PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Targ for closing "Laconia"

zugfuhrer
02-19-2006, 06:06 AM
I am sorry posting it. I could never guess that it would bring out so much anger.

I wanted to bring knowledge about a historical detail, not known by so many.
To bad it went this way.
I found no other way to bring this message to you.
I only wanted you to know.
Please close this to.

zugfuhrer
02-19-2006, 06:06 AM
I am sorry posting it. I could never guess that it would bring out so much anger.

I wanted to bring knowledge about a historical detail, not known by so many.
To bad it went this way.
I found no other way to bring this message to you.
I only wanted you to know.
Please close this to.

Grue_
02-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Don't be sorry. It was an interesting thread and the majority of people on these forums can have a civil debate without wading in with both fists.

Chuck_Older
02-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Seriously, Zug, don't be sorry. I don't know what got into Pirschjaeger and Gib, but you have no reason to be sorry. They certainly pushed each other's buttons though- they were probably just letting off steam

By the way:

"opening a can of worms" has nothing to do with a WWII event. Pirsch kind of put his own interpretation on that one, I don't know why, but he did

It means this: when you 'open a can of worms', you have either started talking about something that is just generally a mess, or that folks will find unpleasant. It can also be about an unpleasant job, as in "fixing that thing is going to be like opening a can of worms", which means one trouble after another will have to be addressed before the real problem can be solved

Imagine opening a can of soup, and finding it full of worms- messy and unpalatable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

But nothing in what you posted was wrong, as far as I can tell, and in fact, I learned something I should have alredy known from the discussion about hospital ships, I was just looking at the situation from the wrong angle.

There's nothing you need to apologize for