PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 5 Collector's Pack

Falkonet
01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
What do you want in a collector' pack, if Ubisoft make one ?

My wish is:

Map
DVD with trailer and fansite stuff
Guide
Soundtrack
Pen
U boatbadge maker RK
Iron Cross medals
Certificate of deluxe pack
Recognition Manual
Pin-up girls poster

Do you got other ?

WhiteKnight77
01-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Personally, I would rather they use money to better use developing the game and getting the bugs out than have all the "extra" that would be tossed in the trash sometime in the future.

Wild_Cat_NL
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Personally, I would rather they use money to better use developing the game and getting the bugs out than have all the "extra" that would be tossed in the trash sometime in the future.

I don't recall where I read it, but if I recall correctly UbiSoft was taking the route to add more goodies to the game package and make it more worth buying because of all the extra's that got added.

Had some thing to do with trying to reduce pirating instead of focusing on more copy protection.

So I'm expecting that if there isn't a collecters edition that the normal package will include extra's. And if the do have a collectors edition that it will be loaded with goodies... or at least I hope it will.

Back on Topic,
This time I hope the don't add a recognition manual to the collectors edition, because very likely mean that things will get left out in game to make it more interesting to buy the collectors edition.

An AoB calculator (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110949) like CapnScurvy has made available for printing.
having a big one, made out of plastic that doesn't have to be replaced after heavy use like the paper version would make me a happy man already http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mobat69
01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
If I remember the earlier Silent Hunter packages...

A decent manual (not the flimsy 10 or less pages) with some accuratebackground information.
Because companies intend to save money, it became a bad habit to release insufficient or even inaccurate information in manuals. Worst of all: read the online pdf - BLAGH!