PDA

View Full Version : Question on installing mods to sh3

jkdeibel
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Is there a trick for the Nav Map Tools v1.1 mod. I am not seeing a protractor on the map display. Do you have to be at 100 percent realism? I installed it into the MouseCurs directory.
Also, when I went to try and install the 360 degree bearing plotter mod, it says there are 4 folders and 3 different vesions of the bearing tool. There are only 32 .tga files , the instruction.txt file and one screenshot.jpg file in the zip file. Where do I copy them to?

quillan
04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
With the nav tools 1.1 mod, the protractor in the mod replaces the ruler icon with a 360 degree protractor as the cursor. The new protractor tool in the 1.2 patch is still in the game, but without fixing it, the icon on the map will be the arrow instead of the protractor icon. I figured out the fix, and posted it in the Community Creatives forum. Look for a thread titled "Jiims nav tools 1.1 and the 1.2 patch". The search function doesn't work, so you'll have to find it manually.

With the bearing finder mod, one folder is titled "Original Default". Those are copies of the base, unmodified files, in case you need to revert back. The other three are three different versions of the mod. You can choose a light, dark, or full black version. Just pick which version you want, and copy the files from that folder only into the appropriate folders in the Submarine directory.