PDA

View Full Version : Hatswitch keys

Bikewer
02-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Saw a question in one forum or another and tried it:
With TrackIR, you have a bunch of hatswitch positions you can re-map for other uses. I put trim on the "Up" and "down" positions, and toggle FOV on another. That leaves a few more to play with...handy too.

Bikewer
02-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Saw a question in one forum or another and tried it:
With TrackIR, you have a bunch of hatswitch positions you can re-map for other uses. I put trim on the "Up" and "down" positions, and toggle FOV on another. That leaves a few more to play with...handy too.

LWulffe_Dumbo
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Since flying with TrackIR, I've found a whole bunch of key mappings on my stick that I no longer use--i.e., most of the padlock functions. The only ones I keep mapped are the external aircraft and ground padlocks. I dumped all of the "in-cockpit" padlocks that I had mapped, and replaced them with other commands that I kept reaching to the keyboard for.

I dogfight exclusively with TrackIR now...the human eye is the best "padlock" mechanism ever created!

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-17-2005, 07:15 AM
I use trackIR too and have prop-pitch increase/decrease, engine start and tailhook extend/retract on my hatswitch now.

TB

Jersey_Seven
02-17-2005, 06:08 PM
LWulffe_Dumbo,

Out of curiosity, are you using 2 1GB sticks of RAM?

I get a major slowdown in benchmarks with 4 512 GB sticks, supposedly because of the AMD64 memory manager.

JS

LWulffe_Dumbo
02-17-2005, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jersey_Seven:
LWulffe_Dumbo,

Out of curiosity, are you using 2 1GB sticks of RAM?

I get a major slowdown in benchmarks with 4 512 GB sticks, supposedly because of the AMD64 memory manager.

JS <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salute, Jersey_Seven!

Yeah...two sticks of 1GB Mushkin RAM...just as soon as my buddy at the computer store that built my rig remembers to order it.

It's been about two months now...I think it's on a slow boat from somewhere.