PDA

View Full Version : Just a passing thought

josephs1959
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Well it's Fall here in New England and with the changing colors of the leaves I noticed that there are only two seasons in Il-2, Summer and Winter. I personally would like to see the changing autumn leaves from above (in the Game). The Bare trees of late fall before the first snows. Mud, slush of the early Spring. I'm sure these changes occur in other parts of the world as well. Of course, if this doesn't affect the payability of the game.

triad773
10-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. Wonder if they'd limit the seasons to historically accurate BoB scenario/scope tho.

I like the idea, but would it be practical?

Makabi-
10-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd like to see an Autumn version of the maps as well, even if it is just a visual thing. I personally found the colours of Kurland a fresh change from the rest of the Russian maps.

JG54_Lukas
10-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Kurland is exactly that.

zbw_109
10-06-2006, 07:48 PM
SOW should have mud and appropriate effects for when shells hit (no smoke, big splat)

Skoshi Tiger
10-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey from what I remember of my short time in the South of England, They could have all four seasons in one day! Or was that Melbourne?? Or Both???

NAVY_96th
10-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Changing of the seasons would create some issues in the game such as a longer take off run from dirt (Mud ) fields in the spring due to the tyres having to break through the sticky mud. A great idea but prob. alot of reprograming.

DuxCorvan
10-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Judging from that BOB video:

Colors look awful, too bright and saturated. I want that fixed. Really. Terrain specially reminds me vaguely of the old SWOTL, and British roundels are as eye-irritant as they are in FB.

Not that impressed, sorry, although models -just models- and some clouds look fantastic. In fact, I'm more concerned about gameplay and immersion than about eye-candy. I wouldn't like it to be the cold unconexed collection of stuff we have in FB/PF, but have a more immersive interface and a good dynamic campaign system -or the ability to implement one. I'm also interested on a good AI -more realistic, not just harder- and a gunnery AI that is not runned by Matrix agents.

We haven't seen anything about that, just some self-praised technological achievements.

Seasons would be a nice addition, but we need a good air combat simulation before we care about leaves falling.

heywooood
10-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about colors etc in a beta or charlie level video people,... and Dux

I'm thinking there is a long way to go in the lighting and texturing areas yet - and some hardware issues as in - that isn't the hardware this sim is intended for WRT the images we're seeing.

and didn't the Oleg say repeatedly that the biggest improvements would be in flight model and atmospherics - ie: wind and turbulence etc. in addition to visual pleasures - also that AI would be vastly improved and more varied based on more powerful CPU's and improved game engine?

(...wasn't that the point of BoB?)