PDA

View Full Version : ok its in my blood - i tried to leave but I couldn't shake it

reumatiib
04-06-2005, 08:44 AM
But the depth charges are still too weak. From my study years ago I remember that the average depth charge could seriously damage a sub from 50 yards out. I often take depth charges right off my sub in Sh3 and only spring leaks - and suffer no hull reduction.

Hopefully someone will make a mod to fix that. As yet I have NEVER been sunk by DD in sh3! I don't know how you guys are being sunk by them - unless you are all just really dumb.

Why am I back? Well I loaded the vitiman pack and now my stupid crew has gotten their own WWII mindset back. WWII mindset? I grew up under WWII men and worked for them in the work place most of my early life. Those guys would work themselves to death to get a job done. Their motto back then was: "get the job done - yesterday!", but today's generation has the motto: "we're working on it..." Big difference.
In wwII there were battles where fighting men fought for 3 to 4 days straight, with all they could muster, without sleep or food. The notion that we need a SIMS of the Sea format is silly and non-historical. Lower officers took care of duty rosters. Heck lower officers took care of torpedo plots. In Das Boot you see the captain calling out the range and so forth, but its his underlings who are at the map doing all the grunt work.

SH3 could, with a few upgrades - such as making the hydrophone man work better, turn into the most realistic U-boat game ever.

I suppose that is my hope - that with new mods and patches this game will finally shine as it should and indeed can.

reumatiib
04-06-2005, 08:44 AM
But the depth charges are still too weak. From my study years ago I remember that the average depth charge could seriously damage a sub from 50 yards out. I often take depth charges right off my sub in Sh3 and only spring leaks - and suffer no hull reduction.

Hopefully someone will make a mod to fix that. As yet I have NEVER been sunk by DD in sh3! I don't know how you guys are being sunk by them - unless you are all just really dumb.

Why am I back? Well I loaded the vitiman pack and now my stupid crew has gotten their own WWII mindset back. WWII mindset? I grew up under WWII men and worked for them in the work place most of my early life. Those guys would work themselves to death to get a job done. Their motto back then was: "get the job done - yesterday!", but today's generation has the motto: "we're working on it..." Big difference.
In wwII there were battles where fighting men fought for 3 to 4 days straight, with all they could muster, without sleep or food. The notion that we need a SIMS of the Sea format is silly and non-historical. Lower officers took care of duty rosters. Heck lower officers took care of torpedo plots. In Das Boot you see the captain calling out the range and so forth, but its his underlings who are at the map doing all the grunt work.

SH3 could, with a few upgrades - such as making the hydrophone man work better, turn into the most realistic U-boat game ever.

I suppose that is my hope - that with new mods and patches this game will finally shine as it should and indeed can.