PDA

View Full Version : 3 day countdown till un-true AC fans populate the forums.

Nick1021
11-13-2010, 03:27 PM
TSIA.
Discuss.

dchil279
11-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Who are you calling untrue?

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 04:11 PM
lol ^^^

Chariflame
11-13-2010, 04:33 PM
No fan is true, everybody is permitted.

caswallawn_2k7
11-13-2010, 04:45 PM
yes because people who only turned up when the game was onto it's third version are the true fans not the people how where actually here for all 3 releases http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

xsatanicjokerx
11-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Chariflame:
No fan is true, everybody is permitted. lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
yes because people who only turned up when the game was onto it's third version are the true fans not the people how where actually here for all 3 releases http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
qft or the people who picked up the first game on release day.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Honestly I didn't become a fan until AC2. I didn't really have any interest in the franchise so I didn't plan to play either AC1 or AC2 until nearing the time for Splinter Cell Conviction to come out. I wanted Uplay points to spend on Conviction so I rented AC2 from Gamefly and absolutely loved it. It went from being a game I had no interest in playing to becoming my favorite game.

I ended up spending some of the Uplay points I earned on AC2 rewards instead of Splinter Cell rewards... like the Family Tomb and extra throwing knives.

I wasn't planning to play AC1 because I heard it didn't have any English subtitles so I wouldn't be able to understand any spoken communication in the game and I heard that AC2 was a much better game than AC1 but when I heard of Brotherhood coming out I decided I'd give AC1 a shot just cuz I needed to satisfy my AC fix. After playing thru AC1 I got AC2 back from Gamefly and played thru it again.

Despite the lack of English subtitles and the extremely repetitive gameplay I did enjoy AC1 too so the franchise has become my favorite franchise now.

So I don't think one needs to have played all the games to be a true fan. I would gladly welcome new fans who have only played Brotherhood into the... er... brotherhood if they had an interest in going back and playing the earlier games and becoming an engaged fan who is truly passionate about the franchise... that to me is the definition of a true fan regardless of which installment they were introduced to the series on.

caswallawn_2k7
11-13-2010, 05:44 PM
why would you need English sub's in AC1 to understand it? all the story voice's were in English.

The_Sphinx
11-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Pretty amusing, coming from a guy who registered 3 weeks ago.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
why would you need English sub's in AC1 to understand it? all the story voice's were in English.

Look at the first 4 letters in my screen name here for the answer to that question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lilbacchant
11-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Look at the first 4 letters in my screen name here for the answer to that question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It stinks that they never released a patch that would provide those subtitles for AC1. I can see not doing it originally as an oversight, but having not provided it ever afterwards is a substantial knock on their rep, imo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
It stinks that they never released a patch that would provide those subtitles for AC1. I can see not doing it originally as an oversight, but having not provided it ever afterwards is a substantial knock on their rep, imo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Yeah true. Sure would have been nice. It sucks playing a game when you don't get what is happening. I had to read Assassin's Creed Wiki to catch up on the story. But at least Ubisoft is now putting them in every game they release.

Even with main story subtitles I'm still left out with a lot of things like soundtrack music, and random characters speaking to your character like for example the guards in Splinter Cell Conviction are constantly shouting out things but those things aren't subtitled... only cutscenes and communication with main characters.

DarkicoN14
11-13-2010, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

Look at the first 4 letters in my screen name here for the answer to that question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little off topic but.. if you dont mind me asking, why are you deaf?

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Adnocana:
What do you mean?

lilbacchant
11-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adnocana:
What do you mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The OP's profile was registered on Oct.21. Hence, he's saying the OP is the pot calling the kettle black.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

Genetics. I carry recessive genes for deafness inherited from both of my parents. So I'm the only one in my family who is deaf because it's not a dominant gene. Recessive genes are like genetic roulette... mostly they miss but every couple generations someone gets hit.

DarkicoN14
11-13-2010, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

Genetics. I carry recessive genes for deafness inherited from both of my parents. So I'm the only one in my family who is deaf because it's not a dominant gene. Recessive genes are like genetic roulette... mostly they miss but every couple generations someone gets hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting thanks for sharing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 07:21 PM
As many of you know, I'm a regular poster here, and have been a fan since the first game.

I vote we welcome the new fans who are only now discovering the awesomeness of AC, and the returning old-guard who only post for a little while after a new game comes out.

lilbacchant
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
As many of you know, I'm a regular poster here, and have been a fan since the first game.

I vote we welcome the new fans who are only now discovering the awesomeness of AC, and the returning old-guard who only post for a little while after a new game comes out.

I agree, let's all raise our glass, can, mug, or plastic bottle as a toast*. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

*WARNING: if any of your containers regularly contain alcohol or substances with caffeine, you're likely to spend a lot of time being drunk or jittery over the next week or so.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Chariflame:

Non c' nessun ventilatore allineare, ognuno consentito
Also, you win Chairflame. We should close the topic because nothing can top that post.

Nick1021
11-13-2010, 08:37 PM
What I meant was people like CoD fans being complete idiots. Noobs that only got the game for the multiplayer, not the story.
I.E.-Who is this Ezio dude and how the hell did he get double blades I only saw one in AC1.

LaCava1
11-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Man, there are so many untrue fans at my school, and they are really annoying. One of them recently got AC2, and asked me (known for being an AC fan) why they decided to randomly put a guy named Altair in the game, and what he had to do with anything.

EmperorxZurg
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I say it'll be three days until it's a swarm of newcomers. But then after a week or two only the real fans of the game will stay. That's what happened to me for AC2. I loved AC1 but I only found this forum when AC2 was about to be released and then I stayed while a bunch of others who joined around that time left because they weren't real fans.

It's like weeding out the new season of crops.

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I will welcome any new fans, but the moment they start to spam these forums with their annoyingly stupid questions (Who is this Ezio guy? What's Eagle Vision? Lucy is HAWT!) I'll start a barbeque http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Almost like d1sturbedme_468, I joined the forum some monthes before AC2 came out.

I was hooked to the AC franchise when the first rumors about AC2 came out. Of course I played the original AC and loved it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

anbublackninja
11-13-2010, 10:57 PM
im new to these forums but i do agree with one of the posts on here..
I had AC1 for the 360 and i kinda didnt like the game a friend of mine had gotten the master assassins edition AC2 with the ezio figure for ps3. i asked him what he thought and he told me dude you gotta play it even if you didnt like the first one. so i took the advice and i ended up buying the master assassins edition and when i played AC2 i loved it. I used my uplay points to open up the tomb and even got altair uniform, i went and found the glypths and the medalions to unlock both the vid and altair armour..
I gotta say i love assassins creed now i cant wait to get brotherhood and im thinking of giving AC1 a chance again

tyrce111
11-13-2010, 11:59 PM
THE INVASION HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!!AAARRRRGH!!!*Gets trampled by horde of ACB N00bS*

Piflik
11-14-2010, 06:40 AM
I got both AC1 and 2 at the same time and completed the first before starting the second...it wasn't a bad game, but extremely monotonous...climb a tower, sync, interrogate/observe/save, repeat...with the first couple of marks I did all towers, but later only the mandatory number...maybe if I hadn't been so anxious to play the second game, I would have still done all of them, but it was still quite boring...and I hated that Altair couldn't swim...especially in that one mission where you have to kill that guy in the harbor...since I was dead set on stealth-killing every single mark I tried to reach the ship using the poles in the water and I drowned about 152884 times...

MT4K
11-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Piflik:
I hated that Altair couldn't swim...especially in that one mission where you have to kill that guy in the harbor...since I was dead set on stealth-killing every single mark I tried to reach the ship using the poles in the water and I drowned about 152884 times...

i practiced for that mission by playing hopscotch

magesupermaster
11-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Just a few more days untill the forums are flooded..*sigh*

I guess we will have to depend on Shade and ms-kleaneasy to clean some of the mess.

Any new members will be greeted nicely, unless they make illiterate and uneducated posts.

realgangsta213
11-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Some users only recenly found out about the forums and partook in them. I also used to only read in the forums for several month before posting a single post. If fans come into those forums because they have questions, then welcome them and help them and after a while they will go away because they got what they came for. I personally stay here because i think this community is the best i've seen so far. People helping each other and sharing ideas and people like Slime who happily do a lot of community work. And most importantly there isn't much swearing going on because of different opinions. What I'm trying to say is that every fan who comes to those forums deserves respect no matter how recently they have joined those forums. Help and you shall be helped, accept and you shall be accepted, give and you will receive. So to any newcomers a hearty welcome and feel free to ask any questions but please read the forum rules first and respect the others as they will hopefully respect you. And please if you got the game before release don't ask any questions about it and put spoiler tags on every question related to ac story content.

LaCava1
11-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I've had AC1 for a long time, since I pre-ordered it. Same with AC2. But I just very recently found the forums, and I'll stay on them for while.

Pavan_NL
11-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't speak Italian, but I think you translated the wrong kind of fan.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7844/fanch.jpg

obliviondoll
11-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Pavan_NL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7844/fanch.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't see the problem. That's the kind of fan we're all talking about, isn't it?

Tuck2103
11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I think I see what you 'veterans' are trying to say with this post.
You think yourself above the others don't you? The "real fans", the elites of this forum! You should beg Ubisoft to make a private space on this site, just for the 'guys that were there from the beginning'.

I'm an Assassin's Creed fan just like you, with the difference that I couldn't care less about joining this forum until now, as I can get more information about the upcoming game here than anywhere else on the internet.

I've seen respectful members on this forum, typing good language who are also nice to newbies. But this sickens me.

an-assassin
11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Well I dont see the problem. But I have ben a fan since game 1, and the reason I joined now was that I was so interested in brotherhood, that I wanted all the new info. But now I realised this forum is AWSOMESAUCE

persiateddy95
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by an-assassin:
But now I realised this forum is AWSOMESAUCE
Definitely not with a forum like AC you'll learn the true awesomeness a forum can be.

GarethNelson
11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
qft or the people who picked up the first game on release day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know the game existed until it came second-hand with my second-hand PS3 and I fell in love with it.

What does that make me?

Tuck2103
11-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:

I didn't know the game existed until it came second-hand with my second-hand PS3 and I fell in love with it.

What does that make me?

It seems it makes you an unworthy villain.

Chariflame
11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
I think yes, silliness aside, there will be a surge of people new to the series. It might be tiresome with people asking elementary questions but after a few weeks people will gain knowledge and get used to everything... we just need to be patient. And hey, most of us will be too glued to our PlayStations and Xbawks to pay much attention anyway.

Nick1021
11-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Tuck2103:
You think yourself above the others don't you? The "real fans", the elites of this forum! You should beg Ubisoft to make a private space on this site, just for the 'guys that were there from the beginning'.

I'm an Assassin's Creed fan just like you, with the difference that I couldn't care less about joining this forum until now, as I can get more information about the upcoming game here than anywhere else on the internet.

I've seen respectful members on this forum, typing good language who are also nice to newbies. But this sickens me.
No kid. I'm talking about CoD noobs that only got the game because of it's multiplayer. I don't care how long you have been on the forums. But the new noobs that will come probably never played AC1 o AC2 because their was no multiplayer to show their awesome 1337 skillz.

DeafAtheist
11-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pavan_NL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7844/fanch.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't see the problem. That's the kind of fan we're all talking about, isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he's wrong. We're talking about Assassin's Creed fans specifically so it's THIS kind of fan we're talking about:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100511042124/assassinscreed/images/8/8e/Templar_Fan.JPG

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Tuck2103:

Not really :/ I was once a noob just like the rest that are going to eventually come here. What makes the difference though is out of the 80 that arrive, probably 20 will stay as the real fans. the rest will move on because they weren't real fans of the game and went on to the next big game coming out.

Black_Widow9
11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Please use thread for Countdown-
BROTHER HOOD TEN DAY COUNTDOWN!! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6441018098)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>