PDA

View Full Version : THE XIV ALMOST HERE...SHOW YOUR LOVE!!!



TheStriker_p51d
03-27-2005, 10:16 PM
SIGN THIS BABY IF U WANT IT!!!

VW-IceFire
03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
For your sake...you'd better hope its actually flyable.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 01:36 AM
http://www.mattel.com/our_toys/barbieComp.jpg

F19_Olli72
03-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Good good, blue pilots already panicing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

F0_Dark_P
03-28-2005, 02:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Nahoj/AchtungSpitfire.jpg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hristos
03-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Hmm, maybe Oleg should model some AI to assist our Spit pilots ?

I mean, every time a Spit pilot wants to follow a blue plane to blue AAA and die a miserable death, the AI should take over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Ah, the usual comments from the little pantsy Hristos.

Why am I not surprised at all.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Someone should change his diaper more often so he doesn't cry for attention all the time over here.

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 02:50 AM
The death is coming, the death is coming! Beware Blue Boys! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Hristos
03-28-2005, 02:50 AM
FYI, my parents use this :
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0965695573.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Think about it next time you dance inside blue AAA only to disconnect when hit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hristos
03-28-2005, 02:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
The death is coming, the death is coming! Beware Blue Boys! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's make a bet. After a week of introduction to Warclouds, I'd say it will have a K/D below 1.0 against Fw 190A-9.

Sto kazes ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 02:58 AM
LMAO, I never follow anyone in an AAA death trap. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

And I think your parents failed to understand that book properly since your attention crying is way to obvious to overlook it.

Besides, we already saw what character type you are with your whining when soneone shoots you down.
Maybe you should keep the honor to yourself and disconnect instead of acting like a little cry baby when someone got the better of you.

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Moze!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I agree. Everyone will take the new Spit for a spin, including complete newbs such as my self and will have their a$$es handed to them because they'll meet an experienced player in almost every FW 190.

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
Moze!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I agree. Everyone will take the new Spit for a spin, including complete newbs such as my self and will have their a$$es handed to them because they'll meet an experienced player in almost every FW 190. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be careful if I was you.
Logic may fry Hristos brain if you lay it out all at once.
Better feed it to him in small portions next time before he turns into a complete vegetable.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Yea, my parents do not speak English, might have something to do with diaper procedures learned. And the book lacks photos.

Last I've heard Spit pilots get new diapers every sortie. No wonder they are so eager to die in this sim.

My friend, I'm afraid XIV won't change much. You'll just arrive to AAA nest faster than with previous Marks.

If I ever meet a smart Spit pilot, I promise I will not strafe his chute. Really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 03:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:


I would be careful if I was you.
Logic may fry Hristos brain if you lay it out all at once.
Better feed it to him in small portions next time before he turns into a complete vegetable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, now, I'm known to be able to outsmart Spit pilots in this sim.

Not that it represents any significant level of intelligence, but still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:


I would be careful if I was you.
Logic may fry Hristos brain if you lay it out all at once.
Better feed it to him in small portions next time before he turns into a complete vegetable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, now, I'm known to be able to outsmart Spit pilots in this sim.

Not that it represents any significant level of intelligence, but still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For your sake I hope you can put your money where your mouth is. I'm sure there will be a bunch of Spitfire pilots looking out for you now.

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 03:38 AM
He is just the average Luftbragger that lacks common sence when it comes to everything other then acting like an idiot.

Here is a comment from someone who knows Hristos from the Aces High days.

"I met Hristo twice online in Aces High.

The first time was my first time online. He shot me down, then came back to kill my chute.

The second time, I managed to shoot him down in a front quarter attack. He whined it was a head on (it wasn't, he wasn't close to a guns solution on me, I was just lucky to come across him in a good situation), but he whined most because I was in a Tempest, which he called a dweeb plane, because it was a late war cannon fighter.

He was in Dora, but didn't see any irony in it at all."

So all he has is a big mouth and blames his short commings and/or mistakes to the type of plane that was used against him.
I even bet that when he is flying his beloved Dora and someone in a Hurricane MKI shoots him down he will whine about the Hurricane and call it names like Dweebcane or Noobcane.

Yes, he really shows character.....

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
He is just the average Luftbragger that lacks common sence when it comes to everything other then acting like an idiot.

Yes, he really shows character..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it's pretty obvious from his posts here.

NorrisMcWhirter
03-28-2005, 03:44 AM
Ding ding, seconds out round two.

I think it's equal on points at the moment with Hristos scoring double because it's two on one.

Maybe someone will go for the knockout?

Norris

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 04:01 AM
Ah, I was wondering what was keeping Norris McWhiner to back up his boyfriend.

He is also famous for crapping in Spitfire threads with stupid comments and half thruths in his crusade to convice Oleg that the Spitfire was a poorly designed plane that could only win battles against the mighty 109's and 190's with numerical superiority.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 04:09 AM
Nubby, you take this far too seriosuly. Enjoy your XIV and stop whining. I even considered to stop posting because it seems to hurt your little Spit feelings. All I wanted was to help you. Really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Don't be so obsessed with me. I mean, I'm not some celebrity or politician so you go through my garbage to dig interesting stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Everyone should have his late war ride. You your Spit XIV and Tempest, me my Me 262. Fair play.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:


For your sake I hope you can put your money where your mouth is. I'm sure there will be a bunch of Spitfire pilots looking out for you now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has been so for as long as I remember. Just makes flying more interesting.

Back in 2000 or 2001 there was a price on my virtual head put up by certain AH members. I was worth 30$ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Oh, the memories

http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/cwharton/sbm/rumble2001/rumbleposter.jpg


On a side note, I've just found URL of virtual RAF 303 squadron. Great site !

http://www.raf303.org

Maybe 332nd RAF Squadron should follow 303rd RAF Squadron steps ?

anarchy52
03-28-2005, 04:19 AM
Those that get shot down in Spit IX will get shot down in Spit XIV just the same.
And if you put it against Me-262...

ImpStarDuece
03-28-2005, 04:40 AM
A lot of you people have WAY to much time on your hands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Couldn't agree more. At least I only take digs at people to wind 'em up! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
Nubby, you take this far too seriosuly. Enjoy your XIV and stop whining. I even considered to stop posting because it seems to hurt your little Spit feelings. All I wanted was to help you. Really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Don't be so obsessed with me. I mean, I'm not some celebrity or politician so you go through my garbage to dig interesting stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Everyone should have his late war ride. You your Spit XIV and Tempest, me my Me 262. Fair play. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yawn, more pompous blabbering and self importance chest pounding by Hristos the Luftbragger.
Even here he keeps on seeking the blame in others instead of himself.

What a joke.

Hristos
03-28-2005, 05:26 AM
OK, OK, I see you need to calm down.

Visit www.raf303.org (http://www.raf303.org) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Hmmm, it's a bit obvious y'know.

And people can always point out that it was you who found the link!

Nubarus
03-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Tells enough about him to post links like that on this board.

A little sexually frustrated pervered with a tiny tool.

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Can't see what the fuss is meself - I'd have thought that all would be in agreement that a shiny new Spit was a good thing.

Fun to fly, fun to pit your skill against - fun for everyone!

Hristos
03-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Exactly, Spit XIV is nice plane and very needed.

Strange how, every time I mention it, I get personal attacks and insults from certain Spit types.

Should i say that Spit XIV is bad and not needed ? I believe same person would again personally attack me. Some people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Spit is nice:
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A610.jpg
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A%20612.jpg
http://store1.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_1837_7538755

also, a nice URL
http://www.pinkproducts.co.uk/page/pinkproducts/PROD/transportcufflinks/901149

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm happy to see any new warbirds, even if they were the Fairey Battle and Breda 88!

Come to think of it, they might be a laugh.....

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Dude, seek professional help!

First Viagra, and now pink dresses. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 06:22 AM
I like wearing pink dresses. They show off my knees so well!

Hristos
03-28-2005, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
Dude, seek professional help!

First Viagra, and now pink dresses. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are modern times, you can't blame him.

So what if someone wears a pink dress and paints his plane pink ? So what if a whole RAF Squadron turned into ***** enlargement pill agents ?

Spit XIV is still a good plane.

LStarosta
03-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Hristos, didn't you get banned for posting kiddie porn on these forums?

Hristos
03-28-2005, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Hristos, didn't you get banned for posting kiddie porn on these forums? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it was a cartoon of a Do 335.

One more insinuation like this and I'll have to report you.

LStarosta
03-28-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Hristos, didn't you get banned for posting kiddie porn on these forums? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it was a cartoon of a Do 335.

One more insinuation like this and I'll have to report you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mistake. I could've sworn it was screwing a 10 year old kid...

Viking-S
03-28-2005, 07:17 AM
http://www.odyssey.dircon.co.uk/Spitfire14v190.htm


€œSPITFIRE XIV VERSUS FW 190A
Maximum Speed: From 0-5,000 feet [0-1525 metres] and between 15,000-20,000 feet
[4573-6100 metres] the Spitfire XIV is only 20 mph [32 km/hr] faster than the FW190;
at all other heights it is up to 60 mph [97 km/hr] faster.
Maximum Climb: The Spitfire XIV has a considerably greater rate of climb at all altitudes.
Dive: After the initial part of the dive, during which the FW 190 gains slightly, the Spitfire XIV has a slight advantage.
Turning Circle: The Spitfire XIV can easily turn inside the FW 190. In the case of a right-hand turn, this difference is not so pronounced.
Rate of Roll: The FW 190 is very much better.
Conclusions: In defence, the Spitfire XIV should us its remarkable maximum climb and turning circle against enemy aircraft. In the attack it can affort to 'mix it' but should beware of the quick roll and dive.
If this manoeuvre is used by a FW190 and the Spitfire XIV follows, it will probably not be able to close the range until the FW190 has pulled out of its dive.€


Takes a better 190 pilot to outmanoeuvre the XIV .

anarchy52
03-28-2005, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viking-S:
http://www.odyssey.dircon.co.uk/Spitfire14v190.htm


€œSPITFIRE XIV VERSUS FW 190A
Maximum Speed: From 0-5,000 feet [0-1525 metres] and between 15,000-20,000 feet
[4573-6100 metres] the Spitfire XIV is only 20 mph [32 km/hr] faster than the FW190;
at all other heights it is up to 60 mph [97 km/hr] faster.
Maximum Climb: The Spitfire XIV has a considerably greater rate of climb at all altitudes.
Dive: After the initial part of the dive, during which the FW 190 gains slightly, the Spitfire XIV has a slight advantage.
Turning Circle: The Spitfire XIV can easily turn inside the FW 190. In the case of a right-hand turn, this difference is not so pronounced.
Rate of Roll: The FW 190 is very much better.
Conclusions: In defence, the Spitfire XIV should us its remarkable maximum climb and turning circle against enemy aircraft. In the attack it can affort to 'mix it' but should beware of the quick roll and dive.
If this manoeuvre is used by a FW190 and the Spitfire XIV follows, it will probably not be able to close the range until the FW190 has pulled out of its dive.€
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

190A3 vs Spit XIV. Might as well put 109E4 and say how superior Spit is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

robban75
03-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Not even the powerful XIV could dive with the Fw 190A. Strange then that the IX has no problem hanging with it in the game.

And I don't mean that the IX is the one the needs fixing here.

NorrisMcWhirter
03-28-2005, 07:52 AM
tsk, tsk, "Nob"arus - no need to get shirty. I wasn't even taking sides but since you've started...

I actually don't mind the Spitfire now that it's crygoenic cooling has been removed. As I said, I grew up with it as I come from the same town as it's designer meaning I would be hard pressed to dislike it.

Good try, though, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, moving swiftly on...I'd very much like for you to point out in what threads I suggested that the Spitfire was a "poorly designed plane that could only win battles against the mighty 109's and 190's with numerical superiority."

Or is that an invention of your own again, Noobarus?

Love and kisses,
Norris

VW-IceFire
03-28-2005, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robban75:
Not even the powerful XIV could dive with the Fw 190A. Strange then that the IX has no problem hanging with it in the game.

And I don't mean that the IX is the one the needs fixing here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, there's a little trouble with the game engine. A6Ms can dive with Wildcats, Spitfires can dive with FW190s...were not talking about a specifically Spitfire problem like so many would like to make it out.

XIV does dive faster than the IX according to tactical trials but you're right, the FW should maintain the edge by a fairly large margin.

That said...Pierre Closterman did chase a FW190 from high alt right down onto the deck and shot him down in a IX. FW190 was probably an A-6.

NorrisMcWhirter
03-28-2005, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robban75:
Not even the powerful XIV could dive with the Fw 190A. Strange then that the IX has no problem hanging with it in the game.

And I don't mean that the IX is the one the needs fixing here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, there's a little trouble with the game engine. A6Ms can dive with Wildcats, Spitfires can dive with FW190s...were not talking about a specifically Spitfire problem like so many would like to make it out.

XIV does dive faster than the IX according to tactical trials but you're right, the FW should maintain the edge by a fairly large margin.

That said...Pierre Closterman did chase a FW190 from high alt right down onto the deck and shot him down in a IX. FW190 was probably an A-6. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which page is that on? I remember him chasing a 109 down (near Scotland) but don't recall the 190 incident.

Cheers,
Norris

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
That said...Pierre Closterman did chase a FW190 from high alt right down onto the deck and shot him down in a IX. FW190 was probably an A-6. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were not ordinary Spit IX, if my memory serbes me well. I think Closterman called them "Stratos" or something.

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 08:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
Dude, seek professional help!

First Viagra, and now pink dresses. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are modern times, you can't blame him.

So what if someone wears a pink dress and paints his plane pink ? So what if a whole RAF Squadron turned into ***** enlargement pill agents ?

Spit XIV is still a good plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't referring to Medvedya, I was referring to you.

OK, you like Spit XIV - it's the Spit pilots that bug you, right?

PF_Coastie
03-28-2005, 08:04 AM
LOL, Three pages of wasted talk.

There will be NO FLYABLE MK XIV!

Jasko76
03-28-2005, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PF_Coastie:


There will be NO FLYABLE MK XIV! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Partypooper! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

ploughman
03-28-2005, 08:23 AM
What's the point of having an AI Spit XIV?

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 09:33 AM
indeed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

anarchy52
03-28-2005, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PF_Coastie:
LOL, Three pages of wasted talk.

There will be NO FLYABLE MK XIV! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people migh commit suicide http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
last hope of becoming an ace (or at least kill/kia > 1) gone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

carguy_
03-28-2005, 10:13 AM
I guess the whole SpitXIV excitement is about late war combat.Unless the stall speed of Me109 is changed the Spitfire will lose 1v1 engagements.

Changing stall speed to 170kph would create a BIG problem for all late Me109.Right now a good pilot can hold on his won against a Spit.

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
I guess the whole SpitXIV excitement is about late war combat.Unless the stall speed of Me109 is changed the Spitfire will lose 1v1 engagements.

Changing stall speed to 170kph would create a BIG problem for all late Me109.Right now a good pilot can hold on his won against a Spit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, its only 20 or 30kph higher than a zero... which has like half the wing loading..

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 10:30 AM
109k4 50% fuel, open rad, power off stall at near sl 130-140kph ias

zero 21 (lightest? zero) with 25% fuel 110-120 ias near sl

i chose those fuel amounts as they are average dogfight server amounts for the respective planes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 10:40 AM
spit 8 cw and lfIX cw stall around 130ias

spit vb cw stalls around 110

anarchy52
03-28-2005, 10:48 AM
all speed TAS and 25% fuel. Not trimmed, power off then trying to keep the nose up until stall occurs.
Test is not accurate since planes probably stalled at different AoA and my stick isn't perfect (or my stick) but can be an illustration of relative stall performance

Try P-47 100% fuel + extra ammo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 205km/h
with 25% fuel 195km/h
P-51 176km/h
F4-U 176km/h
IL-2M3 155km/h (khmm....)
La-73B20 160km/h
YP-80 unstallable!!! (managed to do 165km/h then with full elevators just kept sinking and gaining speed - propably would have to use trim to stall it)
109G6 156km/h
Zero 1940 135km/h
109F4 164km/h
109K4 166km/h
Spit mkV 142km/h
B-25 189km/h
Ki431a 126km/h
P-39Q10 153km/h (very gentle?!?!)
Spit mkIX 160km/h
FW-190D945 202km/h
FW-190A8 (default) 198km/h
FW-190A6 (default) 189km/h
Me-262A1 unstallable!!! (managed to do 203km/h then it started gaining speed with full elevator deflection)
Me-163 202km/h (the most violent stall encountered)
He-162 176km/h
Bf-110G2 180km/h
P-38L 164km/h (!)
P-63 155km/h


Strangely...P-38 and P-63 stalled but recovered with aileron input and then managed to do higher AoA before stalling obtaining lower stall speeds (my guess their drag is severely undermodelled as they obviously zoom climbed at speeds 10km/h over their stall speed)
First stall P-38 stalled at about 180km/h P-63 about 165km/h.
Most convincing stalls were by P-39, P-63 and P-38 gentle nose down and sliding while most others had "banana peel (tm)" wiolent snap stalls achieving roll rates that would put F-16 to shame. I feel some of them might have performed much better if I had managed to keep them from rolling (spit, LaGG-3)

I think 109 does not have overmodelled stalll compared to other planes what it does have is excellent aileron control right to the stall speed which is historically correct.

We'll see what happens with the new FM until then enjoy the banana peel stalls.

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PF_Coastie:
LOL, Three pages of wasted talk. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noooo, there should be a 30 kilometre radius 'No Stats' exclusion zone. All stats and figures are to be contained in lead lined, stainless steel caissons, and stored in giant water tanks at Sellafield.

ploughman
03-28-2005, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Noooo, there should be a 30 kilometre radius 'No Stats' exclusion zone. All stats and figures are to be contained in lead lined, stainless steel caissons, and stored in giant water tanks at Sellafield. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they did that they'd wash up on a beach in Ireland two weeks later. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BuzzU
03-28-2005, 11:43 AM
If you use chew, you'll Spit a lot.

LStarosta
03-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I prefer to swallow.

Though, really, it's a matter of weight ratios.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/holygrail1.jpg

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:

If they did that they'd wash up on a beach in Ireland two weeks later. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry! I've told the technician in no uncertain terms that they're all to go into the specially designed tanks, not the sewage outflow - he's not working at Chernobyl now!

Uzol
03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Whoopie... another over-modelled uber Spit UFO for the kiddies to play with.

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anarchy52:
all speed TAS and 25% fuel. Not trimmed, power off then trying to keep the nose up until stall occurs.
Test is not accurate since planes probably stalled at different AoA and my stick isn't perfect (or my stick) but can be an illustration of relative stall performance

Try P-47 100% fuel + extra ammo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 205km/h
with 25% fuel 195km/h
P-51 176km/h
F4-U 176km/h
IL-2M3 155km/h (khmm....)
La-73B20 160km/h
YP-80 unstallable!!! (managed to do 165km/h then with full elevators just kept sinking and gaining speed - propably would have to use trim to stall it)
109G6 156km/h
Zero 1940 135km/h
109F4 164km/h
109K4 166km/h
Spit mkV 142km/h
B-25 189km/h
Ki431a 126km/h
P-39Q10 153km/h (very gentle?!?!)
Spit mkIX 160km/h
FW-190D945 202km/h
FW-190A8 (default) 198km/h
FW-190A6 (default) 189km/h
Me-262A1 unstallable!!! (managed to do 203km/h then it started gaining speed with full elevator deflection)
Me-163 202km/h (the most violent stall encountered)
He-162 176km/h
Bf-110G2 180km/h
P-38L 164km/h (!)
P-63 155km/h


Strangely...P-38 and P-63 stalled but recovered with aileron input and then managed to do higher AoA before stalling obtaining lower stall speeds (my guess their drag is severely undermodelled as they obviously zoom climbed at speeds 10km/h over their stall speed)
First stall P-38 stalled at about 180km/h P-63 about 165km/h.
Most convincing stalls were by P-39, P-63 and P-38 gentle nose down and sliding while most others had "banana peel (tm)" wiolent snap stalls achieving roll rates that would put F-16 to shame. I feel some of them might have performed much better if I had managed to keep them from rolling (spit, LaGG-3)

I think 109 does not have overmodelled stalll compared to other planes what it does have is excellent aileron control right to the stall speed which is historically correct.

We'll see what happens with the new FM until then enjoy the banana peel stalls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice tests
see how k4 stalls at same speed as f4? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Of course you have expect some background leakage into the surrounding environment.......

anarchy52
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
nice tests
see how k4 stalls at same speed as f4? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I said...stall speeds seem off on most planes and the test is not very scientific (lots of subjective influences). It's very hard to keep most of the planes from rolling. 109 does have the advantage of aileron effectiveness at low speed.

BTW notice that B25 has lower stall speed then focke-wulf?

F19_Olli72
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uzol:
Whoopie... another over-modelled uber Spit UFO for the kiddies to play with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an utterly worthless first post, it would be funny...if it wasnt so sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BuzzU
03-28-2005, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uzol:
Whoopie... another over-modelled uber Spit UFO for the kiddies to play with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an utterly worthless first post, it would be funny...if it wasnt so sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's just a troll. He registered 4 minutes before that post.

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, it is unique in managing to fit so many hackneyed terms in just one sentence!


Or is it.........

VW-IceFire
03-28-2005, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PF_Coastie:
LOL, Three pages of wasted talk.

There will be NO FLYABLE MK XIV! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No offense...but unless you're on the beta testing team, its hard to say if the XIV is flyable or not, so how do you know? I'm not sure if Nyme squeaked in under the deadline or not. Oleg seemed pretty comitted at getting this plane in.

VW-IceFire
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
That said...Pierre Closterman did chase a FW190 from high alt right down onto the deck and shot him down in a IX. FW190 was probably an A-6. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were not ordinary Spit IX, if my memory serbes me well. I think Closterman called them "Stratos" or something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, at that time he was flying a Mark IX-B as he called it (which is a LF IX...but the official Ministry designation for the LF's didn't come down till later so all pilots called them IX-B's).

He did chase a high altitude 109 down from 35,000 or 40,000 feet. At the bottom he nailed the 109 and managed to just barely pull out. I think the fuselage was permanently warped and the plane was decomissioned but I forget on that part.

They don't model those sorts of things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Closterman also talks about the competition between Tempest V pilots and XIV pilots against jet aircraft. One XIV pilot he talked to managed to chase down and destroy a Ar-234 (jet bomber)...but when he landed the plane was once again scrapped because of a permanently warped fuselage due to the excessive speed. Tempest V's were stronger and better able to withstand such a high speed dive and chase.

Medvedya
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
But it did create the world's first ever Banana Spit.

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anarchy52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
nice tests
see how k4 stalls at same speed as f4? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I said...stall speeds seem off on most planes and the test is not very scientific (lots of subjective influences). It's very hard to keep most of the planes from rolling. 109 does have the advantage of aileron effectiveness at low speed.

BTW notice that B25 has lower stall speed then focke-wulf? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldnt surprise me that it had lower stall speed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
it is after all a aircraft designed to take a payload, and a older design than 190 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 03:12 PM
9061/56.67=159.89

3170/18.30=173.224

b25 vs 190a8 respectivly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Uzol
03-28-2005, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uzol:
Whoopie... another over-modelled uber Spit UFO for the kiddies to play with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an utterly worthless first post, it would be funny...if it wasnt so sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's just a troll. He registered 4 minutes before that post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Just telling the truth... Spit is a kiddie ride. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BaldieJr
03-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Thank a yank!

If it weren't for us, the late-war spits would have never been created.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BuzzU
03-28-2005, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uzol:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uzol:
Whoopie... another over-modelled uber Spit UFO for the kiddies to play with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an utterly worthless first post, it would be funny...if it wasnt so sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's just a troll. He registered 4 minutes before that post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Just telling the truth... Spit is a kiddie ride. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you fly?

darkhorizon11
03-28-2005, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anarchy52:
all speed TAS and 25% fuel. Not trimmed, power off then trying to keep the nose up until stall occurs.
Test is not accurate since planes probably stalled at different AoA and my stick isn't perfect (or my stick) but can be an illustration of relative stall performance

Try P-47 100% fuel + extra ammo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 205km/h
with 25% fuel 195km/h
P-51 176km/h
F4-U 176km/h
IL-2M3 155km/h (khmm....)
La-73B20 160km/h
YP-80 unstallable!!! (managed to do 165km/h then with full elevators just kept sinking and gaining speed - propably would have to use trim to stall it)
109G6 156km/h
Zero 1940 135km/h
109F4 164km/h
109K4 166km/h
Spit mkV 142km/h
B-25 189km/h
Ki431a 126km/h
P-39Q10 153km/h (very gentle?!?!)
Spit mkIX 160km/h
FW-190D945 202km/h
FW-190A8 (default) 198km/h
FW-190A6 (default) 189km/h
Me-262A1 unstallable!!! (managed to do 203km/h then it started gaining speed with full elevator deflection)
Me-163 202km/h (the most violent stall encountered)
He-162 176km/h
Bf-110G2 180km/h
P-38L 164km/h (!)
P-63 155km/h


Strangely...P-38 and P-63 stalled but recovered with aileron input and then managed to do higher AoA before stalling obtaining lower stall speeds (my guess their drag is severely undermodelled as they obviously zoom climbed at speeds 10km/h over their stall speed)
First stall P-38 stalled at about 180km/h P-63 about 165km/h.
Most convincing stalls were by P-39, P-63 and P-38 gentle nose down and sliding while most others had "banana peel (tm)" wiolent snap stalls achieving roll rates that would put F-16 to shame. I feel some of them might have performed much better if I had managed to keep them from rolling (spit, LaGG-3)

I think 109 does not have overmodelled stalll compared to other planes what it does have is excellent aileron control right to the stall speed which is historically correct.

We'll see what happens with the new FM until then enjoy the banana peel stalls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Yeah stalls are the one thing about this game that aren't even close to being modelled right. Its been 6 years and they still haven't gotem down. I'm keeping the faith though that the improved flight model system will finally put this problem to rest.


As for easy planes I go with the early war biplanes they're very maneuverable, forgiving, and use machine guns instead of cannons which are easy to aim and fire.

stelr
03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Everyone should have his late war ride. You your Spit XIV and Tempest, me my Me 262. Fair play. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the Spit XIV entered service in Feb 44, where as the ME 262 didn't see active service until Jun 44, and this with an experimental unit only. It didn't see regular service until Sep 44.

If we consider the Mark XIV to be a "late war" A/C then so are the 109K (delivered to LW in Sep 44) and the FW 190D (delivered in Aug 44). Let's not even mention the TA-152 for that matter. Not only very late war...but very limited numbers saw active service as opposed to all the A/C described above.

So..."late war" ride? Not by the planeset standards set/represented in this sim for LW.

Arms1
03-28-2005, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
Exactly, Spit XIV is nice plane and very needed.

Strange how, every time I mention it, I get personal attacks and insults from certain Spit types.

Should i say that Spit XIV is bad and not needed ? I believe same person would again personally attack me. Some people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Spit is nice:
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A610.jpg
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A%20612.jpg
http://store1.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_1837_7538755

also, a nice URL
http://www.pinkproducts.co.uk/page/pinkproducts/PROD/transportcufflinks/901149 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey dude, to equate flying a pink spitfire to barbie dolls does a severe diservice to all the extremely brave men who flew unarmed spifire photo recon a/c over hostile territory, to fly a lone a/c over enemy airspace while having no means to defend yourself is not "barbie" in my opinion.

HayateAce
03-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Don't mind LimpRistos, he just doin' a little fishin'.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Arms1
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
Don't mind LimpRistos, he just doin' a little fishin'.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya you're probably right, although i imagine his wrist is probably quite well developed

Hristos
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Forearm, g****dammit, forearm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Arms1
03-28-2005, 08:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arms1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
Exactly, Spit XIV is nice plane and very needed.

Strange how, every time I mention it, I get personal attacks and insults from certain Spit types.

Should i say that Spit XIV is bad and not needed ? I believe same person would again personally attack me. Some people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Spit is nice:
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A610.jpg
http://www.scotphoto.com/images/aircraft/A%20612.jpg
http://store1.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_1837_7538755

also, a nice URL
http://www.pinkproducts.co.uk/page/pinkproducts/PROD/transportcufflinks/901149 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey dude, to equate flying a pink spitfire to barbie dolls does a severe diservice to all the extremely brave men who flew unarmed spifire photo recon a/c over hostile territory, to fly a lone a/c over enemy airspace while having no means to defend yourself is not "barbie" in my opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
funny thing really. PR aircraft, pretty much only plane in the sky at that time, no guns, deep into enemy airspace... near suicidal ud think?
lw had REAL problems getting PR aircraft. me163 was the answer to get PR aircraft.
low level stuff was dangous, pink camo was judged best. they had a camera on the side, which the pilot could use, orbit or flyby the target. ive seen some shots, amazingly good quality http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

my fav is german radar station, guy looking at camera, in a "i only went out to get my packed lunch and some bloody spitfire zoomed past, and now they can work out the tecnical stuff of the radar, using me as scale. ive just been owned."

Arms1
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
p1ngu; that is one of my favorite ww2 photos, and yes they were owned on that one, shortly after that photo was taken Royal Commandos raided that very installation, countless RAF aircrew lives were saved, if you are interested in spitfire recon stories you should look up Adrian Warburton, he actually scored a few jerries destroyed while flying an unarmed spit (malta)
i personally don't think there is anything more masculine than flying a pink spitfire, however the uninformed may disagree

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 09:16 PM
yeah i saw a program on him, didnt know he destroyed some 109's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

warby was one of the best recon pilots aprently http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Arms1
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
yeah i saw a program on him, didnt know he destroyed some 109's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

warby was one of the best recon pilots aprently http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup he ran a few into the water (have to check to see if they were 109s) when they couldnt shake him; but "best" is probably a bad description because it was the most experienced and brave the volunteered for PRU, perhaps "one of the more successful" would be more appropriate

p1ngu666
03-28-2005, 09:49 PM
true true, a unkind nickname was pilot rest unit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Badsight.
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
he just doin' a little fishin'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>you sure know all about that Hayate_Hater

ploughman
03-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Hmmm...anyone here fancy their chances in a Maryland at low level over Taranto Harbour? Big shiny brass ones.