PDA

View Full Version : CH flight yoke and pedal problems

youngmn
12-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I am trying to get the CH yoke and pedals to work. Under the control setup, the pedals seem to be the only thing working, for both roll and yaw. The yoke does nothing. They both work in other sims just not Pacific fighters. Is there some other configuration screen to get it working?

youngmn
12-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I am trying to get the CH yoke and pedals to work. Under the control setup, the pedals seem to be the only thing working, for both roll and yaw. The yoke does nothing. They both work in other sims just not Pacific fighters. Is there some other configuration screen to get it working?

Tully__
12-30-2004, 06:39 PM
If they're the USB CH gear, use the CH Control Center software to set them up as a single virtual device.

If they're not both USB (or if you'd rather not mess with CH Control Center), click the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture and read the section near the bottom of the article under the "I Added a Second Controller..." heading. The index is hotlinked so you can go straight to that section by clicking the index entry.

Fliger747
12-31-2004, 07:58 AM
I had the same problem using the X-45 and the CH Pedals. They CAN be made to work well, so have faith.

Having used the 'iteration' method to solve the issue I can't offer too much help, except try setting a dead band such that the HOTAS setup doesn't try to pick up the CH brake axis as elevator and aileron.

Good Luck!

horseback
12-31-2004, 03:39 PM
First, do as Tully suggested. The CHManager software is very good, and will allow you to combine the two controllers into one. I advise you to print out the Help pages relevent to this process-I find it easier to read and comprehend paper pages I can set side by side and use a highliter on than looking at a computer display.

Second, in the game, go to the Controls Menu, and scroll down to the HOTAS section at the bottom. Make sure you've assigned the Controller axes to the proper game input axes. You do this by clicking your mouse on the section opposite the ailerons, for instance, and then moving your yoke. The menu will then show something like X-Axis, or X-Axis, ID1.

Continue doing this for each axis: Ailerons, Elevators, Rudder, Flaps, Brakes, Prop Pitch, Throttle, and trim, if you have the axis to spare.

cheers

horseback