PDA

View Full Version : Decent interview with Falko Poiker

eagleforlife1
10-29-2011, 02:47 AM
http://hexus.net/gaming/featur...erview-falko-poiker/ (http://hexus.net/gaming/features/xbox-360/32310-assassins-creed-revelations-interview-falko-poiker/)

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote from Falko:
"But we haven't redone any systems for Revelations"

This means chain kills will not be reworked to have more balance... i can now know what to expect from the gameplay experience, let's hope the story experience isn't as bad as in AcB.

Moultonborough
10-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Good interview. SPOILERS- I think it's weird the collectables can float, should be nice puzzles too figure out though.Plus the amount of time for Altair memories.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Good interview. SPOILERS- I think it's weird the collectables can float, should be nice puzzles too figure out though.Plus the amount of time for Altair memories.

Yeah, i hope they don't put colectables things in a place in mid air no1 will look at, i hate using guides T_T

And i'm exicted for both altair gameplay, story and those 3 hours of nostalgic *.*

eagleforlife1
10-29-2011, 04:47 AM
He also mentions 6 Altair sequences but there are only 5 seals. Unless you see another Altair memory once you actually get into his library.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:59 AM
I wonder what those pages he mentions will be about.

NewBlade200
10-29-2011, 05:15 AM
@eagleforlife1 Perhaps its a reference to the 7 seals in the revelation part of the bible. I haven't read it but the sixth seal is the seal of judgement, and the seventh is a silence in heaven meaning god's wrath. Perhaps there will be a seventh seal to see an unknown memory?

Sarari
10-29-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't like how they're going to make an assassin's creed game every year. If they keep that up they're going to ruin the franchise because if they want AC3 to be the biggest AC game yet, they going to have to take their time.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I don't like how they're going to make an assassin's creed game every year. If they keep that up they're going to ruin the franchise because if they want AC3 to be the biggest AC game yet, they going to have to take their time.

I think it's safe to say that the series will ONLY take a break after AC3 is released in 2012, in order to coincide with the all 2012 hysteria thing and all...

Still, I'm hopeful they'll be able to pull it off but after that, I definately need a break. If you guys look at it, they did something fairly similar with SC and Prince Of Persia.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Yea, AC is supposed to get a break after AC3 is released next year.

Sarari
10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm going to go through a depression when they start a new story with a different person. I mean, I remember when I first started playing AC1 and until now. To many good memories. When they start a new story, all of that is like put behind us.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I'm going to go through a depression when they start a new story with a different person. I mean, I remember when I first started playing AC1 and until now. To many good memories. When they start a new story, all of that is like put behind us.

I am far more curious about WHERE exactly they're going next. It's a bit like Supernatural really:

How do you come up with an idea that can actually beat an Apocalypse?

Either way, I hope they do far more interesting things with the expanded univers of the series, instead of novelizing every single game. I dig Bowden's style of writing but honestly, I'd have done a couple of things differently.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Hah, I can't wait to be jumping through the air with parachutes and ziplines to get the Animus Glitches.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

I am far more curious about WHERE exactly they're going next. It's a bit like Supernatural really:

How do you come up with an idea that can actually beat an Apocalypse?

Either way, I hope they do far more interesting things with the expanded univers of the series, instead of novelizing every single game. I dig Bowden's style of writing but honestly, I'd have done a couple of things differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it seems it has something to do with the temples and likely the PoE's. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say that the temples form some kind of grid that simulates the earth's magnetic field to protect us from solar flares while pole-reversal is taking place. Though that's all based on the assumption that that is the actual cause of the disaster that is to come.

Calvarok
10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Quote from Falko:

This means chain kills will not be reworked to have more balance... i can now know what to expect from the gameplay experience, let's hope the story experience isn't as bad as in AcB.
When he says "redone", that doesn't mean that nothing has been reworked. There are some enemies that are more resistant to kill chains, and they HAVE made changes, just not in a "build a new system from the ground up" way.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I hope AC3 has a redone engine, just to reinforce that feeling of

AC1
AC2 Trilogy
AC3

Animuses
10-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I hope AC3 has a redone engine, just to reinforce that feeling of

AC1
AC2 Trilogy
AC3
Same here.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Quote from Falko:

When he says "redone", that doesn't mean that nothing has been reworked. There are some enemies that are more resistant to kill chains, and they HAVE made changes, just not in a "build a new system from the ground up" way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st good to know killchains have been nerfed so it can't kill everything 100%.

2nd sadly they only made some guards inmune to killstreaks, my idea was having it requiring some timming and as hard and healthfull the guard is make it a less range timming to make it harder (the timming could be the same timming to do combos and counters, at least it wouldn't be just smash attack button).

Animuses
10-29-2011, 10:07 AM
I never "smashed" the attack button in Brotherhood.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I never "smashed" the attack button in Brotherhood.
Me neither. That sounds more like AC1.

RzaRecta357
10-29-2011, 10:56 AM
You could just tap the square button over and over and hit a direction or just hold it and boom he stabs the guy. It's kinda cheesy I agree. It's like they played Batman and decided to try and ruin the combat. I hope the guards attack a bit more and grab less though.

As I wrote it I guess I changed my view because it works well but the grabbing is annoying. I guess I just don't like the kill cam and the stab plus shoot moves he does or the way it kinda repeats the same kill more often.

AC1 just felt so real and deadly feeling. I busted out AC2 on PC last night and even though it makes a stupid little sparkle at the end of the sword it feels just as good when the sword connects.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
AC1 just felt so real and deadly feeling.

<3 you.

De Filosoof
10-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought the truth puzzles would be implemented in Desmonds gameplay...and now they say there will be no truth puzzles AT ALL !!

that SUCKS!!!

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
I thought the truth puzzles would be implemented in Desmonds gameplay...and now they say there will be no truth puzzles AT ALL !!

that SUCKS!!!

I think that the colectables animus glitches should end up with a truth video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:

that SUCKS!!!
There'll still be puzzles, just no Truth puzzles and there will be more than enough revelations in the game, so it will not be too different from the glyphs.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

<3 you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC is still my favorite game in the series but I ALMOST loathe the combat system. Takes you forever to get things done, especially when heavily outnumbered.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

AC is still my favorite game in the series but I ALMOST loathe the combat system. Takes you forever to get things done, especially when heavily outnumbered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you like to have it faster and with the same dificult level that ac1 had? this is what i'm asking ever since ac2 O.o

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

AC is still my favorite game in the series but I ALMOST loathe the combat system. Takes you forever to get things done, especially when heavily outnumbered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you like to have it faster and with the same dificult level that ac1 had? this is what i'm asking ever since ac2 O.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never found the combay system in the original AC difficult to be honest, but rather slow and with lack of options.

Best strategy for me was always to use the hidden blade and counter-attack the bad guys until every single one of them was dead. It took time to master but it felt good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

On the other hand, in AC:B, it was the first time since the series first launched that I actually felt like a master assassin during combat.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 03:25 PM

You serious? Most of my large battles take less than 30 seconds and the smaller ones are usually over before they even began.

De Filosoof
10-29-2011, 03:34 PM
There'll still be puzzles, just no Truth puzzles and there will be more than enough revelations in the game, so it will not be too different from the glyphs. yeah i'm happy with that but the truth puzzles were kinda special and it fits well into the templar story (with the Edison/Tesla, Rockefeller stuff). I'm gonna miss it...I hope the Truth puzzles will be back in AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

You serious? Most of my large battles take less than 30 seconds and the smaller ones are usually over before they even began. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It takes me like 5 to 6 seconds - or perhaps less than that - to dispatch 5 to 6 enemies in Brotherhood. Are you going to tell me you kill that FAST in the original AC, at close range, without resorting to throwing knives?

Just asking here to be honest.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 03:37 PM
It takes me like 5 to 6 seconds - or perhaps less than that - to dispatch 5 to 6 enemies in Brotherhood. Are you going to tell me you kill that FAST in the original AC, at close range, without resorting to throwing knives?

Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying. It's a little slower than in ACII or ACB, but it still doesn't take me any longer than that.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:42 PM

Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying. It's a little slower than in ACII or ACB, but it still doesn't take me any longer than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but that's BS. 5 to 6 guards in 5 to 6 seconds? In the original AC? At close range, without resorting to knives? WTH?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

LightRey
10-29-2011, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying. It's a little slower than in ACII or ACB, but it still doesn't take me any longer than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but that's BS. 5 to 6 guards in 5 to 6 seconds? In the original AC? At close range, without resorting to knives? WTH?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well yeah. If I have the element of surprise I take the first 2 out with the hidden blade and then I combo kill the others, taking advantage of the guards that let their guard down and if there aren't any going for the weakest ones.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

No offense but that's BS. 5 to 6 guards in 5 to 6 seconds? In the original AC? At close range, without resorting to knives? WTH?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well yeah. If I have the element of surprise I take the first 2 out with the hidden blade and then I combo kill the others, taking advantage of the guards that let their guard down and if there aren't any going for the weakest ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant major skirmishes...

For instance, like the one you're forced to endure against the sarracens before you can do battle against Robert De Sable, mano a mano.

There's no element of surprise to be had there.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 03:52 PM

For instance, like the one you're forced to endure against the sarracens before you can do battle against Robert De Sable, mano a mano.

Usually you can still get at least one hidden blade kill in there, but even then it doesn't take much longer. A few seconds at most.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Usually you can still get at least one hidden blade kill in there, but even then it doesn't take much longer. A few seconds at most. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But again, 5 five kills in 5 seconds is pretty much impossible in the original AC in such situation. Not saying it's terrible or anything but the combat still doesn't feel right, especially after having played Brotherhood to death.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM

Usually you can still get at least one hidden blade kill in there, but even then it doesn't take much longer. A few seconds at most. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But again, 5 five kills in 5 seconds is pretty much impossible in the original AC in such situation. Not saying it's terrible or anything but the combat still doesn't feel right, especially after having played Brotherhood to death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well AC1's combat is a little slow and maybe 5 guards in 5 seconds is a little too fast, but it really doesn't take me that long.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 04:03 PM

But again, 5 five kills in 5 seconds is pretty much impossible in the original AC in such situation. Not saying it's terrible or anything but the combat still doesn't feel right, especially after having played Brotherhood to death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well AC1's combat is a little slow and maybe 5 guards in 5 seconds is a little too fast, but it really doesn't take me that long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I'll admit I suck at it most likely... :\

Again, the best strategy for me was ALWAYS to either use the hidden blade and counter-attack or throw my opponents to the ground, run up to them and kill them up close with the hidden blade.

Other than that, completely out of ideas when it comes to killing real fast in the original AC.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Again, the best strategy for me was ALWAYS to either use the hidden blade and counter-attack or throw my opponents to the ground, run up to them and kill them up close with the hidden blade.

Other than that, completely out of ideas when it comes to killing real fast in the original AC.
Well I'm still nothing much compared to my little brother. He's done things like killing Robert (and all his soldiers he sends after you before fighting you himself) by beating him up.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Well I'm still nothing much compared to my little brother. He's done things like killing Robert (and all his soldiers he sends after you before fighting you himself) by beating him up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Beating him up" as ONLY with his fists?

Seriously... And I thought I was good playing the original AC; No wonder I only come here every so often. My illusions are easily shatered... No PoE required. :\

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:12 PM

Well I'm still nothing much compared to my little brother. He's done things like killing Robert (and all his soldiers he sends after you before fighting you himself) by beating him up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously... And I thought I was good playing the original AC; No wonder I only come here every so often. My illusions are easily shatered... No PoE required. :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, only his fists. I was there. Saw it all. Required a lot of running around him in circles. It was hilarious. xD

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 04:27 PM

Seriously... And I thought I was good playing the original AC; No wonder I only come here every so often. My illusions are easily shatered... No PoE required. :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, only his fists. I was there. Saw it all. Required a lot of running around him in circles. It was hilarious. xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's your little brother, right? Being older, kindly ask him to record it and upload it onto youtube, just for the LoLz. I'd never be able to do that, not even in a million years.

Again, LoL worthy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
What I miss from the AC combat was the guards ability to counter your hits and the ability for you and the guards to swing a sword really hard.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:49 PM
He's your little brother, right? Being older, kindly ask him to record it and upload it onto youtube, just for the LoLz. I'd never be able to do that, not even in a million years.

Again, LoL worthy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I'll try. xD

SixKeys
10-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Now I want to see the fistfight with Robert, too. Too bad it's not possible to taunt enemies in AC1, I bet it'd be hilarious to see Robert getting so worked up over Alta´r's insults.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Now I want to see the fistfight with Robert, too. Too bad it's not possible to taunt enemies in AC1, I bet it'd be hilarious to see Robert getting so worked up over Alta´r's insults.

You can still taunt them IMO. Not insult them verbally but if you press circle on the PS3 or "B" on the Xbox 350 while holding your guard, Alta´r will point his left hand index finger at enemies. I loved doing that.

SixKeys
10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I always took that to mean "You're next", not really an insult.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:

English is not my native language but I always assumed that by "taunt", people refer to provocation or something similar. Verbal insults by Ezio in AC2 and Alta´rs's action in the original AC both serve the same purpose: To provoke the bad guys.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

English is not my native language but I always assumed that by "taunt", people refer to provocation or something similar. Verbal insults by Ezio in AC2 and Alta´rs's action in the original AC both serve the same purpose: To provoke the bad guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SixKeys taunt is not an insult just like YHHTQ said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

catkiller97
10-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Like Battlefield 3 uses Frostbite 2 engine.
So,Which engine Assassins Creed,Assassins Creed II,Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations use.

YHHTQ
10-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
Like Battlefield 3 uses Frostbite 2 engine.
So,Which engine Assassins Creed,Assassins Creed II,Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations use.

The first AC, like the original PoP from 2008, both use the Scimitar engine if I'm not mistaken. The other AC games however use the Anvil engine, which is by itself - supposedly - a more advanced version of the original Scimitar engine.

I dunno if they changed the name for this one though.

SixKeys
10-30-2011, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

English is not my native language but I always assumed that by "taunt", people refer to provocation or something similar. Verbal insults by Ezio in AC2 and Alta´rs's action in the original AC both serve the same purpose: To provoke the bad guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, maybe "insult" wasn't the right word to use. I still don't see Alta´r's and Ezio's taunts as the same kind of provocation, though. I always saw Alta´r as the kind of guy who will only kill if there's no alternative, so the finger-point wasn't meant so much as a provocation but a warning. The guards could choose to run away and Alta´r could choose to let them live. Ezio's taunts are clearly meant to provoke, though. Ezio knows insulting them will only make them more eager to attack and so he plans to kill them anyway.

Jexx21
10-30-2011, 07:57 AM

You can still taunt them IMO. Not insult them verbally but if you press circle on the PS3 or "B" on the Xbox 350 while holding your guard, Alta´r will point his left hand index finger at enemies. I loved doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, is that the high profile button? The open-hand button?

In other-words, phrase it in a way so that I as a PC player who uses a keyboard can understand.

EDIT: SixKeys, Altair was more prone to killing than Ezio was. Altair killed all of the heralds that he beat up to get information, while Ezio would of let them live (See ACB and the war machine missions where he has to beat up the engineers)

YHHTQ
10-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

You can still taunt them IMO. Not insult them verbally but if you press circle on the PS3 or "B" on the Xbox 350 while holding your guard, Alta´r will point his left hand index finger at enemies. I loved doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, is that the high profile button? The open-hand button?

In other-words, phrase it in a way so that I as a PC player who uses a keyboard can understand.

EDIT: SixKeys, Altair was more prone to killing than Ezio was. Altair killed all of the heralds that he beat up to get information, while Ezio would of let them live (See ACB and the war machine missions where he has to beat up the engineers) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's basically the high-profile button combined with the empty hand button, the one you usually use to push people away, either while walking or running.