PDA

View Full Version : breaking my 2 day lurker streak with TONS of questions

PryingTuna85649
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone! I stumbled on these forums after frantically trying to figure out what was going on during the multiplayer/Project Legacy blackout earlier this week. Since then, I've been hooked! The tips on here are great, but I do have some questions I'm hoping can be answered. And I'm sorry if some of these may sound stupid...I've only playing ACB since Christmas (it was an Xmas gift) and I've only played Xbox360 since November 2010 (so while I've played around on other people's gaming systems throughout the years, I haven't consistently gamed until the past few months).

The first question is what exactly is the difference between ranked and player matches? At first I thought ranked matches meant you would be matched up with people close to your own rank, but I guess that's what Player matches are? And it looks like only ranked matches count toward the Templar Score? But the scores on Player matches are still recorded for your top scores?

Another thing I was wondering is when blended into a group of the same NPCs, obviously it makes more sense to be in the middle (I'm applying rules of "real life" self defense), but sometimes I just end up in the back. Last night while playing, I saw my pursuer fast walking toward my group, but he wasn't entirely sure who I was. I through my smoke bomb just a bit too early and he got me. I didn't see him use Templar Vision, which made me wonder. Do people typically just go for the last person in a group of the same NPCs, or would they think about the fact that the real one would probably be in the center and go that way instead? Has there been any pattern with this?

I was also trying to figure out a technique for these two things. Sometimes my target will be nearby and I'll step out of my group to kill them, but in the animation of killing them, I'll see my pursuer but won't be able to stun or drop a smoke bomb on them. Have they just pressed the assassinate button before I can get anything else off? Part of this is needing to pay attention more and knowing my pursuer is near but just wanting to kill because the quality is too good to pass up (ie, my own lack of skill/experience), but I wanted some ideas in case there were any. Another thing similar is throwing a smoke bomb with 2 pursuers in it. Last night I threw one, but was only aware of one pursuer (so this was a situation that was really my fault). If aware of bother pursuers and they are that close, is it possible to get off two stuns? I imagine a lot of that is chance based on where exactly they are and how long they've watched, but what are some ideas/techniques to help with this (besides the VERY clear fact that I need to better pay attention, lol)?

And lastly (phew!), I had this happen 2-3 times to me last night. A pursuer walks up to me and throws Firecrackers. The minute my screen started changing brightness, I starting hitting the stun button and got them off every time (I think I may have gotten two off in one of them). Has that happened for you all? It seems like pulling something like that off is just up to chance (since you can't see where the pursuer is regarding where you are facing), but it worked well for me. Granted this happened, I was in a stationary morphed group and positioned myself against a wall so I didn't have to watch my back as much, but still. I was excited. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lastly, how long has it taken you guys to get to level 50? I almost quit from being so mad at sucking so much (even though I had read a few tips), but then I found this forum. I was at level 18, had only won 1 match out of 45 matches/8 hours played, and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to play. As soon as I ran into this forum, that took a complete 180. I don't have much time to play (I only have time play to play at night...but I will play 2-3 hours almost every night, lol) and haven't played long, like I said. But last night following the tips I read on here, I jumped up 2 more levels, won two matches (may not sound like much for most of you, but that was exciting for me), and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I also started getting "Variety" in every game, as well as got 5-6 stuns per match.

I can remember a few specific things I can attribute this to (there are definitely more, but I just wanted to point out these few things because I can remember them). There's one person on this forum that has responded a few times about the game is ultimately supposed to be about fun. That really helped, as well as a video by someone else who stayed alive the entire session...he included this Antonio Banderas "f***s***" interlude whenever he got mad about something. Made me laugh and realize there are just going to be frustrating moments for everyone. And lastly, there was a video of someone boosting the "Extreme Variety" achievement. While I don't want to boost that and don't really like the idea of boosting it, the video gave me a visual of what the different achievements look like and what positions I need to be in in order to do it. That helped a lot in visually being able to know how to do certain moves.

Anyway, I know this is a long post, but hopefully you all will read it! You guys are awesome! The forum is priceless...and I'm hooked! Thanks, guys!

NSboxerboy
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Lets see since I can't figure out how to quote it I will just try to number it, I apologize if I miss anything in advance.

1) There isn't a whole lot of difference between the two that I can tell. In player matches it doesn't show up your Templar Score as I beleive that only effects ranked. In either mode the players that you play against are usually at random it seems and not matched according to skill.

2) For me I don't necessarily go after the person in the back, and I get killed a lot when i'm not in the back as well. The biggest thing imo is just NOT killing the person in the front since it's harder to stay blended when leading the group.

3) Yes, with long lasting smoke bomb it is possible to stun both pursuers with it. However timing is scarce and it requires luck that they are both pretty close to you.

4)I end up stunning or killing people that use firecrackers quite often. I'm not excactly sure why but it probley has to do with remembering the general direction the person was that threw it and still being able to see a little bit.

5) Level 50 is a journey I don't know excactly how long it took me but it HIGHLY depends on skill and which modes you play. For me Alliance got me the most points, but it seems in general it's Manhunt or even CC. 50 is no big deal really, once I got Mute I was happy and just wanted to work on upgrading the abilities I had not so much leveling. The only cool thing about level 50 is the gear and colors you unlock.

Hope I helped a little bit, i'm not the best player in the world but not the worst either.

PS: You said lastly twice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cptn_k
02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
@ pryingtuna
Welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I think boxerboy has answered well

@ boxerboy
To quote, there is an icon at the bottom right of each post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

NSboxerboy
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by cptn_k:
@ pryingtuna
Welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I think boxerboy has answered well

@ boxerboy
To quote, there is an icon at the bottom right of each post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Thank you very much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Daveskie
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
If you want to get 2 stuns off then you really you want smoke and mute. Also better if both are long lasting. Lock closest pursuer then smoke, stunt. Imidiatly target second, mute and run at him to get the stun. Sometimes you can get 2 stuns without the mute if you have long lasting smoke but you have to be quick. I had 3 stuns before but the first stun was naked so then I used smoke and mute for the second 2. Really nice when it comes off.

arkadye
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
1) There isn't a whole lot of difference between [ranked and player] that I can tell. In player matches it doesn't show up your Templar Score as I beleive that only effects ranked. In either mode the players that you play against are usually at random it seems and not matched according to skill.

I find the standard of play to be higher in ranked. Also, when I play ranked I seem to play almost exclusively players the same rank as me (Master) or within one rank. Given that is estimated <10% of the playing population I think they must match players by skill.

NSboxerboy
02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by arkadye:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1) There isn't a whole lot of difference between [ranked and player] that I can tell. In player matches it doesn't show up your Templar Score as I beleive that only effects ranked. In either mode the players that you play against are usually at random it seems and not matched according to skill.

I find the standard of play to be higher in ranked. Also, when I play ranked I seem to play almost exclusively players the same rank as me (Master) or within one rank. Given that is estimated <10% of the playing population I think they must match players by skill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow really? I'm Grand Master and sometimes I even play against people with no rank at all. Seems very random for me.

m4tt3198
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Welcome!

Regarding morphed groups, a pursuer can semi-ID their target by using an obstacle and watching the radar (it lights up when your target enters your line-of-sight) as the members of the morph group enter their field of vision. I say semi-ID because often more than one character comes into your line-of-sight at (or very close to) the same time. Squidish demonstrates the technique on a stationary group in one of his vid's. Also, someone put together a nice drawing showing how it works, but I can't find that thread right now. Using this technique a pursuer can usually narrow down their choices and sometimes ID the real target.

PryingTuna85649
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by NSboxerboy:

PS: You said lastly twice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Adverbs are my bane. That and rambling (obviously) when I'm trying to think of the best/most succinct way of saying something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But thanks for all the advice! It definitely helped! With Ranked vs. Player matches, it always seemed like I was playing against people who were ranked MUCH higher, had a lot more experience/skill than me, and had unlocked more abilities (not that that makes you a better player, but it can sometimes be an edge). And this was while I wasn't even at level 10 (I'm also talking about Wanted, which is pretty much all I've played so far). I looked at my Templar Score a few days ago and it says I'm at "Master," which I'm not sure what that means in terms of playing skill, but I certainly don't feel that good (1 win in 8 hours of playing hardly qualifies me as a Master...). And it seems like I've done a LOT better since playing Player matches, but that could be from the advice and not obsessing about "Rank."

And with the Leveling question, I'm already expecting it to take a while. Which is actually cool, because it keeps me playing (even though I have a number of other games I've barely started). I'm actually just curious to see how people who have been gaming longer than me have done with it. More just curiosity than anything else. I do know that this multiplayer is going a LOT better for me than Halo: Reach multiplayer, and I've played Halo a lot longer/more. AC multiplayer is amazing...as is ACB. Can't wait to play AC 1&2 to catch up.

PryingTuna85649
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by m4tt3198:
Welcome!

Regarding morphed groups, a pursuer can semi-ID their target by using an obstacle and watching the radar (it lights up when your target enters your line-of-sight) as the members of the morph group enter their field of vision. I say semi-ID because often more than one character comes into your line-of-sight at (or very close to) the same time. Squidish demonstrates the technique on a stationary group in one of his vid's. Also, someone put together a nice drawing showing how it works, but I can't find that thread right now. Using this technique a pursuer can usually narrow down their choices and sometimes ID the real target.

Thanks for the welcome! And thanks to everyone who responded! I read that post and saw the chart. Thought that was a really smart way of figuring it out! The person who got me last night may have done that...I actually didn't think about it and didn't see him outside of him tailing my group. I was wondering more in general...had my Pursuer not been sneaky smart with a tactic like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But I'm glad you reminded me of that...it gives me something else to watch for!

Another question, now that I'm thinking about it. If your Target is on the other side of the map and you are in a moving group that isn't getting closer to your Target at all, but you either hear the voices or are concerned about leaving the group due to your Pursuer (either you're still on cool down or don't want to leave a morphed group), what would you do? I've read a lot on here about just staying in the group (especially if you're in the lead), and that seemed to really work, but I only seem to get about 4 kills per session that way. But I have also gotten about 6+ stuns per session. And my 4 kills have been Incognito every time. It's definitely taught me to play smarter, stealthier, and getting quality points, which is FANTASTIC. I guess I'm wondering what I can do to keep the quality but increase my quantity a little (if there is a way). Not trying to be greedy, because what I've learned on here has REALLY REALLY helped and is working beautifully. I'm just curious if there is anything I can do, because I also know I don't end up first all the time still (which may just be needing to improve my quality more and still not worry about quantity).

Thanks again everyone!

tallinn1960
02-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome!

It did happen to me and it may happen to everyone else: sometimes while you are in a moving crowd the computer will make you run to catch up with the group. If that happens, a lock indicator above your head may appear on the screen of any pursuer seeing you like it does when you enter high profile on your own. Since I've seen that I always assume I am busted if my character run in a crowd.

Serrachio
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
What I would advise is that to keep up with moving blend groups, you should use fast walk a little to keep up with them. Only a little at a time though, else you'll stick out.

After you've managed to give your pursuer/s some early dental work or a free hearing test, you should run but not sprint in the direction of your target, making sure to keep yourself out of the line of sight so it doesn't revert to silent, before calmly making your way to your target.

I'd study how NPC groups move around certain hiding spots etc. because it would help you know if you'd be about to make your way to a target only a player would do. And never fast walk or walk directly at your target, it's a give-away.

Silent kills aren't that bad though. It might be a shame to have 100 points shaven off, but at least it's better than being obsessed with Incognito and throwing all stealth away if it's broken.

STYJ
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
here's my 2 cents

1) I'm not sure about how ranked and player match work . i only know that player match allows you to play with your friends . lol . but i'll give you a better answer for the rest .

2) Here's what you should have done (base on how i play). If he hasn't figured out who you are yet , when you think he's close enough (a little bigger than a smoke bomb's range), run back and go for a naked stun . Surprise usually helps you to achieve naked stuns more easily . And if you missed your smoke bomb , don't just stand there so he realised you missed your smoke bomb , just run straight at him for a naked stun . But yeah , the answer to your question , usually when you walk in groups , you tend to fall behind so occasionally, you have to manually control / fast walk to get yourself up again . no the middle isn't the best position . if a good player has you as a target , he'll walk through the group , all NPCs will avoid colliding into him . if you were thinking for a stun , think again . Personally , i always stand on one corner . so i can stun him from the side rather than head on and i don't have to walk into him . if you're not confident then drop that smoke bomb .

3) surviving is always better than a kill IMO . Stun your pursuer and go for the kill . And for the case of you not being able to drop your smoke bomb / mute , it doesn't matter . lag takes time to work . even if you're able to drop it , as long as your pursuer is already there , he'll kill you . of course if your pursuer is far enough and you got a fast kill animation , then you'll be safe . happened to me yesterday . Notice that when you want to kill your target in the middle of his kill animation , you just kill him immediately rather than waiting for his kill animation to finish ? same thing applies here .

getting off 2 stuns in 1 smoke bomb is doable . it really depends on the 2nd pursuer if he's spamming the kill button or not and whether you stunned the first immediately because any time wasted would cause the 2nd pursuer to regain his posture again. well this is made even easier if you had long lasting smoke bomb .

3) your pursuer didn't use firecrackers effectively . it's that simple . if he had targeted you when you just stood there , as he walks in spamming the kill button , you wouldn't be able to stun him . If i was in your shoe, because I'm constantly on a look out , I usually know who threw the firecrackers but for cases which i don't , i just

1) walk around hoping for a stun ,
2) drop a smoke bomb and hope for a stun
3) run and hope i don't bang into anything .

took me quite a while to hit lv 50 . but level doesn't really matter if you ask me . If you're getting 5 / 6 stuns per match , you're pretty good if you ask me . You just need to get more kills at the same time . Yes , slow acting poison can be really frustrating when it suddenly gives someone 1400 points because of 2x but that's really the only thing that makes a difference and you don't need to be high level to get it . you unlock it through a challenge .

m4tt3198
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I find that if you lock on to the lead NPC of the group and let go of the left stick, after an initial quick walk/run your character does a much better job of acting like an NPC. Just don't forget to unlock when you need to focus elsewhere.

PryingTuna, reg your new question, in that situation your pursuer is probably somewhere between you and your target so you'll likely have to face them at some point along the way. If you're in first, I'd say stay put and let everyone come to you. If you're behind you can either; look for another group heading in that direction, or head out alone. There probably isn't a right or wrong choice as you don't know what's going to happen between here and there. Your pursuer could get killed before getting to you, you could regain one or both of your abilities before they get to you, or, they could aerial you as soon as you step out. If you want more kills, you likely have to get a little more aggressive. Of course, that opens you up to be killed more often, but that's what makes this game so addictive.

PryingTuna85649
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by STYJ:
here's my 2 cents

It was worth a lot more than 2 cents to me! Thanks for the tips...definitely going to use them tonight!

If you're getting 5 / 6 stuns per match , you're pretty good if you ask me . You just need to get more kills at the same time . Yes , slow acting poison can be really frustrating when it suddenly gives someone 1400 points because of 2x but that's really the only thing that makes a difference and you don't need to be high level to get it . you unlock it through a challenge .

Well, I'm definitely getting a little better after reading on this forum. I'm not the best with stuns, and initially it was from not being able to tell the difference between NPCs and my Pursuer. I didn't know this was the problem, but after reading several of the threads on here, I realized that was my problem and (obviously) had the tools to work on fixing the problem. I know a lot of the questions I've asked about is a bit of a time/experience thing, but having some tips from this forum and watching the videos that have been posted really helps! And I know I've read a lot of different remarks about how 3-4 good kills are worth more than racking up the number of kills. I agree with that based on how last night went, but sometimes 3-4 kills isn't enough and I've seen videos with other people getting more quality kills. And my quality kills don't add up to 6000 point final scores yet either, even though I was getting a lot more final scores in the 3500 range.

I've actually only had someone poison me once...and it turned out to be a cool view. The match was ending and a few seconds before the end, I see a "you were poisoned" flicker on my screen, which was fading out only to see the Barber staring at me from the pitch black shadows as I was falling over. Then the game ended. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif While I'm sure I'll get more frustrated with it after it's used on me more, that was a really cool and memorable scene. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And hopefully the poison will make me use my throwing knives more. Right now I've far from perfected their use...and don't even have them on my profiles. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

PryingTuna85649
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I find that if you lock on to the lead NPC of the group and let go of the left stick, after an initial quick walk/run your character does a much better job of acting like an NPC. Just don't forget to unlock when you need to focus elsewhere.

This is awesome! I'm totally going to try this tonight.

STYJ
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
And my quality kills don't add up to 6000 point final scores yet either, even though I was getting a lot more final scores in the 3500 range.

which is pretty good already if you ask me . I don't always score in the 6000 round . Occasionally when everything comes my way but for every match, I try to keep my score above 3500 . Sometimes it just lags so badly you can go without contract for at least half the game . those games would then be exceptions .

don't worry about using throwing knifes . I've yet to use them alot either . I find that when someone gets hit by a throwing knife , they start to rotate their camera like hell trying to spot their pursuer . and probably smash the stun button at the same time . for some , they just throw a smoke bomb and wait . either cases, you won't be able to get near w/o getting stunned because you're poisoning, not assassinating.

Sometimes its better without using the throwing knife . try using the throwing knife for some other thing rather than slow your pursuer down for a poison . I would never sacrifice an ability for an ability that helps another ability accomplish what it should do without the help of that other ability . get what i mean ? So i wouldn't sacrifice my smoke bomb for throwing knifes because it's hard to reach close enough for a poison . with time , you get experience and you'll learn how to get really close to your enemy .

Other abilities i've yet to test fully are firecrackers, decoy and morph . Didn't even bother trying sprint boost or hidden gun . but don't let my opinion of them stop you from trying it .

@the locking on your lead NPC, you don't have to do that . You simply need to blend into a group and let your left stick go . It controls your character like an NPC for you . Then all you have to do is focus on turning your camera around if you hear whispers or looking out for contracts .

Phyxsius-
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Everything was answered nice so I will comment only on one thing:

And lastly (phew!), I had this happen 2-3 times to me last night. A pursuer walks up to me and throws Firecrackers. The minute my screen started changing brightness, I starting hitting the stun button and got them off every time (I think I may have gotten two off in one of them). Has that happened for you all? It seems like pulling something like that off is just up to chance (since you can't see where the pursuer is regarding where you are facing), but it worked well for me. Granted this happened, I was in a stationary morphed group and positioned myself against a wall so I didn't have to watch my back as much, but still. I was excited. Smile

Firecrackers have a 6 meter range. Which grants the following:

1. No smoke bomb risk
2. No Stun risk

Now, you can pull off an amazing number of stuns against firecracker users, because they are using the ability wrong - by wrong I understand within 2-4 meters. So, while they are trying to lock or get the assassinate icon from a group, they get stunned.

IF it is used right, it is impossible to stun, because you would just be walking / running out in the open, asking for it.

TLDR: Depends on the user. As time will pass, those types of stuns will be getting harder and harder. Use at your own risk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PryingTuna85649
02-05-2011, 09:25 AM

which is pretty good already if you ask me . I don't always score in the 6000 round . Occasionally when everything comes my way but for every match, I try to keep my score above 3500 . Sometimes it just lags so badly you can go without contract for at least half the game . those games would then be exceptions .

Yeah, I guess I spoke too soon. Last night didn't go anywhere near as well as 2 nights ago. I ended up in lobbies as the lowest rank (with most of the other players being 10 ranks ahead of me), and these were also pretty good players. I did win another match, though (woohoo, 4 so far! lol), and got 2nd on another...as well as went up 2 more ranks (I'm at 25 now...yay, I can choose the Thief so I don't have to see her ugly mug coming after me anymore). Lag hit me, though. I tried to stun would throw a smoke bomb, walk up to my Pursuer, hit stun, and my character would start but not finish. After my Pursuer stopped coughing, they'd kill me being I would just be standing there like a sitting duck. And it took an hour just to get the 4500 points needed between lag and the server being crappy (probably from my lag). But oh well.

don't worry about using throwing knifes . I've yet to use them alot either . I find that when someone gets hit by a throwing knife , they start to rotate their camera like hell trying to spot their pursuer .

I find a lot of the abilities I end up not even trying out. Smoke bomb and Morph so far seem the best combo for me, though I'm trying to find some other ones that work for me just for other options. I was so excited about getting Decoy last night, but SUCKED at it on my first go. I set off a Decoy too early, couldn't lock on another NPC to let them run, got killed a few times in the process...got it to work once, but then I got frustrated from dying and wanted to try to win. I think that will be one that I might like eventually, but right now it's just rough. I found myself not in groups doing the camera rotation not walking in a straight line thing. It was definitely not my night.

with time , you get experience and you'll learn how to get really close to your enemy .

Yeah, I have to get the poison first. *crosses eyes* but I'll get there soon, I'm sure.

@the locking on your lead NPC, you don't have to do that . You simply need to blend into a group and let your left stick go . It controls your character like an NPC for you . Then all you have to do is focus on turning your camera around if you hear whispers or looking out for contracts .

Yeah, I know. I think this is just a further blending trick. I tried it, but it didn't work too well for me. A lot of that is because I have a hard time locking on people in general. I tried locking on my enemy last night...they were right in front of me and I knew EXACTLY who they were, but an NPC got in the way (and probably also the lag) and before I knew it, my Target was watching me kill a completely different NPC character. *groans* Oh well though.

PryingTuna85649
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
As time will pass, those types of stuns will be getting harder and harder. Use at your own risk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I figured I'd eventually run into someone who really knows how to use them. For some people, some abilities work better than others. I don't use Firecrackers because they didn't feel natural to me. I do need to work on using a few other abilities, though, just to vary it up. For myself and to keep others from figuring me out too easily.

STYJ
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Lag can be very frustrating at times . There was once i went 7 minutes contract-less . But in the last 3 minutes , I managed to get 4k points securing 2nd place for me . This only happened once lol . Usually if i go contract-less, i know i'm gna not be in the top 3 because the average time i go contract-less in these kinds of room are at least 5 minutes . Lol . But of course , there are some exceptions .

Oh i tried using decoy + disguise yesterday . Hilarious . xD I'm relying on disguise to protect me because I'm pretty good at surprising someone i.e. naked stuns . do you have blender ? gives you more opportunity for decoy as well .

Well here's a few things you should know about decoy . On offence, decoy runs towards you . On defence, decoy runs towards your pursuer . So if you see a morph group of captains , decoy the lead NPC . he'll run back at you pushing everyone in the group out of the way . You'll see one who stands there like an idiot for at least 1 second before going back into position , thats your target .

Same thing works for if he's in a static group or there's 2 of them . Decoy one of them . if he doesn't run , that's your target . If he does , the other one is .

I wouldn't recommend using disguise over smoke bomb but practice with disguise (which is what I'm doing but without much luck), once you're better, the 200 hidden bonus from disguise can really help a lot . But yeah , Smoke bomb + Decoy then try Smoke bomb + disguise (focus on using disguise instead of smoke bomb, SB if you need something that you know you can rely on when you fall back) and then go for disguise and decoy . The hidden bonus from disguise is only 100 points lesser than poison and you don't need to go so near risking a stun and it recharges way faster . so yeah , i see it as a viable substitute to poison (poison is really ****ing me off lol).

Personally, I never lock at people that frequently . Because if he's running at you through a crowd, usually the system will target him for you because he's on "high profile" like when he's running across the street, just target and it'd automatically target him . The only time when i lock is when he's up on the roof and doesn't want to come down . I'll be below him walking back and forth lol . Or if i want to poison . Other than that , i never lock .

Just wondering, do you play the xbox or PS3 ?

Cause I could play with you on the PS3 if you like . Don't have a xbox .

PSN : pkltan .

PryingTuna85649
02-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Lag can be very frustrating at times . There was once i went 7 minutes contract-less . But in the last 3 minutes , I managed to get 4k points securing 2nd place for me . This only happened once lol . Usually if i go contract-less, i know i'm gna not be in the top 3 because the average time i go contract-less in these kinds of room are at least 5 minutes . Lol . But of course , there are some exceptions .

Yeah, I lagged AGAIN tonight. Wasn't as bad as last night, but still. It screwed up a few kills, but I think I also got off some kills/stuns because of it.

Oh i tried using decoy + disguise yesterday . Hilarious . xD I'm relying on disguise to protect me because I'm pretty good at surprising someone i.e. naked stuns . do you have blender ? gives you more opportunity for decoy as well .

I'll have Blender VERY soon (just got to Level 29 tonight!). I actually put Decoy and Disguise together at first. I thought it actually sounded really smart, because if you're Pursuer is near (and they aren't using "Edward Vision," as goonie08 put it nicely), it can REALLY trick them. That's one thing I'm going to try again as soon as I do get Blender, because finding a group with an NPC like mine already in it has proven VERY difficult for me.

he'll run back at you pushing everyone in the group out of the way . You'll see one who stands there like an idiot for at least 1 second before going back into position , thats your target .

Yeah, that explains a lot. I've had that used on me offensively. I had no idea that's what it was, either. *groans* I'm glad I know what I'm looking for now, though!

Same thing works for if he's in a static group or there's 2 of them . Decoy one of them . if he doesn't run , that's your target . If he does , the other one is .

And this explains how the Courtesan got me tonight. Decoy/Disguise/Blender is starting to sound better and better. Need to get that Long Lasting Disguise, though.

the 200 hidden bonus from disguise can really help a lot .

Can't you get the Hidden bonus from just staying in a Morphed group? I know I've gotten that before...and I'm pretty sure it was during Morph...

The hidden bonus from disguise is only 100 points lesser than poison and you don't need to go so near risking a stun and it recharges way faster . so yeah , i see it as a viable substitute to poison (poison is really ****ing me off lol).

I just got Poison tonight...and pulled it off twice (not stealthily, though...I kinda got lucky) in one round. I posted a new discussion on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The 1100 point kill I got after being stunned by my poisoned target made me REALLY happy.

Just wondering, do you play the xbox or PS3 ?

Bummer, I have Xbox! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I got it specifically to be able to play Halo...otherwise I would have gone with PS3 (I was so much more pro-PS2 when PS2 and the original Xbox came out). I like Xbox360 and don't regret it, though. Kinect is a LOT of fun, which I wouldn't have got the same experience with PS3 (the Move has Wii-like controllers, but Kinect is completely free...felt like Sam Worthington at the end of Terminator: Salvation when they infiltrated SkyNet when I first used it, lol).

STYJ
02-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Congrats on the 29 (:

it is really satisfying to trick your pursuers esp. those that are really hard to trick i.e. pros .

Yeah you can get hidden from staying in a morphed group but with disguise , you don't need a morphed group . I'm not sure how this works yet . i'll have to do some testing but I think as long as you're near your target in disguise for maybe 1 second , you get your hidden bonus . unlike the usual 3 seconds . I'm not sure about the numbers . Gotta check on it .

Pity . I may eventually get an xbox but thats like in the future . I don't even know if i'll be playing AC:B by then . Kinect looks gimmicky . And I don't have a huge space in my living room like those required by kinect .

edit: someone help me clarify disguise please .