PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm going to talk about the assassins. Not about the broken multiplayer or the short singleplayer.
But about the assassins.

I was disappointed by the assassins. They are kind of stupid when they could easily stealthy air kill someone. But what I was really disappointed about the customization. They are all the same color on the last level and I wanted to make one specialized on heavy weapons or stealth, one on swords, short swords and ranged. Like in the E3 trailers. And what happened to the guy which covers up his neck but keeps his face open.
And the way how they were VERY pointless. Only used for 2 VERY VERY VERY quick missions and used for one mission to get 100 sync.

What do you people think? I think they have a lot of potential but they ruined it.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Actually if the *player himself* is smart about using them....As one example, if you call assassins on a guard while they are near a hiding spot, the assassins will appear out of that hiding spot and assassinate them.

Those covered hut things on the roof? Every time I call assassins on a rooftop rifleman/archer near one of those, the assassins will stab them and drag them into it. Pretty smart in that case.

They have a lot of potential, but honestly I think it comes down to how the player uses them. When I want them to stealth kill, I tend to use them to successfully stealth kill without any real issue. When I just want an epic battle, I'm good about getting them to stick around and fight with me.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Actually if the *player himself* is smart about using them....As one example, if you call assassins on a guard while they are near a hiding spot, the assassins will appear out of that hiding spot and assassinate them.

Those covered hut things on the roof? Every time I call assassins on a rooftop rifleman/archer near one of those, the assassins will stab them and drag them into it. Pretty smart in that case.

They have a lot of potential, but honestly I think it comes down to how the player uses them. When I want them to stealth kill, I tend to use them to successfully stealth kill without any real issue. When I just want an epic battle, I'm good about getting them to stick around and fight with me.
That was just one point. And I was talking about this group of 4 guards. You know how their is usually just a group of 4 guards talking and their is a roof above them. I always call 4 assassins hoping to see 4 air kills but instead they come in with horses. Wtf?!

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
That one depends on your location - and actually I agree with you there. I hate when they ride up on horses because they are freaking stubborn about getting off of them.

But basically if you are pretty much in the countryside and not so much in the city, they'll ride up on horses. It's annoying, lol.

ratchet1106
11-23-2010, 11:03 PM
They could've definitely had more potential. The customization though I don't really care about as much and I've never had any problems with my Assassins accept for the horse. They have a tendency to knock me over >.> However when I had my first recruit reach the rank of Assassin I was in almost in tears I was so proud ;_;

Ookakiba
11-24-2010, 12:21 AM
The whole assassin recruit thing could have been improved greatly, that I agree with. I was also hoping for the E3 customization they stated, but oh well. Honestly, I find it amusing just launching arrow storms at guards XD.

Anybody else notice that their assassin guild is mostly women? o_0

wapikas
11-24-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah, I agree that lack of detailed customisation was litlle bit of disapointing but overall I liked assassins. If you want to do mission really stealthy only with your hidden blades and without assassins help you don't have to use them, or if you want them help you with stealthy sneeking, then with right use you can take out guards in strategical postitions. or they can just help you out when when you are in sticky situation and you don't have time to deal with guards. Like I was infiltrating one of the borgia towers and killed all the guards quietly around tower, and I was climbing on borgia tower and suddenly one of the guards who I had'nt killed noticed me, and I was already ****ed of that he will ruin mu stealthy infiltration but little ezio helper assassin took care of it before he could start shooting me and alert other guards.

MrLaneFox
11-24-2010, 05:27 AM
i agree to some points, but i think they were on the right track with the ideas they implemented, its badass when you call them, then 2 come flying in on horses and jump off for an air kill, then another situation they just come from a completely different direction, pop out of hay, off a roof.. i think its pretty sweet aside from the strage choice of customization options.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Ookakiba:
The whole assassin recruit thing could have been improved greatly, that I agree with. I was also hoping for the E3 customization they stated, but oh well. Honestly, I find it amusing just launching arrow storms at guards XD.

Anybody else notice that their assassin guild is mostly women? o_0
Mine's exactly 50/50 split, actually.

superbalex
11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
mines 100% women.. just because i wanted to try it out ;P in my first playthrough tho it was 50/50

jcoyle_hull
11-24-2010, 11:52 AM
The Assassins were a great concept but not greatly executed, i think there on track to getting them how they should be, the assassins when you call them the game should like freeze and you can plan how the assassins come in who they kill and where they go , also the contracts you should be able to plan them missions too, or if not some other way to get you involved with the contracts more maybe even the choice to go with them to these exotic locations like london, moscow etc.

anyone agree? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xsatanicjokerx
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
What was disapointing about them is that they had no back story let alone talking to them. It makes you not care if they die. In the next assassin's creed i hope there is Brotherhood missions so you can find more about them and actually care about each of them.

PhiIs1618033
11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
What was disapointing about them is that they had no back story let alone talking to them. It makes you not care if they die. In the next assassin's creed i hope there is Brotherhood missions so you can find more about them and actually care about each of them.
That was the sole thing that disappointed me. There was no backstory, at all. Meh, I guess I'll redo it slightly in a lucid dream or something.

alexgrimaudo_94
11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick1021:

I was disappointed by the assassins. They are kind of stupid when they could easily stealthy air kill someone. But what I was really disappointed about the customization. They are all the same color on the last level and I wanted to make one specialized on heavy weapons or stealth, one on swords, short swords and ranged. Like in the E3 trailers. And what happened to the guy which covers up his neck but keeps his face open.QUOTE

I agree completely. I feel like you need to be able to design your assassins. like, you need to be able to decide which assassin will have an axe, which will have a sword, which will have a big sword, which would focuse on ranged weapons, and what style each would have (ex: you should be able to decide if the specific assassin is stealthy, up-front and in your face, intelligent, uses hiding spots, etc.)

Colossus_1191
11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
It was a new concept so naturally it wasn't going to be perfect. Hopefully they just continue to add to the idea if they make more games. Overall though, it was pretty badass and really added to the stealth strategy if you wanted to go unnoticed.

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
What I really didn't like was the 100% sync. So many times I would have seen it way more fun and cooler killing a target with my assassin while I fight off the guards, but to get 100% sync I had to kill the target wit the hidden blade.

jcoyle_hull
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
100% sync was a way to make the game harder for players who want more of a challenge,

Radman500
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
h

hopefully they will implement better ideas for AC3

True_Assassin92
11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
What I didn't like is the fact that there are barely any papal guards you have to deal with. All the other guards are pretty easy and also I missed the scene of the E3 trailer.

I would've loved it to be in the game... too bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Coyleyy:
100% sync was a way to make the game harder for players who want more of a challenge,
Sure, but it doesn't make it more fun. To make it harder they could of just added more guards, not ruin the gameplay.

tjbyrum1
11-24-2010, 03:14 PM
How can you say something is wrong with them when they have JUST NOW been put into an AC game? It isn't like they 'broke' anything. They delivered.

Short Single Player because they put in more stuff and the Multiplayer

How can you brake something like Multiplayer when you cannot compare it to past multiplayer on AC?

Maybe its just me and my views.

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
How can you say something is wrong with them when they have JUST NOW been put into an AC game? It isn't like they 'broke' anything. They delivered.

Short Single Player because they put in more stuff and the Multiplayer

How can you brake something like Multiplayer when you cannot compare it to past multiplayer on AC?

Maybe its just me and my views.
They kind of mislead me with the assassins. The commercial in E3 made me so hyped because I thought I could give them different weapons and that I would actually have an epic fight with them. And they had sooo much potential with them but they kind of failed.

And a thing can be broken when it has a lot of bugs. Maybe it's lag, maybe it's a hacker, maybe it's a bug. But so many times I tried stunning my pursuer when he is killing my teamate and I spam b and it won't stun him and he just kills me.
And a lot of times I pressed x to kill my target and he just "dodges" it like as if he threw a smoke bomb and he just stuns me. But the thing was he didn't throw a smoke bomb. Maybe it was lag but I doubt it.

Sadiztic666
11-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah Ive been having that problem too. I spam B to stun and it doesnt work and I get killed. Also, its very disappointing you need to lock target first because if you are standing in a circle of NPC's and panning and see a guy coming from behind you, you have to turn, target, then stun, and all he has to do is press X. You should be able to just press B as you turn and stun him. Also, whats with the reversals? Its like the WWE out there soemtimes. Ill clearly press B first to stun, and the enemy will knock my hand away then kill me. Ive never done that when ive tried to execute someone, how do you reverse people?

http://talesofvanity.blogspot.com

shadowoflax2
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
The assassins are not needed at all. While a fun addition, they ruin the difficulty. I stopped using them, and fought through the whole second half of the game with only fists to make it a tad harder.

I agree entirely on the lack of customization being a dropped ball. They needed to allow the player to customize his/her assassins as they saw fit. Instead of having twelve people that all look the same minus a haircut. They looked more unique before you upgrade them to assassins. The lack of customization is appalling.