PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit/Window damage

Chewbacca006
10-30-2004, 05:31 PM
So far, I have never seen the windows or cockpit gauges get damaged in the new planes. Can the windows get bullet holes and the cockpit get damaged in the patch?

TX-WarHawk
10-30-2004, 05:33 PM
They get, be sure. I think all planes have bullet holes and damaged gauges moddeled in their respective cockpits.

Chewbacca006
10-30-2004, 05:46 PM
If someone disagrees with me, and claims the windows and cockpit can receive damage with the new planes, post a picture for me to see

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-31-2004, 02:30 AM
I didn't see this thread till after I flew most of the nite, hence I didn't get any screenshots. The cockpits receive damage. I couldn't see out of my windshield a couple of times. And once on takeoff I got strafed and oil squirted all over the windscreen.

Luftkillier
10-31-2004, 06:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chewbacca006:
If someone disagrees with me, and claims the windows and cockpit can receive damage with the new planes, post a picture for me to see <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The inside damage model is there just like in all of Oleg's products, you just may have been lucky. No need to show you something you would see anyway if you played the game a bit more and panic posted a bit less. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

VW-IceFire
10-31-2004, 07:06 AM
The bullets or fragments actually have to hit the cockpit area (or the engine) to cause damage to that area. Otherwise, you can have a severed wing and still have a perfect cockpit...as it should be.

actionhank1786
10-31-2004, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The bullets or fragments actually have to hit the cockpit area (or the engine) to cause damage to that area. Otherwise, you can have a severed wing and still have a perfect cockpit...as it should be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless the wing comes through the cockpit of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ruy Horta
10-31-2004, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chewbacca006:
So far, I have never seen the windows or cockpit gauges get damaged in the new planes. Can the windows get bullet holes and the cockpit get damaged in the patch? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No pics, but I am certain I had some nice ones in my US naval crates on more than one occasion.

Buzzer1
10-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Haven't seen such damage myself - but what I would like to see is ex. oil on the windshield. Was reading a book by George Barclay from the BoB - it's more like a diary where you also get some of the standard unevevntfull patrol days. But what was very common that the engine was pouring out oil - either from damage but also from mechanical malfunctions etc.
A few times it was really difficult to see out - and he got help from other wingmen to navigate and land.
So - if this was as common as it seems - I would love to see it as a feature in the Maddox lineup...

J_Weaver
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
You can get oil on the windshield. Many times I've had my engine and cockpit shot up bady and had oil all over the windshield along with gauges and my gunsight shot away.

Try getting in a 109 and fly right behind a b17.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-31-2004, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzer1:
but what I would like to see is ex. oil on the windshield... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See fourth post from the top in this thread.

Buzzer1
10-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Nice! Didnt see that.
Still waiting for my AEP to arrive so I can do a on-top-install. Have barely tried IL2FB...

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-31-2004, 02:11 PM
I found AEP at CompUSA for $19.99.

Philipscdrw
10-31-2004, 02:25 PM
The cockpit damage for some of the new planes is not present in the v3.00 PF game, due to the hurried release and the lack of space on the CDs. This is also why the Beaufighter has no cockpit lights. All the damage models for the cockpits will come with the patch.

Snootles
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Geez, this fabled patch is gonna be HUGE!

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Anyone got a squeegee?

http://members.cox.net/teambsr/grab0000.jpg

Chewbacca006
10-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Um Ruggbutt, that is a picture of a P47 Thunderbolt, thats not a new plane. Thanks Philipscdrw!