PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take going back to sahpe piloting after a 3month break?

raaaid
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
i stopped playing il2 cause im a virtual pacifist so now im inot virtual racing

i even have a world record in gtr evoltion in a f3000

i tried to fight myself and i cant even keep the car in the track

in fact its so difficult now its putting me a little off the game

so how long does it take to recover shape? i want another wr

JG52Uther
09-15-2010, 09:44 AM
3 minutes.And that includes loading the game.
And thats after 6 months of not playing.

ROXunreal
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
^Indeed

Xnomad
09-16-2010, 04:06 AM
I hadn't played in maybe 4 & 1/2 years. Started playing again recently and it only took about an hour. I recently got my rudder pedals back, that took a few days to get used to again. Hadn't used rudder pedals for about 6 years.

AnaK774
09-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:

As much time as it took to achieve that first one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

raaaid
09-16-2010, 06:20 AM
i wouldnt label il2 as a trully piloting game

i see it more an strategy one

therefore you need less time to go back after a break

but racing is trully piloting skills at hand

and i realize now how bloody difficult is to get a world record with so many people with so much time

myslef i needed 450 hours

but i realize the mads skills i had before that i lost

no wonder the alien term

the thing is that to get a world record your brain have to work corrdctly

wrong

mareseille was plain crazy, hartmann had two nervous breakdowns

and myself as i had those mad skills and was fighting for a world record i had wild hallucinations, though later they woud turn out to be true which leaves me wondering

rnzoli
09-16-2010, 07:39 AM
After 1 minute of dogfight, I was shot down exactly the same way as I have been shot down 2 months before!

blkhst
09-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
i stopped playing il2 cause im a virtual pacifist so now im inot virtual racing

i even have a world record in gtr evoltion in a f3000

i tried to fight myself and i cant even keep the car in the track

in fact its so difficult now its putting me a little off the game

I'm guessin' it wouldnt take much longer than it takes to figure out what the blazes you just said...

major_setback
09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
A month ago I replaced a broken graphics card, before that I didn't have a working graphics card for a year. I didn't play much before that either - lost interest. It's been at least 2 years since I played regularly, maybe 3.

It's taking a long time to get back into it. Basic flying is no problem, but I used to pride myself on being a decent shot. Now I can't hit anything. And the joystick seems so foreign; whereas before I thought it perfectly reflected the feel of real flight. Now I think it was all in my mind.

One thing that has made flying enjoyable again - I got Force Feedback back again after the reinstall. I missed it very much when it disappeared when I changed to Vista.

I think it will take a couple of months before flying feels natural again. I want to be prepared when SoW:BoB comes out (it seems like I've got plenty of time to practice)! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

mortoma
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
If you have normal hand/eye coordination and reflexes, a few minutes to 30 minutes. If you have above average skill in those categories, maybe 30 seconds. I'm 52 years old and I can see a fly buzz in front of me and I can snatch it right out of mid-air. I actually attribute that speed to flying combat sims for so long.

Many types of video games can increase your physical coordination and speed. The ability to make split second decisions and judge the relationships between time, distance and speed are enhanced by flying a simulated aircraft in a sim much the same as they would if you flew a real life aircraft in combat. Only difference is how the G forces and motion affect you in real life, versus them not affecting you in a sim. But most of the judgment skills are the same. Believe it.