PDA

View Full Version : problem with 4.05 download!

PikeBishop
07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Dear All,
I've already go through to Ubisoft on this one but they don't seem to be of much help so far. The problem is: I downloaded the addon onto a friends computer and made a mistake when putting the code in. It said that there was a problem and asked to download again which we did. When we activated this download Boontybox went through all the sequence and said that the game was unlocked.....except that when we click on the icon it still starts up as 4.01.
Do I remove the other two Boonty boxes before attempting another download. Or can I simply paste my exe file over his, since the game is probably there but it has just cocked the last bit up??
Best regards,
SLP

PikeBishop
07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Dear All,
I've already go through to Ubisoft on this one but they don't seem to be of much help so far. The problem is: I downloaded the addon onto a friends computer and made a mistake when putting the code in. It said that there was a problem and asked to download again which we did. When we activated this download Boontybox went through all the sequence and said that the game was unlocked.....except that when we click on the icon it still starts up as 4.01.
Do I remove the other two Boonty boxes before attempting another download. Or can I simply paste my exe file over his, since the game is probably there but it has just cocked the last bit up??
Best regards,
SLP

slipBall
07-28-2006, 02:43 AM
There was a great guide up with pic's, I can't find it, was gonna give you the link. What I did was use win. explorer to find the il2-pe2.exe file, I made a copy, and put it in a safe place, then I double clicked the original il2-pe2.exe to install 4.05, after that I uninstalled boonty. Hope this helps a little

PikeBishop
07-28-2006, 03:09 AM
sorry....that should read 4.04, not 4.01.
SLP