PDA

View Full Version : Developer interview

phil.llllll
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuseKGafCvo

Fast travel is in so I'm guessing it is still FC2 open world. Awesome news.

EDIT: And yeah, whoever did that guys performance capture was awesome! Hope to see more of him in game.

EDIT2: Just hope we can turn the xp pop up off. Seems like something I'd rather look at in a menu than be reminded of every kill.

wogsy2007
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Good video that mate.

And i agree with you and the vast majority of youtube commenters. Please please give us the option of not having that "xp blah blah" pop up on screen after every kill.

That will really hinder the immersive nature of the game for me.

One of my favourite moments of Far Cry 2 was driving across the safari wilderness in my Jeep and just absorbing the atmosphere.

Ok, I admit it. I always liked to mow down a Rhino and a couple of Zebra's too.
C'mon, i know you did too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Now if it would have popped up "xp rhino kill" every time i done that then the immersion levels would have dropped dramatically for me.

So yeah, none of that xp garbage on the screen. I can just about accept the "golden glow" on the pick-upable items and all them "A button" prompts. But that "xp on screen" nonsense really has to go.
keep that stuff for the multiplayer and out of the single player please.

Anyways, the game looks freaking fantastic guys..
Cant wait.

Poiso42
06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
'You don't want to punish the player... you pick up the weapon, shoot it, and you're gonna be succesful'

That quote alarms me a great deal. I dont want any guaranteed success.

nster81
06-07-2011, 06:03 AM
^ I doubt it'll be so casually easy, as this is a core game, and a sandbox game.

I'm very happy to hear about the fast travel, as it would've made Far Cry 2 much less strenuous to get around, even though it maintained the realism.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Poiso42:
'You don't want to punish the player... you pick up the weapon, shoot it, and you're gonna be succesful'

That quote alarms me a great deal. I dont want any guaranteed success.

I think he just meant enemies aren't going to be bullet sponges. I'm sure the game will retain its difficulty.

spinetooth
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I hope in the multiplayer there isn't a page in the front of my screen that says I have a diamond to spend, and it won't go away for like 10 seconds when I re-spawn every single time. At least put it down in the corner as an indicator. It's very irritating when that window shows up so I can't see what I'm shooting at or running into.

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the link!

BS PALADIN
06-08-2011, 03:54 AM
The bullet sponge affect in SP and MP on Far Cry 2 was a killer for me. Everything else was so realism based then a guy takes 7 bullets to the chest and keeps firing. Hopefully its 2-3 shots to kill this time around.