PDA

View Full Version : Air Warriors Unite!

zenmsofaw
11-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Ahh ok I know if any ol Air Warriors are playing this game, you are in a squad by now, however I would just like to see how many of my old friends are playing this game. I will be getting PF tomorrow after work and imagine I'll be calibrating my stick/throttle/pedals all night long lol!
Anyway I was ZENMS, started on AOL, then moved to Gamestorm and eventually to "you know who" and played to the end.
How about everyone get together and add to this post, and talk about the old daze, and ANY tips for setting this game up or even some throttle templates would be great (I still have my CH Pro throttle!) too! I hope I enjoy PF, as I have IL2 but never liked the many updates that it took then it didnt run right for some reason.

See ya in the skies!

zenmsofaw
11-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Ahh ok I know if any ol Air Warriors are playing this game, you are in a squad by now, however I would just like to see how many of my old friends are playing this game. I will be getting PF tomorrow after work and imagine I'll be calibrating my stick/throttle/pedals all night long lol!
Anyway I was ZENMS, started on AOL, then moved to Gamestorm and eventually to "you know who" and played to the end.
How about everyone get together and add to this post, and talk about the old daze, and ANY tips for setting this game up or even some throttle templates would be great (I still have my CH Pro throttle!) too! I hope I enjoy PF, as I have IL2 but never liked the many updates that it took then it didnt run right for some reason.

See ya in the skies!

ANGST
11-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Speed = Life
Alt = Options
Sheep R good.

Tully__
11-15-2004, 05:31 PM
For some tips on setting up joysticks, click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture.

BTW, what's Air Warrior? ...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Texas LongHorn
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
You know what, I think you shot my A** down a couple of times. You are bringing back old memories of days gone bye. All the best, LongHorn

WB_Outlaw
11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
My first AW sortie was circa de 1989 via GEnie at $6/hour on a 2400 baud modem. CGA was the only graphics mode supported. As far as I know, Winsock wasn't even available on a PC at that time. Internet? What the hell is that?.

I was a charter member of JG 54 flying tail number 3745. I still keep in touch with a couple of squad mates but, for the most part, they have all moved on.

-Outlaw.

zenmsofaw
11-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Long, I remember a guy in the pacific theatre who flew as Lone* or maybe it was Lone. I think he was a Cz lander..... He used to fly buffs and goonies trying to cap bases, and I know I shot him down. What was your CPID?? I was ZENMS, and flew mostly for Cz, but at times would jump to Bz or Az if they were short... something about underdogs lol!

I had a squad, 14th TFS Samurai's, and in euro we were either Cz or Bz... hardly ever Az, cuz they only liked to fight the bz at the VoD.

I will be getting PF tomorrow after work, wanted to do it today but was handed a list of "honey do's" LOL!