PDA

View Full Version : have you seen the truman show?

raaaid
09-26-2005, 06:23 AM
yesterday when fernando alonso won the world championship something happened that could have been in that movie

people were celebrating and cheering right besides my home like 1000 people and something happened that i would appreciate someone would help to explain

the same moment people chearing appeared on my tv the crowd shouted 3 times louder and i heard them live so i ask my mom how they knew they were on tv, she said they turned the volume up on the tv

next time the comentator appeared for the first time and people shouted much louder again and the comentator said now people know we are live on tv

but my question is how people knew they were live on tv if the cameras were pointing at them all the time and there was no comentator?

have you seen the scene in truman show when theres a radio interference and hundreds of people take their hands to the ear?

raaaid
09-26-2005, 06:23 AM
yesterday when fernando alonso won the world championship something happened that could have been in that movie

people were celebrating and cheering right besides my home like 1000 people and something happened that i would appreciate someone would help to explain

the same moment people chearing appeared on my tv the crowd shouted 3 times louder and i heard them live so i ask my mom how they knew they were on tv, she said they turned the volume up on the tv

next time the comentator appeared for the first time and people shouted much louder again and the comentator said now people know we are live on tv

but my question is how people knew they were live on tv if the cameras were pointing at them all the time and there was no comentator?

have you seen the scene in truman show when theres a radio interference and hundreds of people take their hands to the ear?

Kuna15
09-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Trumman Show is a good movie, but it is sad and filled with decent dose of paranoia.

Heh... I didn't even know that F Alonso was the winner, I was too busy watching few football games of German Bundesliga and some others. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

han freak solo
09-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Somehow the croud senses it or is told what is about to happen. Also, there is usually a little red light that turns on which is mounted on a camera that people can see. When the light is on, the camera is active.

My only TV crowd experience was at a Willy Nelson concert in 1986 at the San Jacinto monument for the Texas Sesquicentennial (SP?).

The concert was televised. The concert was only active during actual airtime. For commercials the performers stopped and the crowd just kinda mellowed out. People on stage would sometimes clue us in when the cameras were about to send out a live feed.

Of course, that was a staged event, but we all got a feel for when the cameras were about to come back on.

Fliegeroffizier
09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Alonso won world Formula Championship......

The total Boredom of the sport as a result of new rules, etc, Killed it!!!!!

French cars s*ck.

What a shame!

Waldo.Pepper
09-27-2005, 12:26 AM
My problem with F1 has always (ok lately) been the following.

One year driver A is in car F... and he wins the world driving championship.

Next year driver A is in car B(ar)... and he can't finish a race - let alone win one.

Doesn't this prove that in F1, as it is currently formed, that it is the car and not the driver?

And also that the constructor that has the biggest wallet will win? So what is the point in watching if it is a forgone conclusion?

Grunherzjager
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
The GOOD F1 died for me when Senna/Prost/Mansell era ended. Not fun anymore.

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/co/colin-carter-mutual-respect-ayrton-senna-&-alain-prost-ltd-ed-850-shipped-in-protective-tube-lit.jpg

This was something to watch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ploughman
09-28-2005, 08:23 AM
That's about the last time I paid it much attention too, tragic how that era ended. Maybe I'll pay attention to this new A-1 thing they've got going.

ashley2005
09-28-2005, 08:44 AM
i browse the highlights but lat time i properly watched was when damon hill won the championship...after that it got boring

KGr.HH-Sunburst
09-30-2005, 08:50 AM
F1 days are over, the sport it self is fading, its the money that counts
next year we get F1's with V8 engines LOL
making it safer and more boring with all those rules.

BUT now we have the A1 grand prix which got it all, cool cars, no money involved, daring drivers
all the same car and engine
looking forward to the next race http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blottogg
09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
To answer the original posters question, in addition to the red broadcast lights on the cameras, many of these venues also have large television screens set up around the course with live TV feeds, to help the spectators keep track of the rest of the race. That was the setup at Indy when my wife and I went (not this year, thankfully.) The crowd shots get displayed along with the rest of the TV coverage.

Yeah, it's been a rather disappointing season so far. I'm glad Alonzo won instead of Kimi. Kimi's a great driver, I just can't sit though his monotone interviews. I'll be interested to see how my man Rubens does at BAR next year, as well as how the new engines, teams and tire arrangements work out. It could be interesting.

Hrannar
09-30-2005, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And also that the constructor that has the biggest wallet will win? So what is the point in watching if it is a forgone conclusion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ferrari is the constructor with the biggest wallet, and how did they do this year? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

goshikisen
09-30-2005, 11:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
My problem with F1 has always (ok lately) been the following.

One year driver A is in car F... and he wins the world driving championship.

Next year driver A is in car B(ar)... and he can't finish a race - let alone win one.

Doesn't this prove that in F1, as it is currently formed, that it is the car and not the driver?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a combination of car and driver... F1 is a team sport, all of the elements have to mesh in order to win the championship. A guy like Coulthard spent many seasons in a car that was more than capable of winning the world championship and he never did, despite having equipment that was equal to his teammate's.

I take it you are using Villeneuve as your example... and that is a pretty strong example of a bad career choice. If you look back a season or 2 prior to Jacques move to BAR you'll find Schumacher winning the WC with Benetton and subsequently Ferrari.

Car, Driver, Team, Budget, Reliability, Luck... all of these things come into play. I don't deny the car is a big factor but if it was the only factor you'd have teams hiring mediocre drivers for little money because their car would win the race... and that just doesn't happen.