell on his ***. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

insanity76
01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
3 yrs old, about 7 or 8 stitches just above my eye. I got smacked with a screen door .. I ran up to it right as someone was opening it from the inside.

ERN456
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't been stitched yet hopefully I won't be stitched.

Double_Agent121
01-10-2009, 02:20 AM
I was 4 years old. I was bitten by my grandparent's dog right on the face and top of the head. Still have the scars to prove it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

ox Se7eN xo
01-10-2009, 08:50 AM
there isn't an option for never

i'm 25 and never had to have stitches

Jason-Bourne223
01-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I was either four or five the first time. I think it was about a year later that I got them a second time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

WhiteKnight77
01-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by S7N:

Never say never. I wasn't the accident prone one in my family, my brother was. That changed when I was 16 when I cut the tip of my thumb off with a table saw, in shop class in the 10th grade, a week before school was out. No stitches then, but a freaked out shop teacher.

Double_Agent121
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S7N:

Never say never. I wasn't the accident prone one in my family, my brother was. That changed when I was 16 when I cut the tip of my thumb off with a table saw, in shop class in the 10th grade, a week before school was out. No stitches then, but a freaked out shop teacher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you have to have more than one event like that to say accident prone? That I'd just call a mistake or accident but it doesn't make you accident prone.

halo_99
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I was just a wee lad. Let's just say the doctor got a pretty good tip. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

WhiteKnight77
01-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Double_Agent121:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S7N:

Never say never. I wasn't the accident prone one in my family, my brother was. That changed when I was 16 when I cut the tip of my thumb off with a table saw, in shop class in the 10th grade, a week before school was out. No stitches then, but a freaked out shop teacher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you have to have more than one event like that to say accident prone? That I'd just call a mistake or accident but it doesn't make you accident prone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since then, I have had a broken wrist, crushed finger tips (that had to be amputated), and most recently, at least one fractured rib (and I have no idea how that happened).

JohnsHomegirl
01-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I was about 11 when I first got stitches.

Double_Agent121
01-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Double_Agent121:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:

Don't you have to have more than one event like that to say accident prone? That I'd just call a mistake or accident but it doesn't make you accident prone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since then, I have had a broken wrist, crushed finger tips (that had to be amputated), and most recently, at least one fractured rib (and I have no idea how that happened). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH! I take back my previous comment.

WhiteKnight77
01-12-2009, 11:01 AM
1/2" of one and 3/4" of the other.

WhiteKnight77
01-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Conveyor chain at a car wash caught the tips and crushed them. I can say for a fact that we guys are stupid. We tend to do stupid stuff during the course of our lives.

The good thing is my fingers are still usable. The fact I am missing the fingernail on one of my fingers is a plus, it doesn't scratch.

pinkcar36
01-14-2009, 03:36 AM
i was 9 when i broke my back. i was running after a friend ( group of us playing duck duck goose ). when i slipped and fell ( with out bending my knees ). got stitches that go from my right shoulder blade to around my right breast,my right hip ( still part of the back surgery ) and on my left wrist where the IV was... had a cast that went from my neck to my hip on for a long time.

WhiteKnight77
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah PK, I have seen vids of it. I remember seeing Joe Theismann getting his leg broke while playing against the Giants. That was awful to see.

RoaringMad Mac
01-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, let's see. I was about 4 bitten by a dog but the real question is how many times since then have I had stitches.

Being a former Police officer and playing college football and outdoorsman. Take a wild guess. LOL.