PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server Install

RippleInSanity
09-23-2006, 09:51 PM
All I find is patches for dedicated server, but I haven't found the dedicated server itself. How do I patch that which does not exist?

There's a few posts regarding setting up a dedicated server, but the links to downloads are all dead.

I have the gold pack and pacific fighters. Am trying to install a server on a P4 machine. It is not clear whether I need to install the game itself first or not.

RippleInSanity
09-23-2006, 09:51 PM
All I find is patches for dedicated server, but I haven't found the dedicated server itself. How do I patch that which does not exist?

There's a few posts regarding setting up a dedicated server, but the links to downloads are all dead.

I have the gold pack and pacific fighters. Am trying to install a server on a P4 machine. It is not clear whether I need to install the game itself first or not.

Tully__
09-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Try here:
http://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/pacific_fighters/dedicated_servers/
The file is labelled pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe in that list.

Be aware that the file is 410MB and files of this size are often corrupted during download regardless of how good your connection is. It doesn't matter too much for a media file unless it's the header or compression table that's corrupt, but for software it's critical. It may take a number of attempts to get a clean download.

Unfortunately 3DGamers appear to have removed the 2.04 server file, there servers used to give really good connections.

RippleInSanity
09-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks. I'll try that one a few times and see if I can get a good download.

RippleInSanity
09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Everytime I download it, the exact same files fail the CRC. I think the file is already corrupt on the server.

dbillo
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Possibly. I had the same problem with that download, but was able to salvage it. In my case, the corrupt files (failed CRC) were:

fb_maps.SFS
fb_maps01.SFS
fb_maps02.SFS
fb_maps03.SFS
fb_maps04.SFS
fb_maps05.SFS
fb_maps06.SFS
filesserver.SFS
LucidaSansRegular

Then there was a premature end of archive, so I don't know what else, if anything, was missed. Make a note of which files fail the CRC when you run the install. I'd be interested to see if they are the same ones or something different.

I had an install of FB+AEP, so I copied all the fb_maps files from there, as well as the font file. I also copied the files.SFS file and just renamed it filesserver.SFS

I've been running the DS with those copied files for about a month now and haven't noticed any problem. So if you've got the Gold Pack, just install it and use it to replace any corrupted files.