PDA

View Full Version : Cannibalism onboard my sub?

SubSerpent
04-11-2005, 11:39 AM
"Who the heck signed on Dr. Lector to be a crew member of my sub and what is this stuck between my teeth? Taste like chicken!"

Had a nasty confrontation with a Nelson BB and he more or less removed my deck gun for me saving the guys at overhaul back at the base an awful lot of work and time. However, he also managed to splatter spaghetti all over my conning tower. Wait a minute! That wasn't spaghetti, that was the three guys I had on the deck gun when the BB decided to remove it for me. Now I have three red sailors on the damage control screen right were they were at when they were hit by the barrage of BB shells.

I felt that they didn't need to stay in that particular spot since I still had room in my bow quarters compartment so I had their corpses moved there instead or what was left of their corpses I suppose. Anyways, sometime passed between that day and the day that I managed to get back to base with my almost crippled sub and I noticed during the trip that I had a bad case of gas and stomach indigestion, thus causing me to have to take the Browns to the Superbowl several times a day.

I quickly noted that all the red (dead sailors) icons in the bow quarters compartment weren't there anymore and I know for certain that they were dead, I'd already written the letters to their moms. So, were did they go? The meat hanging in the command room next to the banana's did seem to look a bit fresher than it did a few days back. Hmmmm? Now comes the (pysco theme music) and a cook onboard my sub giving two thumbs up with a bloody smile. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Count yourself lucky that they stayed dead. With the number of weird bugs in this game, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had become zombies and started trying to man their stations again (while moaning 'Brains, brains!' every few minutes).

BaneSixEcho
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
That's... disturbing. LOL

I've had crew members killed before. I've always buried them at sea so I'm not sure if they would have disappeared or not.

The funny thing is I still have a spotless crew killed record of 0 when I look at my patrol history. Conspiracy!!

SubSerpent
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beeryus:
Count yourself lucky that they stayed dead. With the number of weird bugs in this game, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had become zombies and started trying to man their stations again (while moaning 'Brains, brains!' every few minutes). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, come to think of it....J/K http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

msxyz
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
The boat is smelly enough without a few rotten corpses laying around. Probably the crew tossed them away the first time the sub saurfaced.

Kpt_Zig
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msxyz:
The boat is smelly enough without a few rotten corpses laying around. Probably the crew tossed them away the first time the sub saurfaced. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg your pardon? "Tossed them away"?! Shame on you! A burial at sea, with full military honours. Via the tubes of course, too many aircraft up top.

LW_lcarp
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Hmmm thats what must of happened to one of my officers. Started the patrol he was there not killed but when I RTBed he was gone and never came back, and I couldnt replace him with another officer as it said I had the full compliment of officers.

Anyone for some fresh wurst

Flagstaff72
04-11-2005, 07:31 PM
BTW, how does the wounding/dying thing work? Whenever I've had guys hit, their icons turn red, their info gets marked with 'wounded', but when I return to base, they are all dead! In fact, I've had scores of sailors die, but I've never brought a wounded man successfully back. I have one NCO with the Medic qualification.

Tip to players - when Liberty ships appear (late 42) spend that extra torpedo when you need to. Never, ever finish them off with a deck gun.