PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guide - buy or not buy?

utfluke
11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
My question is in the title, and my answer is yes. But I'm curious about what you will do.

I'm not really a game player anymore. It takes a time commitment that I can't make. But I'm very much a STORY player - I'm still really interested in what takes place in a videogame storywise. A strat guide allows me to move through the story faster.

When I posted earlier about getting a guide, there was some hostility in the replies. So...I'm curious. Will you buy or not buy the strat guide? Whether yes or no, why?

I am not trying to start a flamewar, I'm just interested in your (hopefully) calm opinion. Thanks for taking time to answer...and let's all hunker down in two weeks to play the @&$" out of this game!

Utfluke

Greenman2000
11-02-2007, 10:41 AM
no because i want to try and do the game on my own but by some book. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

MasterNeilson
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
I will not buy a strat guide, i don't need one, i like the challenge of completing everything and 100% unlocking everything on my own, and i don't think u need a strat guide either, especially if it's just to progress through the story, wheres the fun in that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

quarmby2007
11-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Personally I will not be buying a strat guide because I try to get the most out of any game I buy before finding help from books or the interent etc.

IHeartAC31565
11-02-2007, 12:52 PM
im ony gunna buy it cuz it comes out before the game comes out and i wannu see if i can get a sneak preview at the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Subba_
11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I rarely ever buy them but I'll prob'ly pick one up for Ac. I think it'd be nice for the sidequests... and it might have pretty pictures in it. D:

dd22cowboys
11-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I dont think this game is complex enough for a guide. Its all straightforward. "Kill this guy and that guy, oh and if u want you can kill those guys for fun too." There are the flags i guess but i dont think we get anything cool for collecting all of them. By cool i mean like a new sword or brass knuckles! GTA is the only game i buy guides for because you would miss a whole lot if you dont get one. AC just doesnt have that much "stuff" to be found or used.

mbs284
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
a strat guide would be pointless. the game is play it how you want. and why buy stategy guides anyway when you can ask ?'s in forums or find walkthroughs online

membernametaken
11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
The only time I buy strategy guides (and the last one I bought was 5 years ago or something like that) is if I get something free, along with it.

They ruin the game for you... there's nothing more satisfying than going through a game by your lonesome.

SkullSoldier
11-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm not gonna buy one seeing as there's always Gamefaqs or somethign if I get dead stuck.

I do like the extra things they gave you though like pretty pictures or extra things but it isn't really worth the high prices in my opinion. May borrow one off a mate?

KlNDRED
11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
i was gonna but its useless