PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Content (a poll)

Zeusdude2020
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
A big thing for a game to have now a days is Downloadable content. From map packs (like for Halo and CoD) and costumes (for Little Big Planet), it is a popular thing that all gamers will love, usually. =P

So let's speculate and hope here.

Losk_
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I voted other: "all of the above"

caswallawn_2k7
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I vote other I want more places to explore that aren't just straight line dungeons.

SWJS
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
What Losk and Cas said.

z0nnebril
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
side missions, I like someone telling me to complete a task lol, so that or more story missions, I'm fine without the others

jordanDB26
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
yeah i like new missions weather its side missions or main story ones

ctuagent15
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I voted for new missions

DiamondBlade_R
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
If I had a say in the matter, I'd have them release new missions to progress Desmond's plotline further. I was really disappointed to learn that AC2 will have a smaller amount of Desmond segments to it compared to AC1.

Q: How "action-packed" will Desmond's role be in ACII?

A. Patrice said that Desmond will still be featured in ACII and that the game will start about an hour after the first one finishes, still in Desmond's room looking at the blood messages left by Subject 16. He escapes Abstergo with Lucy, as we already know, but we'll see less of Desmond in this game than in AC1, but also more of him. Patrice agreed with my dessert metaphor of Desmond's involvement; it will be short & sweet.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/5581067497 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5581067497) - My source for that. Possible spoilers in thread.

vanbuskirks
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I voted for more missions, but I would like to see new towns as well. Just being in the environment is loads of fun.

@DiamondBlade: I agree, I think Desmond is a fairly cool and complex character. I really hope we get to free-run out of Abstergo with Desmond as one of the first missions.

Big-Boss_777
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
all the above http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

phimo123-FR
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Only new secret area... Someday, I wish I could enter in all the architectural magnificent of Italy.

Sincerely, I think anything else could be dangerous for the coherence of the Assassin's Creed universe. Think about the fact that they would have to explain those additions within the context of the Animus. Also, too many weapons and abilities would make the game complicated.

Maybe more and more animations would be great! (Like "Animation pack" instead of the "Sticker pack", "Costume pack" or "Music Pack" from LittleBigPlanet)

SBRedFlag
10-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I voted new progressing missions, only because I hate it when a story ends.

thekyle0
10-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I chose new missions(side missions and secret areas). They have a lot more value to them than new clothes, weapons, or armor; and, Ubi could probably produce a lot more of them than extra towns or extra story missions.

Airadan
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
New Missions for the win.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
new mission, new cloths (like the ability to dress like pre assassin Ezio)

and for crying out loud give us our bloody crossbow already, I wanna be a really old school sniper.

An_Idea
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
I voted other: "all of the above"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif all of those sound cool

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by remmus64:
new mission, new cloths (like the ability to dress like pre assassin Ezio)

and for crying out loud give us our bloody crossbow already, I wanna be a really old school sniper.
Then I'm afraid ur gonna have to play a shooter lol, AC was never meant to be anything with guns and are trying to make it as non-essential to the game as possible

An_Idea
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah, i still really wanna try out the gun though. even though its not a shooter i wanna try to snipe som1 with it XD

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:23 PM
well I think it just aims auto at the guard in question in shoots, not sure tho lol

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Then I'm afraid ur gonna have to play a shooter lol, AC was never meant to be anything with guns and are trying to make it as non-essential to the game as possible

consider the slow reload rate on a crossbow and the fact you can only shoot one bolt a time I doupt adding one would turn AC in some twitch shooter

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
but u would probably use it more at far range wouldn't u? Then how is Ezio gonna talk with his victims? Ubi does everything for a reason

An_Idea
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM
i kinda abused the throwing knives in AC1 after i beat the game. sorta kinda used them as a gun kinda maybe something like that.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
but u would probably use it more at far range wouldn't u? Then how is Ezio gonna talk with his victims? Ubi does everything for a reason

well you could use the same argument for the gun, or the knifes in AC1...and itīs in the games, personally I think itīs better to give the option and let the player make the call to use it or not.

Originally posted by An_Idea:
i kinda abused the throwing knives in AC1 after i beat the game. sorta kinda used them as a gun kinda maybe something like that.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I used them to take out archers 90% of the time, very useful since the Archers never raised the alarm just by seeing a corpse.

An_Idea
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
theyre doing that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif ooh u mean the crossbow, well he already has a gun and throwing knives. it would be overkill to have a crossbow to

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
but that's when the story doesn't matter, AC is trying to make the story fit as seemleslly as possible, and they're trying to make the gun as played down as possible so u don't assassinate with it, and have u ever tried assassinating a target with a throwing knife? it's impossible

An_Idea
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
yep, i learned that the hard way. the target that has tons of clones. i didnt realise there was only one left, tried to get him with a throwing knife, had to chase him through the whole f***ing city

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
theyre doing that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif ooh u mean the crossbow, well he already has a gun and throwing knives. it would be overkill to have a crossbow to

not really, the gun has range but makes a heck a lot of noise, a throwing knife is silent but donīt have much range, a crossbow has both good range and stealth to it but thanks to itīs slow reload and only one bolt it wouldnīt turn the game into Assassins Halo :3

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
but that's when the story doesn't matter, AC is trying to make the story fit as seemleslly as possible, and they're trying to make the gun as played down as possible so u don't assassinate with it, and have u ever tried assassinating a target with a throwing knife? it's impossible

and so the same downplay canīt be applied to the crossbow because?...

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
but it's still overkill because u have a weapon for each situation, taking all ingenuity out of the game and u just cycle through those three weapons

remmus64
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
but it's still overkill because u have a weapon for each situation, taking all ingenuity out of the game and u just cycle through those three weapons

isnīt using something for every occasion something a real assassin would strive for? just seams like lazy design if a game creates difficulty by basicly shooting us in the leg by not giving us the best tools for a job

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
yes, but that's for real life remember this is a game, they don't WANT u realising that u could use those three weapons and then not do a;l the other stuff they created, they want it to entertain, not be some spam fest of everything being done by crossbow and those other weapons and beating the game just doing that

remmus64
10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
yes, but that's for real life remember this is a game, they don't WANT u realising that u could use those three weapons and then not do a;l the other stuff they created, they want it to entertain, not be some spam fest of everything being done by crossbow and those other weapons and beating the game just doing that

still feel like you treating crossbows like a magic instant win weapon when anyone with the knowledge how they work would never do so, again I think itīs better to add it and make it the players choice to use it or not, not the game designers.

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
no it's not magic, but frst of all, crossbows weren't used widely anymore, even in the feudal area only the Kings had them because they cost so much, so Ezio's chance of getting one in the first place is slim. Then the crossbow is sorta like a sniper with one bullet left, and I for do not want that, it's bad enough we have a gun, a crossbow has enough potential and kinetic energy to pin people to walls when u fire it at them, to instant and not enough actual gaming for me at least, and u don't have to quote everything I say, just press the resopond button

remmus64
10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
wait...isnīt most weapons in AC1 insta kill weapons? Plus again I donīt see the fuzz of adding the crossbow and make each player make the call, itīs a single player game so how a player decides to spend his time is his/hers to make, and if that means some will spend there time snipering with a crossbow all the time that there problem not yours

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
yes most of them are, but u have to get real close with them to have effect, making u plan and creating new ways to get to the target. And as I said, the crossbows wouldn't even be historically accurate, plus they already put in all these other options, putting in more is just making it even more like an rpg, and why are we even arguing about this? We already know they're not putting it in and that it's neither of our problems

remmus64
10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
well since this is a DLC thread one can see it as something they could add, plus if crossbows and such are so rare why are roofs still guarded by archers just like AC1 eh?

edit: after some snooping around I found out itīs not until a century after the event of AC2 that black powder firearms properly replaced bows and crossbows so it isnīt really a rare thing.

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
no just bows, did u look uup how much it cost to hire a crossbow person, let alone buy one? they were so much that dukes couldn't even afford it and died out in the feudal era, there were still some around, but only for the most important people in the world, and there were crossbows in AC1 because it's a lower tech than crossbows and cost like less than half the amount of a crossbow. And if they add it, how are they gonna explain how it was suddenly added? the main point here is consistent since this is like a historic movie that we are playing

remmus64
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
consider it be only added to the character that not a big fuzz, not impossible a store owner picks one up sometime.

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 11:00 PM
fowhen theyt were worth over 1,000 florins at the time? It would be the news of the city if some little store owner got one lol

remmus64
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM
fowhen theyt were worth over 1,000 florins at the time? It would be the news of the city if some little store owner got one lol

consider we have seen stores that sell poison darts and smoke bombs clearly some deal in the black market, plus if nothing else the high price could work as gameplay balance making sure you have to earn serious amount of money to get it.

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
and did u forget the part that kings really only had them, so if u bought the famous crossbow tat everyone knew about and someone died then they would know it's the only dud in town with one and that u would be always stopped by guards going WTF is that!?

remmus64
10-08-2009, 11:15 PM
consider how little Altairs arsenal affected his ability to blend in AC1 I see no problems.

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 11:28 PM
because it was a time of war and everyone had weapons so they just wrote him off as a paranoid warrior monk

SlimeDynamiteD
10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I voted New Missions, Secundary Missions and Secret Areas etc. Because new Secret Areas would be awesome!
Because I think (and maybe I'm wrong) but I think they will make a DLC with the Missions in The Black-Edition, so you can buy the 3 missions without having the rest of the stuff, and it wouldn't be that expensive.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FROGGEman2
10-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I would love new areas, quests to go along with them and new animations ("assassinate whilst making your mother coffee" is a prime example. What? You couldn't assassinate someone whilst making your mother coffee before could you? Could you?)

obliviondoll
10-09-2009, 01:40 AM
I vote clothing...
More variety in outfits would be awesome.

FROGGEman2
10-09-2009, 01:42 AM
because it was a time of war and everyone had weapons so they just wrote him off as a paranoid warrior monk

But don't you find the idea of prowling on the rooftops, enabling your crossbow, and firing from long range? Also, this is Ezio, he gets a chain-mace from Altairs legacy. HEY KIDS, WHICH IS LESS PROBABLE? A CROSSBOW OR A CHAINMACE?

Also, I don't think you'd be able to use it on story assassination targets.

Atmon
10-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey guys,

A quick word for your Comdev. DLC is indeed a big deal and nowadays game. We want to support our lovely community.

Right now, there are still unrevealed elements that will undoubtedly please you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So I just want to thank you for sharing your wishes, we are paying attention to that, and will do our best to exceed your expectation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Cpt_Yanni
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Well towns are actually my favourite, but I think it's quite impossible to put that in a DLC, so I voted for Missions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jonathon00
10-09-2009, 10:05 AM
all of the above.

NuclearFuss
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I suppose side missions, because I think Ubisoft will finish off Ezio's story without making us pay for more.

EmperorxZurg
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Atmon:
Hey guys,

A quick word for your Comdev. DLC is indeed a big deal and nowadays game. We want to support our lovely community.

Right now, there are still unrevealed elements that will undoubtedly please you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

as long as u can make it seem sense and not have it just appearhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I want explanations
So I just want to thank you for sharing your wishes, we are paying attention to that, and will do our best to exceed your expectation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Manifibell
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
I voted New Missions, Secundary Missions and Secret Areas etc. Because new Secret Areas would be awesome!
Because I think (and maybe I'm wrong) but I think they will make a DLC with the Missions in The Black-Edition, so you can buy the 3 missions without having the rest of the stuff, and it wouldn't be that expensive.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It would be nice ^^

And i kinda answered the question also.

EmperorxZurg
10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
dang my comp hates the full posting forum, what I said at atmon was please try to make it interweave with the story somehow for DLC. Like say they got a shipment from a far off place that manufactures them or something

Sparta955
10-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't call crossbows uncommon at all.

Crossbows were especially common among the Italian mercenaries. At the battle of Crecy during the Hundred Years war which ended in 1453 the Genoese crossbowmen were bested by the English longbowmen. Crossbows were commonly used among Europe until around 1550.

If you're aware of how the feudal system works then you'll know that Knights and Lords paid for all of their troops equipment, not just their own, because cities only really began to emerge after about 1650, and nearly all troops were farmers who did not make money.

Though I agree, I would prefer not the have a crossbow in the game as it would be completely overpowered, capable of killing a "brute" in one shot most likely, and as Disturbed said their were be too many weapons to use at range.

FROGGEman2
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Sparta955:
I wouldn't call crossbows uncommon at all.

Crossbows were especially common among the Italian mercenaries. At the battle of Crecy during the Hundred Years war which ended in 1453 the Genoese crossbowmen were bested by the English longbowmen. Crossbows were commonly used among Europe until around 1550.

If you're aware of how the feudal system works then you'll know that Knights and Lords paid for all of their troops equipment, not just their own, because cities only really began to emerge after about 1650, and nearly all troops were farmers who did not make money.

Though I agree, I would prefer not the have a crossbow in the game as it would be completely overpowered, capable of killing a "brute" in one shot most likely, and as Disturbed said their were be too many weapons to use at range.

Well, it'd be a one-shot wonder and exclusively for stealth. But, they wouldn't know where the shot came from.

EmperorxZurg
10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
says u, then some noob will use it all the time and start braggin on here how he's so much better than us and @ Sparta:

yes they were for mercenaries, but those were speciality mercs who could cost well over 5,000 florins for one job and since the cities and wealth weren't fully developed at the time, no one except for the highest of rank and wealth could afford them, so I think they shouldn't be littered over the place, maybe keep them on the super-rich people who own the city and can bathe in their own wealth, because just by hiring those mercs to guard him he's depleted half his funds

An_Idea
10-10-2009, 11:34 AM
i think you guys are talking about a full sized crossbow right? that would be too big and clunky for ezio, the idea for this game is to use your hidden blades more, and weapons that you steal from guards. like i said before i think a crossbow would be to much and a standard sized crossbow would be ridiculous with what theyre trying to do with ezio.

FROGGEman2
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
says u, then some noob will use it all the time and start braggin on here how he's so much better than us

Ugh, you're so purist disturbed.

Who cares what some stupid noob thinks? Also, I doubt adding *one* long-range weapon would turn the game into a shooter.

EmperorxZurg
10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
we already have, the hidden gunhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

pood94
10-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I voted for other.

I would love an sdk for this game.. just imagine the possebilities you could have if you could mod this game, what fun mods that could be made.

this would be the perfect game if ubisoft would release an sdk..

DiamondBlade_R
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
we already have, the hidden gunhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
The hidden gun hasn't necessarily been confirmed to be long-ranged in nature. In the <STRIKE>super ultra mega illegal</STRIKE> PAX demo, it's shown that once you pick a target for it, a line is drawn between you and the target to act as your radical. Although, it was never shown to be able to function as a long-range one.

thekyle0
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
You probably just need to be close enough to lock on. I think it would be cool if you locked onto a moving target and the lines would move back out slightly and increase your chances of missing. Or maybe, if they are a good distance away then lines won't close completely and we'll have to get closer to have a decent chance to hit the target.

joshua200830
10-11-2009, 02:48 PM
if u remember the famous saying " dont fire til u see the whites of there eyes" that is because musket guns were extremely inaccurate. so assuming ezio is using a small hidden musket gun he would have to be fairly close to have an accurate shot. this is just my opinion based on real life facts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Garethism
10-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I went with "Other" because I couldn't really make my mind up with all the options available.

younas456
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by vanbuskirks:
@DiamondBlade: I agree, I think Desmond is a fairly cool and complex character. I really hope we get to free-run out of Abstergo with Desmond as one of the first missions.

i can see it in front of me you jump on some boxes just standing there and then up and stand on some ... piles??(not sure of the word choice) and see the guards run byhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and then you jump down and assassinate one and the others dont notice it:P

EmperorxZurg
10-14-2009, 05:39 PM
@Joshua: actually that was because the Patriotic battalion at the time was really short on ammo and wanted no chance of missing a shot, even with that precaution though, they ran out of ammo and had to retreat from the hill they were defending from the British, muskets WERE innacurate tho as u said, but even at a range that Ubi showed in the video Ezio shouldn't have made in real life, so I'm guessing that isn't a big part of the game for the accuracy of it

noobkira
11-09-2009, 11:13 PM
it would be GREAT to see them make an entire town dedicated to a sperate storyline. that would be fun

ProjectXigis
11-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Story-progressing missions, though I have a deeper explanation, don't know if anyone has read it yet...

TyronLeRoy
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by vanbuskirks:

The first 20 minutes are spent on Desmond trying to get the hell out of there.
Just so you know.

CRUDFACE
11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by joshua200830:
if u remember the famous saying " dont fire til u see the whites of there eyes" that is because musket guns were extremely inaccurate. so assuming ezio is using a small hidden musket gun he would have to be fairly close to have an accurate shot. this is just my opinion based on real life facts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It's actually a wheel lock firearm...I think

FROGGEman2
11-11-2009, 12:59 AM
I want to eventually be able to go through the entire of Renaissance Italy via DLC. This, of course, comes with hundreds of new story-driven missions and several new enemies and weapons.

Even Sicily. Oh yeah.

Captain Tomatoz
11-11-2009, 01:51 AM
@TyronLeRoy: you should put spoiler alert on what you said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Grandmaster_Z
11-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Let us wear AlTair's Outfit!!!

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
Let us wear AlTair's Outfit!!!

As far as I know, that's in the original game, once you get far enough.

Br0n0
11-12-2009, 02:22 AM
i want the maps from the black edition to be available for DLC

MzMattis
12-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
I voted new progressing missions, only because I hate it when a story ends.
I am in agreement with you, mission progressions is great, don't like when the story ends either

Avl521
12-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I voted other: All of the previous options

Cataclypse
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I voted for more towns, because that would probably have to mean more missions as well, so that would probably mean most amount of gaming to go.