PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed on Next Gen Consoles

GunnarGunderson
09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
this is just a hypothetical thread, it's not an idea or suggestion thread

I think that in the next gen AC will be one huge world, multiple cities with lots of country side and small villages inbetween but with no loading screens when you travel between cities

Moultonborough
09-21-2011, 10:15 PM
It fully depends whether they decide to continue to make AC after AC3 comes out.

GunnarGunderson
09-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
It fully depends whether they decide to continue to make AC after AC3 comes out. as I said, hypothetical

Blind2Society
09-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Not even a slight chance. I would love it, but definitely not going to happen.

Moultonborough
09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Maybe if the developers had a idea when they are going to be released than it's possible. However, only the WiiU has been announced and I don't expect a main game for the system.

Blind2Society
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM
They can make individual games and sell them for $60 a pop or make one really big game and sell it for $60. They are in the business of making money, what do you think? There are other reasons, that just happens to be at the top of the list.

And don't get me wrong I would love a game like that, I'm just damn sure not getting my hopes up.

LightRey
09-22-2011, 12:39 AM
There aren't going to be that many next gen consoles for quite a while. They're being made to last longer, so don't expect a next gen console for a few years, unless you would consider the Wii U to be next gen.

woowu
09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by BradKinn:

I think that in the next gen AC will be one huge world, multiple cities with lots of country side and small villages inbetween but with no loading screens when you travel between cities

What you said is possible on this current generation. Look at games like RDR, Skyrim and more importantly Just cause 2... Ubi just have to not be lazy and change/modify that engine.

LightRey
09-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by woowu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

What you said is possible on this current generation. Look at games like RDR, Skyrim and more importantly Just cause 2... Ubi just have to not be lazy and change/modify that engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're not lazy. Releasing quality games like ACB and ACR once a year requires a huge amount of work.

cless711
09-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woowu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

What you said is possible on this current generation. Look at games like RDR, Skyrim and more importantly Just cause 2... Ubi just have to not be lazy and change/modify that engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're not lazy. Releasing quality games like ACB and ACR once a year requires a huge amount of work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, not many people understand how much work is put into a game like AC:B and/or AC:R

naran6142
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by woowu:

Just cause 2 doesn't get enough credit, its really fun

an AC game probably could be done like that now, but the quality of everything would go way down

luckyto
09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Just Cause 2 is a really solid game. Everything but story is polished to a tee.

Games like this are possible - it sounds just like Assassin's Creed 1, with the exception of the loading screens. Can we wait an extra year between releases to get more?

Blind2Society
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
We can, but can they? They meaning Ubisoft and more meaning money.

Dieinthedark
09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I just DON'T want Ubi to see this as a money maker only and run it into the ground like Guitar Hero and Call of Duty.... other than that I'm fine.

LightRey
09-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
I just DON'T want Ubi to see this as a money maker only and run it into the ground like Guitar Hero and Call of Duty.... other than that I'm fine.
They've been doing a great job so far and they're clearly putting a lot of effort into each game. As long as the quality doesn't drop significantly I'm fine with them milking the franchise.

Will_Lucky
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Maybe if the developers had a idea when they are going to be released than it's possible. However, only the WiiU has been announced and I don't expect a main game for the system.

I'd expect to see Assassins Creed 3 on the system given Nintendo want it out in 2012.

Sushiglutton
09-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I kind of hope the opposite, namely that Ubi focuses on increasing the amount of detail rather than building bigger enviroments.

rileypoole1234
09-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I like it better when they put the detail into the cities. Instead of focusing on making the world in between the cities, I think it would be better if they focused just on making the cities. BUT, if they could make the cities as detailed as in any of the AC games, then by all means do it.

LightRey
09-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

I'd expect to see Assassins Creed 3 on the system given Nintendo want it out in 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I very much doubt that Nintendo is coming with the WiiU in 2012, because of AC. Besides, AC is not being developed to run on any Nintendo-like system.

RzaRecta357
09-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Wii U will get AC3 next year like they said it will get an AC game.

The Wii U is the strongest of three consoles but I still think the PS3 will get the better version or the version with more like usual.

People keep saying these consoles are designed to last but they aren't big picturing.

Sony and Xbox have both started to dev their new consoles. The Vita can virutally do what the controller of the Wii U can do.

The 360 is already 6 years old. The PS2 lasted ten years but only truly lasted till 2006/7 when the 360 and PS3 came out. Time flies right?

PS3 wasn't designed around online games because Sony wasn't expecting it to pop off the way they did. Thus the terrible design of PSN which I'm sure will be super improved come the next console.

360 is on it's last legs when it comes to discs. Games that are multiplat are needing extra discs.

I'm fully expecting them to at least announce the new consoles at next years E3.

XBox is a kinect and cable box as of last years E3. Sony had their Vita to steal the show last E3.

Next year it's gonna be all about the games and the Wii U with it's final version.

If not next year...then the year after.

Why did the above poster say it'll NEVER happen? You honestly expect them to NOT improve the engine and make a killer AC game once a new console releases? It's their best series and they aren't going to just STOP once AC3 comes out.

Gears of war and Prince of Persia and Halo were trilogies too. Think that stops them or WILL stop them?

With my new PC...I plug in a 360 controller to play games like Deus Ex or Witcher 2 or GTAIV. When doing this you truly see that consoles aren't even truly 720 half the time. Totally upscaled and terrible medium setting graphics.

Any game you think looks good on consoles is a medium setting game on PC unless it's just never to be coded for it like Uncharted.

reini03
09-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Wii U will get AC3 next year like they said it will get an AC game.

They NEVER said it to be AC3. We do know that it's not going to be Revelations, but it has not been confirmed which game the Wii U will get. You put it like it was a fact <.<
But I agree with everything else you said... except the thing with the resolution. I don't get it. Almost all PS3/X360 games run on native 720p, with only a few exceptions like GTA IV and one Halo game (dunno which one), those two were somewhere around 640p or something like that. But other than that, console games are true 720p HD. It only looks a lot worse than on the PC because they can't handle such high detail.
I personally expect the next gen to support native resolutions of AT LEAST 1080p. But I guess that's a must for Sony and Microsoft, and they know it. Having to scale games in order to achieve Full HD sucks >.<

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
We can, but can they? They meaning Ubisoft and more meaning money.
Just to clarify, by Ubisoft I meant the money makers not the devs.