PDA

View Full Version : About a movie I found on one my VHS...

Vuco1
06-27-2005, 02:55 PM
It is a very old movie, actually my brother claims that is one of the first ww2 made movies. Anyway the story follows one of the early B17 (yes that one whit small rudder) named MaryJane which is one of those B17 which were due to arrive in Pearl Harbor on the ...
It obtuse that the movie is an propaganda material and watching it from today's perspective it fits nice in the comedy banshee (together whit Top Shots).I mean, the seams of local Japanese population of Hawaii attacking Americans and thought American soldiers shooting down zeros holding the entire 0.50 mg whit their hands, or B17 bombing and actually hitting Japanese ships from some 3000 m of altitude cant look like something more than a comedy.
Not to mention that all characters act and behave like they are a bunch of 10 years old.

Anyway someone who recorded this film, a long time ago, at my house pushed the REC button to late so I couldn't see the title of it, and I'm going to ask some of the older guys here do they remember the name of the movie.

Vuco1
06-27-2005, 02:55 PM
It is a very old movie, actually my brother claims that is one of the first ww2 made movies. Anyway the story follows one of the early B17 (yes that one whit small rudder) named MaryJane which is one of those B17 which were due to arrive in Pearl Harbor on the ...
It obtuse that the movie is an propaganda material and watching it from today's perspective it fits nice in the comedy banshee (together whit Top Shots).I mean, the seams of local Japanese population of Hawaii attacking Americans and thought American soldiers shooting down zeros holding the entire 0.50 mg whit their hands, or B17 bombing and actually hitting Japanese ships from some 3000 m of altitude cant look like something more than a comedy.
Not to mention that all characters act and behave like they are a bunch of 10 years old.

Anyway someone who recorded this film, a long time ago, at my house pushed the REC button to late so I couldn't see the title of it, and I'm going to ask some of the older guys here do they remember the name of the movie.

Waldo.Pepper
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
During the course of the movie does the crew make a field mod of the B17 by adding a 30cal into the tail of the aircraft themselves?

lkemling
06-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Well,I've seen video of G.Is handfiring a Browning 30.Caliber machine gun ....And SGT Rock could do a 50 cal. in the dell comics,But frankly I wouldn't want to heft that big s.o.b and try'n hit anything wit it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Aces_High_2
06-28-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi,

I think the film that you mention is called "Air Force" and was made in 1943. The name of the B-17 was "Mary Ann".

Regards

Aces

PS. No I'm not that $""! old http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vuco1
06-28-2005, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
During the course of the movie does the crew make a field mod of the B17 by adding a 30cal into the tail of the aircraft themselves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and if I remember good at the begginig of PF dewelopment I asked for that feild mod.

Waldo.Pepper
06-28-2005, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">think the film that you mention is called "Air Force" and was made in 1943. The name of the B-17 was "Mary Ann". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aces is right be sure. It is Air Force.

The following is from IMDB about Air Force...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035616/

The crew's field-modifying the pre-G-series B-17 to equip it with an effective tail gun, (and stripping hulks for usable parts!)

Saunders1953
06-28-2005, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SGT Rock </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ate those comics up. You can have your Batman, Fantastic Four, Superman, whatever, real kids devoured Sgt. Rock. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Obi_Kwiet
06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Sgt. Rock was over modeled. And he "earned his stripes" about 7,000 different ways. :-p