PDA

View Full Version : Quick quetion, please answer!!!!

AllorNothing117
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I downloaded a campaign, how do I get it into the game? Do I just drag it somewhere like with a skin? Thanks

AllorNothing117
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I downloaded a campaign, how do I get it into the game? Do I just drag it somewhere like with a skin? Thanks

wintergoose
11-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Extract the downloaded file in a separat folder and read the instruction file *.txt

Some of the campain are self installing, you just start the exe file, but other are more compicated to install.

It depends on how trained you are to work with files and directories.

AllorNothing117
11-14-2008, 09:29 AM
It doesn't have one, I think I'll just leave it, sounds way to complicated for a noob like me.

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
If it's just in a folder then put it in game folder/missions/campaign.

Sillius_Sodus
11-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Which campaign did you download AllorNothing117? Some campaigns are self installing and some require a manual install. It's not too complicated so let us know so we can help you.
Cheers

Zeus-cat
11-14-2008, 07:40 PM
It should be really easy to install. Just install the campaign folder wher ethe redme tells you to put it. If there is no readme file then the campaign folder goes into the nationality folder under the Missions/Campaign folder.

For example, my training campaign "Straight From the Farm" goes in the Missions/Campaign/UN folder as it is a U.S. Navy campaign.

You can always use the NN folder (no nationality) if you are not sure what nationality the campaign is. Nationality determines what medals you get and what ranks you can achieve. It has no effect on playing the missions.

If you tell us what campaign you have someone here will be glad to tell you where to stick it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

wintergoose
11-15-2008, 02:11 AM
As I said you have to now abouth folders and files.
May be he dont know where the programs are ?
How to find the Mission/Campain folder?

A lot of peopel just innstal a game and plays it from the menu.
To installs campains that are not selfextracting you have to use the explorer, ore somting simular, to transfere files and folders to the right place.

So it is not only which campain, but what kind of skill he has on the PC.
Everything is easy if you know how.

Uufflakke
11-15-2008, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllorNothing117:
I downloaded a campaign, how do I get it into the game? Do I just drag it somewhere like with a skin? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is something similiar like drag and drop (or copypaste) a skin.
I don't know anything about your computerskills http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif but basically it is very simple. So let's start from the beginning...
First you have to know where you installed the game and then copypaste your downloaded campaign in the right place.
So let's say you downloaded a US Navy Campaign this is what you have to do next: go to

Start-&gt; My Computer-&gt; C disc (or D) -&gt; Documents and Settings-&gt; Username-&gt; IL-2 Sturmovik 1946-&gt; Missions-&gt; Campaigns-&gt; UN

That's it actually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif