PDA

View Full Version : My friend is starting IL-2 how can I help him

AllorNothing117
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
First thing I said was join this forum, and too look out for Ice fire.(more help then I'll ever be). Pionted him at Denkers giude, told him to pick one plane and get used to it and that it won't be anything like flying jets on Microsoft flight sim. What'd I do?

AllorNothing117
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
First thing I said was join this forum, and too look out for Ice fire.(more help then I'll ever be). Pionted him at Denkers giude, told him to pick one plane and get used to it and that it won't be anything like flying jets on Microsoft flight sim. What'd I do?

strider1
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi, M8!

Send your buddy here: http://www.joint-ops.com/

Flight training from the ground up, including optimizing your rig for play. An organized and well-planned series of progressive courses given by friendly people in a non-judgmental atmosphere where they want you to succeed with the accent on fun!

Get yourself there too. You'll learn more in the 2 1/2 week Basic Flight School than you would in months of fumbling around by yourself, no matter how many forums/guides you read.

Best of luck! See you in the skies!

Strider1

Stingray333
01-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi AllorNothing117,

I give a +1 on what strider1 suggests, joint-ops will get your buddy (and possibly you) some great training in their 2.5 week basic flight school.

Also make him read (and re-read) the nuggets guide to getting off the ground thread that is stickied in the main forum.

Stingray

RockyAlexander
01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
+1 to the above posts. Joint Ops FTW!

Zeus-cat
01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
He can also try my landing and takeoff training campaign - Straight From the Farm. follow the link below.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Tell him to get a decent headset, download TeamSpeak and have him fly with you (or some other willing experienced pilot). You can use your own channel on most servers and actually walk him through many of the more difficult parts of getting started in this great sim.