PDA

View Full Version : OT Serious Q What to do with old games...



Waldo.Pepper
07-07-2004, 05:19 PM
I have rotting on the shelf...

Chuck Yeager's air Combat.
Knight of the Sky
Tornado
Falcon 3.0
Aces over Europ Aces of the Pacific
CFS 1 and 2
Birds of Prey


OK so I don't want to throw them out and I never ever will play them again.... so what do you do with this old ****!?

Waldo.Pepper
07-07-2004, 05:19 PM
I have rotting on the shelf...

Chuck Yeager's air Combat.
Knight of the Sky
Tornado
Falcon 3.0
Aces over Europ Aces of the Pacific
CFS 1 and 2
Birds of Prey


OK so I don't want to throw them out and I never ever will play them again.... so what do you do with this old ****!?

Huxley_S
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
ebay

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_huxli.jpg (http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap)

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

WTE_Galway
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
donate them to orphanages in third world countries

Hoarmurath
07-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Install them and play them...

http://hoarmurath.free.fr/images/sighoar.jpg (http://hoarmurath.free.fr/)

buz13
07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Save them like you should have saved your old baseball cards.......in 50 years they will be worth a fortune.

Owlsphone
07-07-2004, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buz13:
Save them like you should have saved your old baseball cards.......in 50 years they will be worth a fortune.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either that or they will be totally worthless... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Owlsphone/Sig.jpg
Vertically challenged since 1984.

VOL_Hans
07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Burn those onto a CD ASAP!!!

Save that data, you never know...

Save the disks, but especially boxes and manuals if you have them. I've still got the entire Falcon3.0 series here.

http://www.altitude.us/missions/The%20Volunteers/hanssig.jpg

Monson74
07-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Keep them. You never know for sure - sometimes my girlfriend & I set up my ancient C64 & have a blast playing International Karate or Artillery Duel http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I've even started a new game of Pirates one summer & played it for months. For sentimental reasons I keep all the games I've bought. It's like the music you listened to when you were young - brings back sweet memories. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

S!

Monson


"The Zerst├┬Ârers will form an offensive circle." - G├┬Âring

x6BL_Brando
07-08-2004, 04:00 AM
CD-roms make great bird-scarers. String a few up across a newly-seeded lawn or your young lettuces or whatever, and the shiny discs will scare away the vulching hordes. You can then sit down and enjoy a beer, using CFS3 as a coaster. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dadada1
07-08-2004, 04:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owlsphone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buz13:
Save them like you should have saved your old baseball cards.......in 50 years they will be worth a fortune.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either that or they will be totally worthless... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Owlsphone/Sig.jpg
Vertically challenged since 1984.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CFS 3 is already worthless.

Nanuk66
07-08-2004, 04:55 AM
I find the best thing to use these old games for is skinning up on while playing IL2. Then you keep all the mess together and dont get baccy on the floor.

Its a win/win situation.

christopher65
07-08-2004, 05:35 AM
what do you mean,skinning up????? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/christopher65/me109_f.jpg

(FIN)-Cowboy
07-08-2004, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
what do you mean,skinning up????? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wears those old cd's to scare off the carrion birds who might think that someone who's crouched over the keyboard for ten hours straight is dead.

--
Finland Red, Egypt White

Slush69
07-08-2004, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by (FIN)-Cowboy:

--
Finland Red, Egypt White
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone's been listening to Sisters of Mercy. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

cheers/slush

http://www.wilcks.dk/lort/Eurotrolls.gif

bazzaah2
07-08-2004, 06:47 AM
lol http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif

take em to a charidy shop.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_05.gif

Crashing online as :FI:SpinyNorman

Venom079
07-08-2004, 07:12 AM
I would donate them if you think you won't play them anymore. If not, keep the one's you really liked and hold on to them...

Bearcat99
07-08-2004, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buz13:
Save them like you should have saved your old baseball cards.......in 50 years they will be worth a fortune.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL In 50 years there may not be a comuter around capable of running them.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/bookstore/tuskegeebondposter.jpg (http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat)[/list]
UDQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html) | HYPERLOBBY (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/) | Sturmovik Essentials (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=51910959) | MUDMOVERS (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)

IMMERSION BABY!!

Monson74
07-08-2004, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buz13:
Save them like you should have saved your old baseball cards.......in 50 years they will be worth a fortune.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL In 50 years there may not be a comuter around capable of running them.

http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html_vflyer@comcast.net_ http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat
http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html | http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/ | http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=51910959 | http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm

_IMMERSION BABY!!_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can run C64 games on a PC - why not run PC games on a whatever they are called in 50 years?

S!

Monson


"The Zerst├┬Ârers will form an offensive circle." - G├┬Âring

SeaFireLIV
07-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Strange, you`d think some guys could think for themselves....

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/Yakgirlgo.jpg
Time to Escape!

Want to see more? go here: http://seafire.dreyermachine.com/
(Fantasy sections for mature viewers only).

christopher65
07-08-2004, 11:10 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Wheres the fun in thinking for yourself???The wife(now ex-wife)used todo all of my thinking for me-made life soooooo simple!!!!!!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/christopher65/me109_f.jpg

jeroen_R90S
07-08-2004, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Wheres the fun in thinking for yourself???The wife(now ex-wife)used todo all of my thinking for me-made life soooooo simple!!!!!!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/christopher65/me109_f.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, that's why people vote for egoistic maniacal dicators as well -don't have to think once he/she has seized controle!

In the future we'll have computers to replace the dictators : http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

Jeroen

==============================
Ah you LaGG, my lightened LaGG,
why don't you wish to fly?
Over the wild Black Sea water
your cockpit you made me leave.

Monson74
07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroen_R90S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Wheres the fun in thinking for yourself???The wife(now ex-wife)used todo all of my thinking for me-made life soooooo simple!!!!!!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/christopher65/me109_f.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, that's why people vote for egoistic maniacal dicators as well -don't have to think once he/she has seized controle!

In the future we'll have computers to replace the dictators : http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

Jeroen

==============================
Ah you LaGG, my lightened LaGG,
why don't you wish to fly?
Over the wild Black Sea water
your cockpit you made me leave.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I live in the future... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

S!

Monson


"The Zerst├┬Ârers will form an offensive circle." - G├┬Âring

leadbaloon
07-08-2004, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

Wheres the fun in thinking for yourself???The wife(now ex-wife)used todo all of my thinking for me-made life soooooo simple!!!!!!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a fine balance though isn't it. While on the one hand I get all my thinking done for me (sweeeeet), occasionaly I have to turn off FB and give mine some attention, otherwise she'll be off and I'll have to learn to think for myself all over again. I don't know how I'd cope; we've only been married three years, but my ability to think independently has receded so far that I'd probably forget to eat.