PDA

View Full Version : Need help on LAN connection

Lt.Davis
02-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Hi everyone, me and my freind are trying to play FB using LAN connection (XP and win2k), but we couldnt find each other PC within FB, although outside FB, our PC can communicate with each other (including file sharing), we even try it with ohter game , which work just fine, so we figure out that our connection is allright, but couldnt understand why FB wont work, pls if you guys have any idea how to solve this problem let us know

Thank you for your time

Speed is the KEY.

Lt.Davis
02-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Hi everyone, me and my freind are trying to play FB using LAN connection (XP and win2k), but we couldnt find each other PC within FB, although outside FB, our PC can communicate with each other (including file sharing), we even try it with ohter game , which work just fine, so we figure out that our connection is allright, but couldnt understand why FB wont work, pls if you guys have any idea how to solve this problem let us know

Thank you for your time

Speed is the KEY.

Tempestate
02-01-2004, 02:41 AM
Are you on the internet?? at the same time

If so try disconnecting the internet and trying again. some games will try the internet IP first.

Also have you tried typing in the server IP on the PC trying to connect

Other than that MAKE sure no firewalls are present on either machine as it may just be blocking ports

MustangWZI
02-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Although I've never set up a LAN connection I'm going to try the first obvious question, did you set your connection to LAN in the setup utility?

- START/All Programs/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmivik: Forgotten Battles/Setup

In the Network tab.

Hope this helps.

http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/140104-sig5.JPG
Like the moon over
The day, my genious and brawn
Are lost on these fools
~Haiku

Lt.Davis
02-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Thank you!

It works, we didn't realise that the internet connection is on. After disable my connection, it work. Thank you once again.

Speed is the KEY.

Tempestate
02-03-2004, 03:03 AM
no probs

Enjoy