PDA

View Full Version : --->> Need help of all 109 flyers!

Kurfurst__
03-26-2004, 12:53 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=397104703

Please visit this thread in ORR (do not post here, just bump it), and contribute with your testing to the cause.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Currently all the 109s equipped with MW 50 could not last for 10 mins under WEP. This is incorrect, and needs to be changed for historical accuracy.

Historically, when using MW 50 and maximum boost, these 109s (G-6/AS, G-14, G-10, K-4) were cleared for engine operation at maximum power with MW 50 up to 10 minutes time, as according to their manual.

For years, such limit could not be utilized in the game without immidiate or immidiately threatening engine damage, usually happening after 8 mins using WEP. Soviet fighters, such as La-5 and La-7, are given this 10 min WEP, which is historical. 109s are denied of this advantage, despite being just as historical.

The current ahistorical WEP time needs to be modified.

I am asking you to do test of overheating time.

These should be done by engaging WEP and measuring the time to :

-first 'Overheat' massage.
-first sign of engine damage (reduced RPM/boost, clearly noticable decrease in speed)
-complete engine failure (prop stops)

Please note times. The built-in clock on BF 109 should be a help, with use of time acceleration.
Please note radiator position, Auto, Closed, or Open etc. Decrease in speed can be noticed if flying level for long time, as speed will stabilze.

It would be most usuful if you would note the behaviour of the two temperature gauges, as I believe this may be the root of problem. K-4 is most usuful in this matter, as there are separate temp gauges :

upper gauge is for coolant,
lower gauge is for oil temperature.

I believe the trouble is with rising oil temperature, and modifications of real planes are not carried into the game engine.

Evidence will be then posted to Oleg about effectiveness of MW cooling properties, and Aircraft Manuals in face of in-game results.

We need your help. Unfortunately I am not at home right now, I can`t test it until tomorrow or so.

With professional, through testing and constructive approach, backed up by solid evidence from primary sources, I am sure we can convince Oleg to make the long needed changes to fix this bug. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kurfurst__
03-26-2004, 12:53 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=397104703

Please visit this thread in ORR (do not post here, just bump it), and contribute with your testing to the cause.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Currently all the 109s equipped with MW 50 could not last for 10 mins under WEP. This is incorrect, and needs to be changed for historical accuracy.

Historically, when using MW 50 and maximum boost, these 109s (G-6/AS, G-14, G-10, K-4) were cleared for engine operation at maximum power with MW 50 up to 10 minutes time, as according to their manual.

For years, such limit could not be utilized in the game without immidiate or immidiately threatening engine damage, usually happening after 8 mins using WEP. Soviet fighters, such as La-5 and La-7, are given this 10 min WEP, which is historical. 109s are denied of this advantage, despite being just as historical.

The current ahistorical WEP time needs to be modified.

I am asking you to do test of overheating time.

These should be done by engaging WEP and measuring the time to :

-first 'Overheat' massage.
-first sign of engine damage (reduced RPM/boost, clearly noticable decrease in speed)
-complete engine failure (prop stops)

Please note times. The built-in clock on BF 109 should be a help, with use of time acceleration.
Please note radiator position, Auto, Closed, or Open etc. Decrease in speed can be noticed if flying level for long time, as speed will stabilze.

It would be most usuful if you would note the behaviour of the two temperature gauges, as I believe this may be the root of problem. K-4 is most usuful in this matter, as there are separate temp gauges :

upper gauge is for coolant,
lower gauge is for oil temperature.

I believe the trouble is with rising oil temperature, and modifications of real planes are not carried into the game engine.

Evidence will be then posted to Oleg about effectiveness of MW cooling properties, and Aircraft Manuals in face of in-game results.

We need your help. Unfortunately I am not at home right now, I can`t test it until tomorrow or so.

With professional, through testing and constructive approach, backed up by solid evidence from primary sources, I am sure we can convince Oleg to make the long needed changes to fix this bug. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S77th-brooks
03-26-2004, 01:19 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tvrdi
03-26-2004, 01:26 PM
ur right god damn i know it is a russian sim but its a great sim and lets make this sim immortal....

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/gnomisa-zerome2.jpg

Kurfurst__
03-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Bump http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif