PDA

View Full Version : Local area view distance is gimp.

Drakaun
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok,I know this is the same engine as AC1,suppose to be improved.My only complaint is in the citys you look ahead of you at buildings at the last textures for the building,they dont load till you get close(dont mean right on top,but in view distance,fairly close)Looks awful....

I just loaded AC1,and it doesnt do that.Maybe because they improved LONG view distance,like on top of buildings,and they had to gimp close textures?

I know graphics are not everything,but is part of the experiance for me.I have the game max and looks good,just that one thing is driving me nuts.AC1 looks better...

If anyone knows of any mods for this,please let me know.I have had no luck finding anyway.Maybe the engine cant be modded...

If it was the unreal engine,I would just adjust the config file,but its not.

I think they may have did this for the consoles,once again.

Splinter Cell: Conviction,had ok graphics,nothing to write home about.Still enjoyed the game though.Tired of the 16:10 not being supported anymore.Damm black bars.All the LCD monitors are going 16:9.Guess I will have to break down soon and get a 16:9,since ubisoft is too sorry to add support....

EDIT: AC1 I edited the ini. file to be able to run AA with 1920x1200 res.It has view distance line in it....bah sure wish AC2's had a view distance line in Its ini. file