PDA

View Full Version : vista and Il-2

freakyre33
01-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I just bought il-2 from gamestop and downloaded it via the internet, I ran the desktop seletive start up, to shut down any unwanted progams that were running, the game installed perfectly and ran great for the first time, and then the second time i went to play I click the Shortcut and before any thing happens a message pops up and says il-2.exe has encoutered a problem and microsoft will notify if the problem has been solved blah blah and shuts down. Can you tell me what could be going on?

freakyre33
01-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I just bought il-2 from gamestop and downloaded it via the internet, I ran the desktop seletive start up, to shut down any unwanted progams that were running, the game installed perfectly and ran great for the first time, and then the second time i went to play I click the Shortcut and before any thing happens a message pops up and says il-2.exe has encoutered a problem and microsoft will notify if the problem has been solved blah blah and shuts down. Can you tell me what could be going on?

FoolTrottel
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Not sure if it will help in your case, but:

Vista Home Premium x64 and 1946 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/1921070116)

Good Luck!

freakyre33
01-26-2008, 11:46 AM
it seems that when i access the game through My computer and through its files it works so i don't know lol

Muddy17
01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Try deleting your desktop Icon and copy and past the EXE from your IL2 File to desktop if not then you have to D/L the No CD patch. Vista is funny I had to fart around but it will run.
You may also get into the game and find your mouse dont work if so just alt tab to DT and bring up the game again and it will work.