PDA

View Full Version : How long till the dedicated server is fixed??

TrashMan_JW
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello, I am very curious and frustrated with how long the dedicated server is operating in UBI. It seems it has been a year now since the server has worked correctly and I was wondering when this situation will be confronted and fixed. The server works great for the FB+AEP+PF combination if you don't mind going into the regular FB lobby and flying on it. This is reaching the level of craziness for how long the dedicated server has been working incorrectly. It would seem that UBI should invest some money in Hyperlobby for hosting IL2 and all its versions. Why is it that Hyperlobby can host dedicated servers just fine and the UBI lobby can not. I have been going to HL since the time it was created when Electronic Arts stopped hosting USAF and the rest of its Jane's Combat Simulations, heck I started doing online sims with Fighters Anthology and it even works great in Hyperlobby so why can't UBI get the dedicated server to work in a lobby they in fact own for IL2? How long does a multi-million dollar company like UBI need to get it together and fix something for one of their games. Now dont get me wrong here, I love IL2 and all the versions it has out but I would like what I read to work correctly when I am lead to believe that it will. Hyperlobby has really made IL2 very strong and I hope that UBI has given the proper thanks and gratitude that it deserves. Everyone in the IL2/UBI forum has always been very helpful with giving information to help others and that is with out a doubt completley awesome to have that much passion and love for game or else this game would have died quicker than I can say Jane's Attack Squadron. I know how to host at Hyperlobby and we tend run a session at times for those who just like to goof off but we seem to have a great time at UBI also and all these forums are focussing on Hyperlobby to help get their dedicated servers going....how weird is that.

Well to sum this novel up.....when will the dedicated server be fixed to where it will post in the correct version of IL2. Maybe some of the creators for IL2 can get some info for a manual IP direction for the dedicated servers or something. Its quite apparent that we can all host a session and fly in it at the same time so why can't we get a dedicated server to post in the correct area.

I am sorry if I have come acrossed as rude or angry in this post because it is trully not my nature and I hope those that read this do not beleive me to be that kind of person, I would just like some things fixed that have been broken for entirely too long.

TrashMan_JW
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello, I am very curious and frustrated with how long the dedicated server is operating in UBI. It seems it has been a year now since the server has worked correctly and I was wondering when this situation will be confronted and fixed. The server works great for the FB+AEP+PF combination if you don't mind going into the regular FB lobby and flying on it. This is reaching the level of craziness for how long the dedicated server has been working incorrectly. It would seem that UBI should invest some money in Hyperlobby for hosting IL2 and all its versions. Why is it that Hyperlobby can host dedicated servers just fine and the UBI lobby can not. I have been going to HL since the time it was created when Electronic Arts stopped hosting USAF and the rest of its Jane's Combat Simulations, heck I started doing online sims with Fighters Anthology and it even works great in Hyperlobby so why can't UBI get the dedicated server to work in a lobby they in fact own for IL2? How long does a multi-million dollar company like UBI need to get it together and fix something for one of their games. Now dont get me wrong here, I love IL2 and all the versions it has out but I would like what I read to work correctly when I am lead to believe that it will. Hyperlobby has really made IL2 very strong and I hope that UBI has given the proper thanks and gratitude that it deserves. Everyone in the IL2/UBI forum has always been very helpful with giving information to help others and that is with out a doubt completley awesome to have that much passion and love for game or else this game would have died quicker than I can say Jane's Attack Squadron. I know how to host at Hyperlobby and we tend run a session at times for those who just like to goof off but we seem to have a great time at UBI also and all these forums are focussing on Hyperlobby to help get their dedicated servers going....how weird is that.

Well to sum this novel up.....when will the dedicated server be fixed to where it will post in the correct version of IL2. Maybe some of the creators for IL2 can get some info for a manual IP direction for the dedicated servers or something. Its quite apparent that we can all host a session and fly in it at the same time so why can't we get a dedicated server to post in the correct area.

I am sorry if I have come acrossed as rude or angry in this post because it is trully not my nature and I hope those that read this do not beleive me to be that kind of person, I would just like some things fixed that have been broken for entirely too long.

Slammin_
12-05-2004, 07:07 PM
My guess would be that since hardly anyone uses ubi.com, this is a low priority issue. Even when there was no issue, hardly anyone was using ubi.com for IL-2, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anyone to devote development cycles to that end.