PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cut vs Console

Edengoth
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I recently got an Xbox 360, and I've had the PC version (Director's Cut) of Assassin's Creed for a while. I played the 360 version and let me compare the two.

PC:
-Better graphics (if your system can handle it)
-Replaced some pickpocketing, stealth kill guards (informant), and eavesdropping missions with new informant missions (kill archers, destroy merchant stalls, rooftop chase)
-Fast travel from Masyaf pops up when you exit the fortress, gives you the option of "Bureau" or "Outskirt" of each city
-More precise controls thanks to the mouse

Console:
-More complex audio (echo effects if you're not directly facing the speaker, very immersive)
-Stealth kill guards is the only informant mission
-Fast travel is at the edge of Masyaf, will always take you to the outskirt
-Controls are frustrating compared to PC

As for the missions, I really liked the ones in the console version better, even though they lacked variety. The dialogue was a LOT more engaging than listening to an informant go blah blah blah. All the informant missions with any personality are in the console version, and overall it was more rewarding to actually pick the letter off the characters (lots of interesting not-just-random-people characters in the console pickpocket missions, such as priests and guards...gave it flavor) instead of just having the informant tell me he stole the letter.

Overall, the gameplay was better in the PC version, the immersion was better in the console version.

Anyone have any comments about the two?

thekyle0
08-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I tried it on PC once. I found that the controls are only more precise if you're skilled with the mouse.

I plan to stick with my console. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Danvish
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm a PC-player. And thought I have a gamepad for the PC, I think the mouse is much better.

But that depends what you prefer mate.

Hurri211
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I play AC on PC, but I once went round to a friends house and he had it on PS3. Now, granted he only had the game a week or two, but it seemed harder to do as my friend kept sometimes running the wrong way than he wanted to, and pressing buttons he didn't mean to press. I think it is easier on PC as all the default controls are set at different, easy to get to places of the keyboard and mouse, not all in one place as on a PS3 or 360 Controller. But, each to his own i guess.

SharkMRX
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Easier on PC? I really suck b*lls with mouse and keyboard, I grew up with console gaming had a ps2 when i was 6 so Im living Playstation. last time i played call of duty 4 on PC I got so frustrated that I took my ps3 contoller and connected it to the PC so I good properly play COD. I like playing Ac on my PS3 and now with my plasma tv AC2 will be great on my PS3

Edengoth
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
I mean the steering. It seems like the console version tried to aim my jumps at people when I WANTED to jump straight forward off a ledge.
My PC lets me be straight...*waits for Danvish joke*

thekyle0
08-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I fixed that problem by jumping just a little bit before the edge.

caswallawn_2k7
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
the PC version has identicaal audio asuming you have a dedicated sound card with hardware support and not onboard sound that needed to rely on software rendering. (also dedicated cards on vista needed a driver fix to allow the legacy sound system, since AC doesnt use the new vista standard)

Edengoth
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I figured as much, actually. Wasn't sure though.

OSnailsO
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Edengoth:
I recently got an Xbox 360, and I've had the PC version (Director's Cut) of Assassin's Creed for a while. I played the 360 version and let me compare the two.

PC:
-Better graphics (if your system can handle it)
-Replaced some pickpocketing, stealth kill guards (informant), and eavesdropping missions with new informant missions (kill archers, destroy merchant stalls, rooftop chase)
-Fast travel from Masyaf pops up when you exit the fortress, gives you the option of "Bureau" or "Outskirt" of each city
-More precise controls thanks to the mouse

Console:
-More complex audio (echo effects if you're not directly facing the speaker, very immersive)
-Stealth kill guards is the only informant mission
-Fast travel is at the edge of Masyaf, will always take you to the outskirt
-Controls are frustrating compared to PC

As for the missions, I really liked the ones in the console version better, even though they lacked variety. The dialogue was a LOT more engaging than listening to an informant go blah blah blah. All the informant missions with any personality are in the console version, and overall it was more rewarding to actually pick the letter off the characters (lots of interesting not-just-random-people characters in the console pickpocket missions, such as priests and guards...gave it flavor) instead of just having the informant tell me he stole the letter.

Overall, the gameplay was better in the PC version, the immersion was better in the console version.

Anyone have any comments about the two?[/QUOTE

Actually I disagree I thought the console was way better than the PC version. Also what was so directer's cut about it?

mynameismyself
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
4 additional sidemissions and AI fixes.

Edengoth
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by mynameismyself:
4 additional sidemissions and AI fixes.
AI...yeah, i noticed on the console, a lot of guards wouldn't react if I stab someone RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

Grimm-X67
08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
I mean the steering. It seems like the console version tried to aim my jumps at people when I WANTED to jump straight forward off a ledge.
My PC lets me be straight...*waits for Danvish joke* Lol, I don't think Danvish needs to say anything. XD

thekyle0
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
He'd better. Or I will have wasted a lot of time stalking this thread.

Danvish
08-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Your pc lets you be straight?

<calls Leonardo> Sorry Leo, call off operation "Hidden Blade".

KZarr
08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
What you people talking about, I liked the controls on the console's a lot more than on PC