PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's income in Revelations

flyingeaglemile
11-01-2011, 01:21 PM
In AC2 it was from the villa, in Brotherhood it was from all the buildings in Rome we bought. What do you think it's going to be in Revelations? I don't expect Ezio to be renovating Constantinople or Maysuf.

superkootje
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I THINK income from den's (renovating/improving) and from buying/renovating shops.

Moultonborough
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Ezio will be renovating Constantinople. It ties in with the Dens.

EDIT: Beat by Superkootje

LightRey
11-01-2011, 01:31 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/DamnThoseWiffyDogs/Rs9ZUEA8r1I/AAAAAAAAAOc/BF2BE3SL4Iw/QuiteRly.jpg

superkootje
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Ezio will be renovating Constantinople. It ties in with the Dens.

EDIT: Beat by Superkootje

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
You mean also like renovating buildings other then shops?

Jexx21
11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I hope we can renovate Masyaf, it's supposed to be wrecked from the invasion of the Mongols in mid-13th century.

But yea, we're renovating Constantinople. Apparently there are multiple levels of renovation for things, like the shops in Monterrigionni in AC2, but I'm not sure.

indulgence82
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM
The Borgia tower type mechanic will be back but you will also be able to lose the towers(now dens) as well now. So the income mechanic should be very similar.

Sarari
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok I got a question about taking over dens. When you take it over, will that area of the city be brighter and more full of life? Cause I hated that in Brotherhood. I want it to have the same beautiful color all the time, whether we renovated everything or not.

Jexx21
11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Ok I got a question about taking over dens. When you take it over, will that area of the city be brighter and more full of life? Cause I hated that in Brotherhood. I want it to have the same beautiful color all the time, whether we renovated everything or not.

Actually, it'll probably be the same.

There were people back then who supported the Byzantines and people who supported the Ottomans. I don't think the Templar Byzantines are going to ruin the lives of people who support them.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

There were people back then who supported the Byzantines and people who supported the Ottomans. I don't think the Templar Byzantines are going to ruin the lives of people who support them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well Cesare Borgia also had his share of support from the people.

bajingantengik
11-02-2011, 04:27 AM
nope.

its a lot complicated than that, a good comparison would be israel-palestine conflict (you could talk about politics in this forum, right?), while cesare borgia is just plain evil dictator

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

There were people back then who supported the Byzantines and people who supported the Ottomans. I don't think the Templar Byzantines are going to ruin the lives of people who support them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well Cesare Borgia also had his share of support from the people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but that support was fairly low. After Ezio started taking down Cesare's control, the people started to 'revolt' more. (see vigilantes)

LightRey
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by bajingantengik:
nope.

its a lot complicated than that, a good comparison would be israel-palestine conflict (you could talk about politics in this forum, right?), while cesare borgia is just plain evil dictator
That's not true at all. Cesare Borgia had surprisingly much support. This was mainly because he brought order to previously chaotic regions. Not rarely people felt better off under his rule.

Chamboozer
11-02-2011, 03:03 PM
LightRey is right.

Also it's 1512. 60 years after the capture of Constantinople, 50 years after the end of the last Byzantine state in Trebizond. There were very few people inside the Ottoman Empire who still wanted to revive Byzantium. It doesn't compare at all with the Israel-Palestine conflict.

SteelCity999
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
LightRey is right.

Also it's 1512. 60 years after the capture of Constantinople, 50 years after the end of the last Byzantine state in Trebizond. There were very few people inside the Ottoman Empire who still wanted to revive Byzantium. It doesn't compare at all with the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Byzantium, for the most part, ended with the Fourth Crusade. Although Constantinople was technically never stable, it never recovered from the sack. The religious orientation of the city remained mostly the same but they really never even had a navy or army afterward - anything worth being intimidated by anyway. In fact, most of the defenders in 1453 were of foreign origin. I think the reference to Byzantine is mainly meant to tie the Latin influence, and therefore the Templars, to the city and not necessarily the actual Byzantines - since the Templars and the Byzantines were 2 totally separate entities and it wasn't as if the Templars were welcomed into the city in the first place.

And to LightRey's point, Cesare was fairly well-liked by alot of the people and in some ways improved their lives. So to compare them isn't really fair.

Chamboozer
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
My point was that it's not as if the Greek population was looking for any opportunity to rebel against their Ottoman rulers. And every indication is that the Templar forces are actually trying to restore the Byzantines to the throne, under the pretender Manuel Palaiologos - of the same family as the late Constantine XI. Besides, any attempt to tie in the real-life Templars to the 'factual' parts of history in the game is a doomed endeavor. It's much more reasonable to imagine the Templars as a completely fictional organization when figuring out how they fit into the story. It's not like there were any real templars left in the 16th Century.

WackoJacko_7
11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
or so they'd have you believe....

LightRey
11-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
My point was that it's not as if the Greek population was looking for any opportunity to rebel against their Ottoman rulers. And every indication is that the Templar forces are actually trying to restore the Byzantines to the throne, under the pretender Manuel Palaiologos - of the same family as the late Constantine XI. Besides, any attempt to tie in the real-life Templars to the 'factual' parts of history in the game is a doomed endeavor. It's much more reasonable to imagine the Templars as a completely fictional organization when figuring out how they fit into the story. It's not like there were any real templars left in the 16th Century.
That's true. The fictional Templar order can really only serve to give potential explanations for the actions of certain historical characters (same for the Assassin order ofc).

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Ezio will make his money by killing people and selling the bodies to Leonardo for study.

:O

LightRey
11-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Ezio will make his money by killing people and selling the bodies to Leonardo for study.

xD
He'll be rich in no time!

crash3
11-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Whatever the source of Ezios income, I think this time it should be more gradual as a way to encourage more exploration of the cities (e.g. collecting more chests) and it will also feel more satisfying when buying new weapons as you are spending more hard earned money.

I think in ACB and AC2 you end up earning massive amount of money and you are able to buy everything available in the shops very quickly

LightRey
11-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
Whatever the source of Ezios income, I think this time it should be more gradual as a way to encourage more exploration of the cities (e.g. collecting more chests) and it will also feel more satisfying when buying new weapons as you are spending more hard earned money.

I think in ACB and AC2 you end up earning massive amount of money and you are able to buy everything available in the shops very quickly
You actually want more chests? I think there are plenty as is.

SixKeys
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM

"Ahh, you brought another one! How exciting!"

LightRey
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

"Ahh, you brought another one! How exciting!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
XD

Chamboozer
11-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Not that it makes much of a difference now that the game is all finished with, but I agree that money should be more scarce. I'd like to see a feature whereby we can use large sums of money to bribe guards to stop attacking us.

AnthonyA85
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, what i think they should have done is increase the intervals of the income deposits from every 20 minutes, to once every 90, at least.

That way, the income build up would have been much slower.