PDA

View Full Version : Ezio is a crappy Assassin

Gasketfuse
06-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Was playing Brotherhood Earlier, and I noticed something that really annoys me. Whilst doing a templar lair, in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEnfVmeapsE&feature=related) (at 1:46) Ezio is around the corner, when no one has yet seen him. The guards are unaware of his presence, making this the opportune time to kill them. Rather than doing anything useful, he walks calmly and slowly around the corner and just stands there, waiting for the guards to notice him. The target throws an apple at him and runs away, so now Ezio has to chase the guard all around the castle. Then, at 3:28 of the same video, the guard gets trapped. Ezio is perched above him, and the guard is cornered. As the target starts to run away, Ezio jumps directly in front of him and just stands there, taking his sweet time and letting the guard get a headstart to another chase. Let me remind you that he could have just done his usual air assassination and killed the target, but instead lets him get away for the second time.
I'm kind of annoyed by this; I understand that Ezio isn't quite one to follow the creed, but at the point that he's alerted the entire guard force of his presence, it feels like he's just trying to look badass.

crash3
06-11-2011, 09:57 AM
i have to admit that mission could have been done more stealthily, it was over in 5 minutes coz its chasing the whole time

i dont think ezio is a crappy assassin, there just needs to be a larger emphasis on stealth put into place intead of just destroying every guard in his path

Gasketfuse
06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Not really crappy, I'm just saying he could have done that mission a lot faster and more efficiently.

reini03
06-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Ezio just isn't that I-will-have-to-be-stealthy kind of guy. He's more like, go straight in, kill that guy, doesn't matter how. Be obvious, doesn't matter, what does matter that he's dead and my name's Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Hopefully he'll be much wiser in Revelations. Be way more stealthy, don't compromise the brotherhood. Especially the last part. Ezio will be Grand Master of the Assassin Order. You know what that means. Walk into a ****load of people, perform an obvious kill and then shout "HEY PEOPLE MY NAME'S EZIO AND I'M A FREAKING ASSASSIN"? NO WAY! I really hope he'll finally study the creed's rules in ACR.

GunnarGunderson
06-11-2011, 10:40 AM
posted in the wrong thread, my bad. ignore this

Rea1SamF1sher
06-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I would agree in the sense, if Ezio will be really wise ACR. He still won't be as wise as Altair was in his young age. At least as long as he doesn't consider the creed and as long the missions still being scripted. I consider him first wise when he really is a master assassins who lives like the credo intented the assassins to live.

PhiIs1618033
06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Don't call my favorite game charactor who i look up to crappy..
What are you, twelve?

albertwesker22
06-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Don't call my favorite game charactor who i look up to crappy..
What are you, twelve? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or a smart chimp?

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Stealth does seem to be something about the AC series that Ubisoft seemed to have lost their touch with.

It seems like they are too busy making him look more like a "Badass" instead of an Assassin.

Evidence of this can easily be seen in their cinematic trailers(which are awesome nonetheless)...

-AC-
Altair watches his target from the distance. Moves with the crowd. Assassinates target. Escapes by blending in with monks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ptYM&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLP-rtNptYM&feature=related)

-ACII-
Uses cortesans as distractions. Blends with crowd. Assassinates associate. Kills guards. Chases target. Assassinates target after he(Ezio) is insulted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWhWsgHzKM

-AC:B-
Watches from the distance. Walks thru like it's nobody's business. Has guards killed off by assassins. Makes himself center of attention in public, etc etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNs4-kRLaE

-AC:R-
Just waltzes right up to Masyaf and puts himself in precarious situtation by getting shot with an arrow, fighting over a dozen heavily-armed guards, and getting caught. Altair's spirit appears twice in the video looking at Ezio and thinking to himself, "What a noob". LoL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMeN_BDgF6g

Turkiye96
06-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Haha i like this thread :P
but i have to say EZIO IS AWESOME!
the only reason he doesn't try to kill them with everything he's got is because he doesn't have to, i think he is bored and just wants to toy around with the guard giving him a head start and stuff, its kinda fun to see that ezio is that good :P ( also keep in mind ACB was dragged out from a dlc to a full game so they added missions that weren't exactly solid gameplay wise, i mean if he did kill the guy at the start the mission would end 5 seconds after you start, congrats!)

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure whether he wanted to kill the guards. After all Ezio doesn't like killing aimlessly. He isn't Altair. He is merciful.

sassinscreed
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Gasketfuse:
Was playing Brotherhood Earlier, and I noticed something that really annoys me. Whilst doing a templar lair, in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEnfVmeapsE&feature=related) (at 1:46) Ezio is around the corner, when no one has yet seen him. The guards are unaware of his presence, making this the opportune time to kill them. Rather than doing anything useful, he walks calmly and slowly around the corner and just stands there, waiting for the guards to notice him. The target throws an apple at him and runs away, so now Ezio has to chase the guard all around the castle. Then, at 3:28 of the same video, the guard gets trapped. Ezio is perched above him, and the guard is cornered. As the target starts to run away, Ezio jumps directly in front of him and just stands there, taking his sweet time and letting the guard get a headstart to another chase. Let me remind you that he could have just done his usual air assassination and killed the target, but instead lets him get away for the second time.
I'm kind of annoyed by this; I understand that Ezio isn't quite one to follow the creed, but at the point that he's alerted the entire guard force of his presence, it feels like he's just trying to look badass.

i don't think it would be fun to play templar lair when you kill your target right at the beggining

Gasketfuse
06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
I'm not sure whether he wanted to kill the guards. After all Ezio doesn't like killing aimlessly. He isn't Altair. He is merciful. But he kills the guard at the end of the second chase.

Assassin8me
06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Ezio is a crappy Assassin.

Oh no you didn't! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Mic_92
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:

Watches from the distance. Walks thru like it's nobody's business. Has guards killed off by assassins. Makes himself center of attention in public, etc etc.

Just waltzes right up to Masyaf and puts himself in precarious situtation by getting shot with an arrow, fighting over a dozen heavily-armed guards, and getting caught. Altair's spirit appears twice in the video looking at Ezio and thinking to himself, "What a noob". LoL.

That moment never actually happened in ACB and in ACR, Ezio was unaware there was anybody in Masyaf. Who would expects to find hostile people in a fortress that was abandoned hundreds of years ago?

As for that part in ACB, yeah that kind of sucks but I think it has more to do with gameplay and level design than Ezio's character.
You can't tell me they couldn't have done the same with Altair.

Also, the last time we heard of the Creed was in AC1. Ezio probably doesn't even know it exists.

Mutley_Rulz
06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Hopefully in following Altair's footsteps, Ezio'll be able to revive the Creed, aswell as taking pointers from the Constantinople Brotherhood.
I get the feeling that either Ezio will wisen up to the Creed in an unbelievable manner, or Altair will be dumbed down to being as lax as he was when we first saw him in AC1.

I get the feeling it'll be the latter, considering the increased use of bombs and Ezio's naturally flamboyant manner in the trailers. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

phil.llllll
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I personally think he's just plain sick. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

He enjoys messing with his prey before the kill.

CRUDFACE
06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:

That moment never actually happened in ACB and in ACR, Ezio was unaware there was anybody in Masyaf. Who would expects to find hostile people in a fortress that was abandoned hundreds of years ago?

As for that part in ACB, yeah that kind of sucks but I think it has more to do with gameplay and level design than Ezio's character.

Also, the last time we heard of the Creed was in AC1. Ezio probably doesn't even know it exists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't know about the creed? He read Altair's freakin' journals, he was taught by Mario and they even initated him the same way. He always talks about it. Believe me, he knows that creed...he just throws it away most of the time.

And gameplay and story should be intertwined, not seperated on all points, but windled down sometimes for the player.

If it was Altair, he would've at least gathered some info, got it checked over and then struck. According to the codex, he changed the way assassins killed people. Not as out in the open as before.

Edit: who told you guys he was an Assassin? He's a Renaissance Batman! I kind of stopped thinking of him as an assassin when he started wearing the robes full time.

tjbyrum1
06-11-2011, 06:20 PM
It makes for a better game. Theoretically.

See, it's more 'better' (not necessarily) to chase a target down and kill him instead of simply finding him, watching Ezio kill him, and that's it.

Most of the storyline, and the character's actions have to do with gameplay. Ezio isn't a crappy assassin, the Ubi Designers who made the game didn't want there to be instant kill on that target, he wanted a chase.

SeeWhatIMean?

----

Another good Example of this is AC 1. At the VERY start of the game, they made Altair confront Robert and be thrown out whatever he was in. Therefore, it made the game have a meaning to it. It doesn't mean Alair sucked, the creators just figured it'd be better to save the 'antagonist' death till the end of the game instead of 2 minutes into the game.

SeeWhatIMean?

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
It makes for a better game. Theoretically.

See, it's more 'better' (not necessarily) to chase a target down and kill him instead of simply finding him, watching Ezio kill him, and that's it.

Most of the storyline, and the character's actions have to do with gameplay. Ezio isn't a crappy assassin, the Ubi Designers who made the game didn't want there to be instant kill on that target, he wanted a chase.

SeeWhatIMean?

See what i mean but i think it's REALLY unrealistic and unnecesary... maybe you should be force to scout him from a point where guards don't see you and assassinate him when he is alone... it would be a lot funnier and more realistic -.-''

ACtually, altair was rude in the start of the game and that's why he failed that mission but i don't see any reason for ezio to just show up in that mission -.-''

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 08:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I'm not sure whether he wanted to kill the guards. After all Ezio doesn't like killing aimlessly. He isn't Altair. He is merciful. But he kills the guard at the end of the second chase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You know he can just beat up the guard. It's possible.

ThaWhistle
06-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:

Also, the last time we heard of the Creed was in AC1. Ezio probably doesn't even know it exists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't know about the creed? He read Altair's freakin' journals, he was taught by Mario and they even initated him the same way. He always talks about it. Believe me, he knows that creed...he just throws it away most of the time.

And gameplay and story should be intertwined, not seperated on all points, but windled down sometimes for the player.

If it was Altair, he would've at least gathered some info, got it checked over and then struck. According to the codex, he changed the way assassins killed people. Not as out in the open as before.

Edit: who told you guys he was an Assassin? He's a Renaissance Batman! I kind of stopped thinking of him as an assassin when he started wearing the robes full time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair, they do mention A creed in AC2 and ACB, just not THE creed from the original.

Mic_92
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:

Edit: who told you guys he was an Assassin? He's a Renaissance Batman! I kind of stopped thinking of him as an assassin when he started wearing the robes full time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair, they do mention A creed in AC2 and ACB, just not THE creed from the original. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. From what I've seen, their creed consisted of the phrase "Nothing is true, everything is permitted", respecting the people they killed and pretty much what Ezio does.

The three tenets have not been mentioned since AC1 and have never been mentioned in AC2/ACB so how do you expect Ezio to know about them? They appear nowhere in the codex either, I just checked and from what I've seen, Altair thought the Creed needed to change.

So as it was said before, what makes you people love Altair so much and hate Ezio is pretty much the whole philosophical aspects of the game being dumbed down. Altair could have very much acted the same way Ezio does and vice versa.

Sporkfighter
06-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Well this thread isn't what I thought it might be and I do like Ezio a lot and think he is a great assassin and has a great story. I do understand this frustration though because Ezio does confront major enemies multiple times in his story but I think that is to develop dialogue as well as the idea that the Assassin's are trying to teach their enemies that people should have choice. You also have to remeber that some of the time the Assassin's are sending a message and not necessarily trying to be super stealthy.

I thought this was going to be about being tired of Ezio and I will say I'm glad that Revelations is tying everything up. I am glad to have played as him and go through his whole life (once Revelations comes out) but I'm definitely ready for a new ancestor or ancestors.

PhiIs1618033
06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I remember reading in the codex that Alta´r made the assassins go underground more, less open kills and all that.

I doubt he changed the whole 'stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent', 'hide in plain sight' and 'compromise the brotherhood' things. Those are mostly common sense if you belong in such a group.

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
I remember reading in the codex that Alta´r made the assassins go underground more, less open kills and all that.

I doubt he changed the whole 'stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent', 'hide in plain sight' and 'compromise the brotherhood' things. Those are mostly common sense if you belong in such a group.

but ezio doesn't follow the creed :X

DeadEyeReaver
06-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Why is their no assasinations in ACB. you end up having a sword fight with Cesare at the end in a completly scripted, one way to go round things chapter. There was no challenges and decisions on how to get to Cesare and avoid gaurds and walls. I guess killing the frenchie in his fort was but it was all in a small area with limited movement choice. i may have missed one but overall there was little. that was one of the highlghts of previous AC games, with AC1 making you go round and get information on how to get to your target.

One of the best parts of ACB was Borgia towers, but it was such a shame that you couldnt replay those times.

halihayweed
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
so i totally agree that at times Ezio can be..er..overbearing. But he isn't necessarily a crappy assassin. He is a showoff and likes attention, but he's Ezio! He is gorgeous, 52-year-old Ezio. Hey, if he can be in that good of shape at that age, he can do whatever he wants. haha.