PDA

View Full Version : What platform would you like to play the next Driver game on?

smiler_16
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Firstly i would just like to add that the poll is about your secondary choice of platform

But back on topic...

I am a PC gamer and i would like to play Driver 4/5 on PC because of the possibillity that there may be the oppurtunity to mod (modify) the game
and i have always wanted to play the Driver games with my own stuff on the game (such as my own custom made cars! and maybe the abillity to add extra parts to the level, like a stunt park!!).

and as the poll asks 'what system would i like to play Driver 4/5 on if i couldn't play it on my system?'
I guess i would like the PS3 because of the addition of a Blu-Ray player which the 360 and Wii dont have Plus out of the consoles, the PS3 has the best graphics, although its just a shame it cant stand up to the PC or else i would of bought a PS3 a long time ago!...

maybe they'll try harder with the PS4 hey!!.

JacksonL2008
05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I sai PC simply because I like the idea of modding not to mention the almost endless posibilities with the PC. Look at the sims franchise. Its AMAZING on the pc but on consoles? not so much. This is due to the lack of options. The only reason that series sold well on consoles is because the pc version has got so many fans. not mention the lack, infact no, non existant competition.

But yeah PC for the options. but the controls need to be good. none of that press space bar to go ****. I want a usb controller to be required.

smiler_16
05-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JacksonL2008:
I want a usb controller

i would suggest getting the 360 controller, because its made by microsoft, so 90% of newer games will support it (and that means, no more space bar rubbish!!)

If you want the wireless controller, then make sure you get the 'wireless reciever for windows' accessory! (in the UK i know you can get if from the shop known as 'GAME') and

InsaneDriver06
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
The 360 controller is nice thanks to the handy left and right triggers, which act as very accurate gas and brakes.

smiler_16
05-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
The 360 controller is nice thanks to the handy left and right triggers, which act as very accurate gas and brakes.

I totally agree, and i guess sony do too, which is why they had copied the design... and to be honest, now i preferre the 360 controller because the PS3 controller feels too small and light weight plus the triggers on it dont have curls to hold your fingers in place (so basically your fingers will slide off after a while...), where as the 360 controller has the curls on the triggers making your fingers grip really well!.

InsaneDriver06
05-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by smiler_16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:

I totally agree, and i guess sony do too, which is why they had copied the design... and to be honest, now i preferre the 360 controller because the PS3 controller feels too small and light weight plus the triggers on it dont have curls to hold your fingers in place (so basically your fingers will slide off after a while...), where as the 360 controller has the curls on the triggers making your fingers grip really well!. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said.

smiler_16
05-27-2008, 07:39 AM
LOL

I had to get it off my chest!!...

because when i play on my little brothers PS3 the triggers just annoy me lol

driver_madness
05-27-2008, 10:05 PM
If PC wasn't avaliable I'd get myself a PS3 and the next generation driver on it! Unfortuanatly it'll be a while until I own a next generation console because there still pretty expensive.

I defaintly wouldn't cut into getting the x360 just because it's cheaper because I personally think from what I've seen when trying them out at game shops like EB, the graphics looked a lot better on GranTurismo than it did on x360 alternative to that title.

Plus the specs of the ps3 look way better, it looks like reflections can do a lot more with it. Better processor, better video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and I beileave the list goes on!

But I just want to try out the pc version, it's hard to upgrade my computer with the latest stuff but I do need it for my future occupation as a Video Editor, a Game Art Developer or whatever comes around that's related to the multimedia aspect of technology and of course it saves me from buying a next gen console ONLY to play the next driver, I bought a xbox just for Driver: Parallel Lines and I don't want to have to do it again!

and it's good to know everyones open to the modding concept of the pc version; for the millionth time I hope reflections make it more modable.

smiler_16
05-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by driver_madness:
If PC wasn't avaliable I'd get myself a PS3 and the next generation driver on it! Unfortuanatly it'll be a while until I own a next generation console because there still pretty expensive.

I defaintly wouldn't cut into getting the x360 just because it's cheaper because I personally think from what I've seen when trying them out at game shops like EB, the graphics looked a lot better on GranTurismo than it did on x360 alternative to that title.

Plus the specs of the ps3 look way better, it looks like reflections can do a lot more with it. Better processor, better video http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and I beileave the list goes on!

But I just want to try out the pc version, it's hard to upgrade my computer with the latest stuff but I do need it for my future occupation as a Video Editor, a Game Art Developer or whatever comes around that's related to the multimedia aspect of technology and of course it saves me from buying a next gen console ONLY to play the next driver, I bought a xbox just for Driver: Parallel Lines and I don't want to have to do it again!

and it's good to know everyones open to the modding concept of the pc version; for the millionth time I hope reflections make it more modable.

You pretty much read out my opinion in a better way than i could lol

although i had never bought a Console to get any of the Driver Games

I already had a PS2 for D3 then it got stolen, so at first i had played D:PL on my little brothers PS2 and then i got extremely hyped up when i heard UBI were buying out the Driver name, because from past experience i have seen that UBI make some of the best PC games (i never looked so much into detail when i was a console gamer so i cant really say wether it'll be good for consolers...) and they always try to release it on all platforms!! (apart from the rare exceptions like Haze... which is PS3 exclusive...)

bornforhaze
05-28-2008, 04:59 AM
i said ps3 simply because i own one. I dont know about my hands slipping of the controllers it never happens to me. Could i suggest washing the grease of your hands XD

smiler_16
05-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by bornforhaze:
i said ps3 simply because i own one. I dont know about my hands slipping of the controllers it never happens to me. Could i suggest washing the grease of your hands XD
Lol

BTW

the poll is supposed to be about picking your second choice of system if yours didn't exist!.

Driverman2006
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
My philosophy:
You can get a fun automobile game on a TV Console (PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, etc).

You can get a fun train game on the PC.

Playing an automobile game on the PC just feels very boring, stiff, and hard to play (unless if you buy a steering wheel and pedal control kit), and I don't think there are enough buttons on a console controller to drive a train realistically (unless if you put in a bunch of combinations of buttons at one time to drive a train).

My vote for the next Driver game: XBOX 360.

DriverKid
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Driverman2006:
My philosophy:

Playing an automobile game on the PC just feels very boring, stiff, and hard to play (unless if you buy a steering wheel and pedal control kit), and I don't think there are enough buttons on a console controller to drive a train realistically (unless if you put in a bunch of combinations of buttons at one time to drive a train).

I agree, but I don't think Driver needs realistic train controlls unless they ship a Raildriver thing with ut that'd work on Xbox 360. But still, I find I like driving on Xboxs better then PC because of the pedals on the controller. Much easier to regulate speed and braking with them.

smiler_16
06-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Driverman2006:
My philosophy:

I dont know if you've heard, but now there is an official PC controller too!

Its the 360 controller... (due to Microsoft owning the 360 and Windows)

and now, ANY, function/controller that you can use on the 360 can be used on the PC
(I would reccomend the 'wireless reciever for windows' to take full advantage of this!!)

Driverman2006
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by DriverKid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:
My philosophy:

I agree, but I don't think Driver needs realistic train controlls unless they ship a Raildriver thing with ut that'd work on Xbox 360. But still, I find I like driving on Xboxs better then PC because of the pedals on the controller. Much easier to regulate speed and braking with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a Raildriver control box myself. The only downside is that many locomotives in the world have different shaped cabs than the Raildriver control box. So driving a steam locomotive (or any other older locomotive) with Raildriver would look pretty weird since the Raildriver control box looks like a cab from a modern diesel or electic.

Now on the automobile controls. I love how the triggers on the XBOX 360 controller act like pedals. That's a very realistic feature. On the PC keyboard, it's either "On" or "Off".

smiler_16
06-13-2008, 04:59 PM
I personally prefferre using my 360 controller for games like GTA and Driver, but then I have never seen anything that can compare to a keyboard and mouse in an FPS game (Such as Farcry, Crysis, ect)

PS:
I agree there is advantages to both consoles and PCs, but its all of the small extras that I enjoy on my PC (eg: the ability to use any style of controller) and there is a small rush that most PC gamers get when updating their Computer!.

Where as the thing that I miss about consoles is the ability to buy the game and then play it straight away without the need to install it (although it only has to be installed once) But I dont think that this is enough to get me to move back to console gaming...

If they could one day make a console with upgradeable graphics then i might just go back to consoles... but until then I think i'll pass on that stuff!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Shelby-GT-500
06-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by smiler_16:
I personally prefferre using my 360 controller for games like GTA and Driver, but then I have never seen anything that can compare to a keyboard and mouse in an FPS game (Such as Farcry, Crysis, ect)

PS:
I agree there is advantages to both consoles and PCs, but its all of the small extras that I enjoy on my PC (eg: the ability to use any style of controller) and there is a small rush that most PC gamers get when updating their Computer!.

Where as the thing that I miss about consoles is the ability to buy the game and then play it straight away without the need to install it (although it only has to be installed once) But I dont think that this is enough to get me to move back to console gaming...

If they could one day make a console with upgradeable graphics then i might just go back to consoles... but until then I think i'll pass on that stuff!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I couldn't of said it better my self

Nickin_Bra
09-07-2008, 09:30 PM
On the PC. Mainly because I don't have a PS3 or a X360, and I'm not planning to get one. My PC can't run DPL anyways (I play it on my PS2), but It's much worth get a new computer with high end components, them any current console, mainly because I don't wanna spend too much money on a TV...

J_Frumpleberg
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I also don't have PS3 or X360, and have no plans on buying either. I'm just not a big gamer anymore. I'd probably have a bit of upgrading to do if I was gonna get any new PC games. Might as well just get a second computer.

But I would like to try my hand at modding, or at least just be able to look at the code and see if I can figure out what the heck is going on.

InsaneDriver06
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
All consoles and PC would be ideal, released at the same time hopefully would be nice. 360 is a very unreliable machine (Red Rings, on my 3rd free replacement now), so I'd at least like to have the option of getting Driv4r on the PS3.

TuomasMetal
09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd like to play it on my PS3.

Driverfive
11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
For me it has to be the PS3. I don't even have the console. I guess, it will be on the PS3.

If this game happens to be a successful to a point, that is what would make me get a PS3. Otherwise, I don't think I would get it. My only interest is in this game.

Ubisoft wouldn't want to dissapoint, a lot of Driv3r was. And four, was a no go for me.

Ultanium
11-13-2009, 06:35 AM
I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360 but I'd be really happy to see the next driver instalment on the Wii. So far, I have every driver game since the PS1 and I'd be really disappointed if the collection suddenly stopped due to a few platform supports. DPL on Wii is cool and they could do a lot more with it.